Champion's League 2009/2010

• ı think playoff 6 should play between fenerbahce-zarechie vakifgunes-bergamo asystel-scavolini

• I was biting my nails just like Valentina Arrighetti while watching the match between Pesaro and Bergamo :lol:

That was a fight :box: The war I can watch over and over again :)
    Broadcaster on Polsat Sport TV said that in Italian League they used different ball, not Mikasa, so even though this two teams know each other very well, their serves, spikes in CL matches would be completely unpredictable for both sides...

Bosetti with her 1,76 cm hight was a little suprise for me but I like her spikes and good defence :thumbsup: And Lo Bianco showed she deserve to be first setter in NT and one of the best in the whole world.

I'm waiting impatiently for next week and the time Polish League will reach such level as Italian.

• First of all, I have to say that it is a torture to watch the matches of Fenerbahce. The main goal of teams and players is to win rather than making the viewers enjoy what they are watching for sure. This is not a surprise and this is the way it should be. On the other hand, considering the players they have, Fenerbahce can easily play a much more different, exciting and enjoyable game. Interestingly, nobody prefers talking about the problems of this team since the beginning of CL. Although they won all of their matches in the local league and CL, they have not been tested against good teams so far. I guess this is the main reason preventing many viewers and even professional commentators writing or talking about their weak points. In the first place, reception should be considered as a serious problem for this team. The reception skills of Fenerbahce's libero is far from convincing. She can collapse against the teams serving consistently well, which is not the case for the teams they have played so far. Having a this type of libero can be challenging when one of the outside hitters can not receive at all. I don't understand why coaches still insist on making Seda an outside hitter. She simply does not have the essential skills for being a good OH. In addition to problems with her reception and defensive skills, she can't attack consistently well from the left wing. Since she is not as good as Neslihan or Gamova, coaches are always forcing her to play as an OH with the hope of having a one more stronger attacker but this is only a wishful thinking. Taking into account the other receivers of this team, Cigdem, Nihan and the back-up libero (a real libero?), a receiving outside hitter is essential for this team. Blom is the obvious and wiser option for this position. Eda, Cigdem and the third-middle blocker (name?)... This team doesn't have a single world-class blocker. Eda can contribute a lot with her attacks (great connection with Aydemir since Poland) if Frauke remembers one day that there are players other than Gamova and Osmokrovic. Unfortunately, this is not the case with her blocking skills. No need to talk about Cigdem or the other one (the slowest MB I have ever seen). I can understand that they do not care how well their middle-blockers can attack or not as the only players taking balls from the setter are Gamova and Osmokrovic. However, considering that Seda and Gamova are on the court together and the libero is not amazing, they need good blockers. Turks finally found a good setter after many years while other great volleyball countries are lacking good setters. Unfortunately, foreign coaches (Beppe and Jan) have not made a positive impact on Aydemir's career so far. I would prefer watching Aydemir instead of a ultra-creative Frauke. On the other hand, it is not difficult to understand why Frauke is the starter and why this superbly talented young setter is sitting on the bench to watch Gamova hitting dozens of balls per set. Anyway, it is good for us as Turks do not prefer using (Eda) or playing with (Aydemir) their few classy players. I hope Fenerbahce does not change coaching staff next year. So, we can go on winning titles with less investments. Terzic's statement (if true) is not absurd at all especially after the ridiculous Metal Galati-Fenerbahce match. Giovanni's team would be the hot favourite to win the title if they had a better setter. However, I can't see this happening with an average setter (can't remember her name). They created a wonderful team with a lot of potential and put an ordinary, average setter to lead them. Although Vakifbank Telekom has the potential to pull a surprise against Turkish compatriots, my pick would be Bergamo with injury-free and fit Picci, Leo and Del Core.

Did you see Fenerbahçe Acıbadem? :super: :super: :super: Like super girls... :cup: We ll take the cup and you ll only watch...You saw who is the best???

• Novara leads 2-0 and is in Final Four. Both teams are playing absolutely awful today! :thumbdown:
    Debby Stam injured her ankle in 1st set, I hope it is not as bad as it looked :S

I hope also that Debby Stam's injury is not serious. What exactly happened? I did not see it clearly ?(

• I'm disappointed that Vakif Gunes could not put up a better fight. They committed many errors :thumbdown:
    I thought they had a chance to win set 2 and keep their chance alive but Logan Tom's 2 aces in the last 3 points of set 2 sends Novara to The Final Four. Champions League over for Vakif Gunes. :(

Congratulations to Novara. They didn't play great tonight but they played well enough :)

• Congratulation to Asistel... i'm very happy for Novara... :win:

Yesterday they didn't play very well, but Vakif Gunes was to bad to be real (too mutch errors), Odze was awfull :down:

I'm sorry for the injury of Stam... Come on Debby!! :flower:

• VGS could win this match 3:0 cause Asystel was not that good as last week.
    But without Debby all team lost will to fight and she could't help them... Despite injury, helplessness is painful too.
    I hope, she'll soon be ok.

• Fenerbahce easily won the game. I loved Seda Tokatlioglu and Alice Bloom. From now on, Fenerbahce is the major candidate to get the Indesit Championship Cup.

• fenerbahce acibadem is the clearly favourite with maybe Pesaro or Bergamo, depending on the result.
    But fenerbahce has never plays against an oponement like RC Cannes, they had a different game from lot of teams in this chamion's league. Let's see if it's enough to make a surprise...
    I will be in cannes to cheer the girls in this first semi final ^^

• yet again Foppa reborn in the crucial match. i'm so angry right now Pesaro made the same mistake like last year ;/

i bet that Bergamo will win CL this team is just unbeliveable

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• What happened at the end of the match? why Delcore was so angry?

yes, does anyone know why DelCore was angry? Something happened. Well done Foppa!! Well played. Very good serving (poor Usic, served on by everyone the whole match!!)which allowed them to set up their block really well, and as ever good defense. also it helped that Ortolani played well today.They were able to rely on her at crucial times.