Grand Champions Cup 2009 - Japan

• Konrad, Brazil is also not very strong even with Visotto the team is not like before. If you had at least Zagumny and one more powerful spiker, you would beat them. Sorry,that this didn't happen. Only Bulgaria should beat Poland from now on, no one else ;)

I think that Brazilian NT deserve more RESPECT! The best team of the HISTORY of VOLLEYBALL! Win EVERYTHING (2000´s)

WON ALL TOURNMENTS Since WL 2001 (only TWO WL 2002 and 2008) And OG 2008 (silver medal) So??! :tzz:

[img=http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9631/braitajq5.th.jpg]

"FIRE IN THE EYES" - THIS IS BRAZIL" :D

• When I wrote that Brazil is not so strong now, I meant that this team is not unbeatable anymore, but is still extremely strong team and top team. Without 2 of its three pillars - Dutra, Garcia, Endres, Brazil can lose tournaments. It is up to the other teams to play without fear against Brazil like USA and Bulgaria for example. No one says that this team is not strong, just not invincible :)

• The best team of the HISTORY of VOLLEYBALL!

mmmh here i have some doubts... ;)

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• mmmh here i have some doubts... ;)

Italy of 90´s don ´t be! (Never WON OG) :lol:

My ranking -> Brasil 2000´s / USA 80´s / URSS 80´s / Italy 90´s :win:

• Italy is 3 times world champions - consecutively, has 8 world leagues, several european titles. Second after Brazil in my ranking with slight difference.

• I'm very glad, that Poland beat Iran 3-1 today, but I didn't like the game. That wasn't a good volleyball by both sides (this terrible servers by Poland in 2nd set :what: ). Fortunatelly Kurek was in good shape again and Jarosz helped him in scoring points. If tomorrow Poland beats Egypt and Cuba beats Iran - we will be fourth in the tournament. It would be good result for this team . Brasil will win the whole WGCC for 99.9%. What a surprise ;)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• With all my respect for Brasil IT IS a surprise. If Poland had it full roster and Cuba had different schedule for the game with Brazil, the result could be very, very different.

• Brazil team has enormous experience in winning titles and even now when they are not invincible the other teams are not prepared to do the job. Cuba lacks the tiebreak experience, Poland lack 8 players...

• If Poland had it full roster and Cuba had different schedule

THAT'S why it is NOT surprise for me :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• You have a point :)

• raylight:

With all due respect, you're kinda contradicting yourself. You say the team is not invincible in the same breath you say other teams are not prepared to beat them...wouldn't that make them invincible all the same?

While I don't think we're invincible (nor do I think we're the best team that ever was), I'm starting to get a little pissed off by the comments I read on this site (like Naples, I guess). You people don't seem too willing to give credit where credit is due, and almost speak as if we're lucking out on tournments. So you're surprised Brazil is doing well? Seriously? You're surprised that the team that just won the World League is doing well on another tournment the same year? As far as I know the World League was won over both Cuba AND Poland. What was the excuse for those? Bad timing again? (Please notice I'm not saying Brazil has won this particular tournment. It can still lose to Japan and lose it all.)

The truth is, there's been a lot of changes in teams worldwide, and if we're not playing at top level yet, neither are those other teams, for they're facing a renewal of their rosters as well. We have been successful because we have a talented, very technical team, despite the changes. Things can change at the drop of a hat, and we CAN start losing tournments, but until that happens, I'd appreciate a little respect for the team, if possible...

• anony
    Don't listen to them. Contrary to them I watch volleyball often and I see why Brazil should be respected. In every tournament Brazilians all play like it's their final game in the career, ofcourse since 2007-2008 there is lack of motivation, which was shown in the Olympics I think. And what is good Brazil is showing how to make from game real game, not next achievement in career. They play for fun more and less for money. In Cuba, Brazil and all southern countries just everybody plays volleyball -this is their national sport, it is part of the people. And what Brazil does now is that every team like France, Poland, Argentina even Egypt improves in defence very well. What about USA - for 2 years from 10th in 2006 in 2008 became Olympic Champions. USA played not for themselves, they just have done it. Great fighting spirit, great team.

• anony
    Don't listen to them. Contrary to them I watch volleyball often and I see why Brazil should be respected. In every tournament Brazilians all play like it's their final game in the career, ofcourse since 2007-2008 there is lack of motivation, which was shown in the Olympics I think. And what is good Brazil is showing how to make from game real game, not next achievement in career. They play for fun more and less for money. In Cuba, Brazil and all southern countries just everybody plays volleyball -this is their national sport, it is part of the people. And what Brazil does now is that every team like France, Poland, Argentina even Egypt improves in defence very well. What about USA - for 2 years from 10th in 2006 in 2008 became Olympic Champions. USA played not for themselves, they just have done it. Great fighting spirit, great team.

Great post Superbobo! :thumbsup:

I agree 100%! :win:

• There is no contradiction in my thesis. Invincibility means, that no effort from the opponent is enough. Between 2002-2006 no one could beat Brazil, because THEY WERE SIMPLY THAT GOOD. Now there are team efforts which can be enough to beat Brazil (France, Bulgaria, USA after 2006- showed that), but most of the the teams do not apply them, because of lack of experience, form or lack of strategy. Brazil is still the best team, but the difference now allows someone else to win a tournament IF THEY KNOW HO TO DO IT AND THEY HAVE THE GUTS TO DO IT.

• I do not understand why when I say that Brazil is no longer invincible someone gets this as disrespect. Brazil team is the best team in the world - and probably will be for a long time ahead (until USA develops national league in volleyball or Cuba changes its policy for the players to be able to play in foreign leagues AND play for the NT) for number of reasons. How disrespectful is that opinion? :)

• I do not understand why when I say that Brazil is no longer invincible someone gets this as disrespect. Brazil team is the best team in the world - and probably will be for a long time ahead (until USA develops national league in volleyball or Cuba changes its policy for the players to be able to play in foreign leagues AND play for the NT) for number of reasons. How disrespectful is that opinion? :)

I agree with the post.. only I don´´t think thar americans and Cubans are better... Brazil is more Tecnical NT of the world.. the others (some) wins in force e phisical!

• @ anony and superbobo,
    finally some wise comments in this forum.
    Some of the participants are just trying to find excuses for their teams’ defeats,

“this tournament does not matter”,
    “What if this team has had a different schedule?
    “what if this team has had a full roster?”

Let’s face the reality, if a national federation was not able to put together a competitive team is not Brazil's fault, if some players are not interested in representing some teams in this tournament it is not a Brazil’s fault either.
    But I think it is very disrespectful to diminish Brazil’s accomplishments in this competition based on assumption: “what if”

@ raylight
    Yes a lot of contradictions in your posts.

• Can you prove them and point them. It happens that logic is my scientific field more or less :) The main problem is that I do not apply the context in my words that most people apply and expect to see, so this causes misunderstandings. I am trying to avoid context at all.

Brazil has the best technique, this is true, but the defense of USA is also outstanding. Check what Andrea Dzordzi wrote about that:

Now I try to build the “Dream Team” choosing the best fundamentals among the four teams qualified for 2007 World League Semifinal . I’ll pick up the collective skills not individual ability (i.e. Russian serve not Ostapenko serve).

SERVE RUSSIA
    RECEPTION BRASIL
    UNPREDICTABLE SET BRASIL
    ACCURACY SET POLAND
    UNPREDICTABLE SPIKE BRASIL
    POWER SPIKE RUSSIA
    DIG USA
    BLOCK RUSSIA
    MENTAL APPROACH POLAND
    CONSISTENCY BRASIL

Note: "What if" can not diminish their victory, its purpose is not that, Brazil are the best on the tournament based on results. "What if" is used to tell that IN FUTURE other teams can win too as it happened last year and that may be more competitive times await ahead.

• And I definitely am trying to avoid putting too much emotions in my thoughts, and stay rational (at least I try to do this). I do not want to be considered racist or someone with no respect for others, This will be the exact opposite of me in real life.

:drink:

• Brazil gets judged by higher standards than other teams, because they're expected to be amazing after their performances in history. So when their play is a little less, but still excellent, people will judge it more harshly than when a horrible team arrives at the same level that Brazil is currently playing at. If you let go of you expectations, you'll see that Brazil has a great team, based simply on the fact that they keep winning.

Same goes for Poland, people expect Poland to do good, simply because its Poland, not because of the players that are on court. I remember when Poland used to suck back in the 90's and they beat Holland (who were Olympic champions) and all of a sudden everyone thought it was AMAZING! The Polish still did quite horrible in the rest of that tournament, but who cares, the expectations are low, whereas the expectations of Holland were really high (even though we didn't have the squad that won the olympics).