European League 2010

• Romania - Bulgaria 0:3, Yaneva was the star of the game qith 19 pts and 68% in attack (she scored many pts after bad reception)
    http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…ate=p_prj_game_stat&key=0

• Serbian ladies complete flawless start in Kladovo Stats Photos

Kladovo, Serbia, June 12, 2010. In the second match scheduled for the first weekend of play in Pool A of the 2010 CEV Women’s European League, the defending champions of Serbia beat once again Great Britain 3:0 (25-21, 25-16, 25-14) in 67 minutes and in front of 1’950 spectators who once again contributed to a fantastic atmosphere in the stands.
    Great Britain took the initiative in the opening of the game and went to the first technical time-out leading 8:7. Serbia managed somehow to improve their game and switched the one point lead by the second technical time-out (16:15 for the hosts). From this moment onwards, the hosts took control of the match and reached the score of 21:16 with five points in a row. The first set was over after 23 minutes of play (25-21). In the second set, Serbia started to play more aggressive and thanks to some great serving of Brizitka Molnar, the host team reached a 10:3 lead. By the second technical time-out, the advantage was even bigger, i.e. 9 points (16:7). There was nothing the British team could do to reverse that trend, just try to avoid a failure and win as many points as they could. The set finished 25:16 after 22 minutes of play. The British team started well in the third set, but soon the hosts regained control of the match and the things started to look pretty much the same way as in the previous section of the game. Serbia was leading 8:4 at the first technical time-out and 16:10 at the second mandatory stop. The hosts finished the match furiously winning the third set 25:14, to complete a flawless start in the 2010 CEV European League.
    The best scorers of the Serbian team were Jovana Brakocevic with 11 points, Stefana Veljkovic with 10 and Brizitka Molnar with 9, while for the British the most efficient ones were Laybourne 10 points, followed by Beattie and Carter with 7 each.
    “We went off to a very good start today, in the first set we played well, we were passing well and we were causing a lot of problems to the host team with our quick offence. But, in the second and the third set Serbia got up, and we were struggling with the serve. I am disappointed with this result, but there are some positive things to learn from this loss” said British captain Lynne Beattie at the end of the match.
    “The British team fought better today, but still we had a chance to try different line-ups, which makes me very happy. As from tomorrow, we are thinking about the next matches and we will try to prepare as carefully as we can for the upcoming challenges. Once again, I would like to congratulate the British team and to wish them all the best for the next games” added Serbian captain Maja Ognjenovic.
    “I think the first set was packed with mistakes by both teams, but from my perspective in terms of what I asked my team to do in the first set they tried to execute and I am pleased with that. However, in the second and third sets I think we lost belief in ourselves and the most important think was our miscommunication on the court. Serbia had some very strong servers and it was the same thing that’s been causing us a lot of problems even in the first match, we must learn how to deal better with those balls” commented British coach Audrey Cooper.
    “Today at some points we played good, especially the things we have being practicing in the training, but sometimes we repeated our usual mistakes, for example we have problems in blocking which is normally one of our strongest weapons. Of course, this is only the beginning and gradually we will raise the level of our game, I am sure. I have to praise the British team, because they improved significantly, I would like to congratulate them and to wish them all the best in the preparations for the 2012 Olympics which I think is their main goal” concluded Serbian coach Zoran Terzic.

Results
    Serbia vs. Great Britain 3:0 (25-21, 25-16, 25-14)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• With second victory in a row Israel tops standings in Pool B Stats Photos

Ra’anana, Israel, June 12, 2010. Israel tops the standings of Pool B in the 2010 CEV Women’s European League after the local girls scored this afternoon a stellar 3:0 victory in their second match against Greece for the opening leg of the competition. After having claimed the first game 3:1, the players of veteran and legendary coach Arie Selinger delighted once again their fans in Ra’anana with a classy performance.
    Israel dominated the match from the very beginning and stamped a close but confident 25-21 in the first set. The second set was pretty tight. Israel set the pace at both technical breaks (8:7 and 16:15 respectively) but with three points in a row Greece turned the count around and went ahead 16:18. Tatiana Artmenko leveled the match and the hosts stayed well focused in the last rallies to claim also the second set 25-23. With Artmenko and Velikiy on fire (13 and 15 points respectively) Israel sailed away in the third set (18:13) to maintain a real dominance in the game and finish the job in three sets. That was quite a confident debut for Israel in the CEV European League and the local girls expect more is to come in the next weeks.

Results
    Israel vs. Greece 3:0 (25-21, 25-23, 25-21)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• GB girls searching for first win against Bulgaria

Crawley, Great Britain, June 16, 2010. Great Britain women are still winless in the 2010 CEV European League but there is nothing negative about the team as they prepare to face Bulgaria in Pool A in Crawley this weekend. A double defeat at the hands of Serbia last weekend coupled with Bulgaria’s double victory over Romania suggest the GB girls may face an impossible task this weekend.
    But coach Audrey Cooper has seen her team improve considerably over the last 12 months and there are signs they are learning fast. Zoran Terzic, the Serbian head coach, admitted: “I’d like to acknowledge Great Britain’s improvements; we used to have easy games against them, but it’s not that way any more. I wish them all the best for their future”.
    Unforced errors at critical points in sets have cost GB dearly but it is all part of the learning process and coach Cooper has been anything but disheartened at the way her team has played against opposition with much more experience.
    After Saturday’s loss to the Serbians in Kladovo, she remained upbeat: “In terms of meeting our intentions with the game plan, we did very well, in that first set, so I’m pleased about that. We began to lose belief in ourselves in the second and third sets, and communication, which is the most important thing on court, began to break down. Serbia has some very strong servers and I’d like to compliment them on their performance in that area. We need to focus on practicing receiving such strong serves”.
    Her captain Lynne Beattie, who helped Calcit KAMNIK win the Slovenian League, knows what is required at this level. “Last weekend was always going to be a tough because Serbia has so much more experience,” she outlined. “But we caused them a lot of problems with our varied offence. We need to be more consistent, particularly with our serving since we made lots of errors there. I think there are a lot of positive things to be taken from the matches. We got off to a very good start in the second match - we were passing well and had a quick offence, but in the end we made too many serving errors, we need to concentrate on fixing those. It’s disappointing, but there are still a lot of positives for us to take away from the game”.
    The GB girls have shown already this summer that they can trouble teams – they took Slovakia to five sets and Israel to four in the qualifiers for the next CEV European Championships – and home advantage can help them disrupt Bulgaria this weekend.
    Cooper’s team is punching above their weight but is now looking for the knockout punch which would give them the belief to go to the next level.

Click here for a detailed schedule of the 2010 CEV European League

• Spain NT has for this weekend a player, Jesica Rivero, who is... 15 years old! She is the most young player to play in SFV (with 14 y.o.) and this weekend, is she plays, could be the most young to make her debut in NT. 8|

• Why wasnt Neslihan and Naz playing against Spain ? Will they play in this tournament ?

Neslihan,Eda,Seda,Gözde,Naz,Nihan played in China Volley Masters.Alessandro Chiappini wants to make younger players more experienced through European Leagues' matches.Final four is going to be held in Turkey again so i dont think main players of the turkish national team will play in those matches till the final four, except Naz.
    Naz may play in the match against Greece.She appears to be in the list in Greece match

• Why wasnt Neslihan and Naz playing against Spain ? Will they play in this tournament ?

National teams were divided into two groups.We're a young team played with at the European League.We're a head team(Neslihan,Naz,Eda,Seda) played with at the China tournaments.

Women European League marathon continues on June 18 and 19 with the Greece matches. Team Squads and the match program is below.

Senior Women National

Head Coach : Alessandro Chiappini
    Asst. Coach : Mehmet Bedestenlioğlu
    Team Manager: Onur Çarıkçı
    Statistician : Nicola Negro
    Masseuse : Sibel Kahyalıoğlu
    Players: Naz Aydemir, Asuman Karakoyun, Duygu Bal, Neşve Büyükbayram, İpek Soroğlu, Polen Uslupehlivan, Neriman Özsoy, Elif Onur, Meryem Boz, Seray Altay, Gizem Güreşen, S.Merve Dalbeler.

Program:
    18 June at 17:30
    19 June at 18:00

:drink:

• Spain vies for first home victory in double-header against Israel

Madrid, Spain, June 16, 2010. Spain and Israel face each other in Ayamonte for the second week of play in the 2010 CEV Women’s European League. This city located on the Atlantic coast of southwest Spain is the venue where the Israelis and the Spaniards will fight for the supremacy in Pool B, in two exciting matches to be played on Friday (20:00 h.) and Saturday (18:00 h).
    Israel arrives in Ayamonte after the successful first leg of the competition, in which the team trained by legendary Arie Selinger claimed a couple of important victories against Greece that left the Israelis on top of the standings in Pool B. The Israelis showed great confidence in their possibilities and a strong performance crashing the Greek squad by 3:1 and 3:0. The performances of Tatiana Artmenko and Anna Velikiy, together with the knowledge of veteran head coach Arie Selinger, served as presentation for the candidacy of Israel to qualify for the Final Four. The visiting team will try to maintain its good momentum against Spain.
    The Spaniards repeat playing on home ground after the last weekend in Salamanca. However, the team trained by Gido Vermeulen expects a different outcome, since the Spaniards lost both matches against Turkey last weekend. The local squad presented a fair performance, but failed to beat a more experienced Turkish squad, that was able to impose its level in the key moments of the matches. Both games were resolved in the tie-break and both finished with the victory of the visiting team.
    Dutch-born head coach Gido Vermeulen will keep the same mixture of young and veteran players, in order to turn Spain “into a new power in European Volleyball”. “We want to continue our growth and we will keep giving playing time to young players”, said the Dutch head coach.

Click here for a detailed schedule of the 2010 CEV European League

• Serbia to test out Romania in second week of competition

Smederevo, Serbia, June 16, 2010. The Serbian girls will host this coming weekend two matches against Romania for their campaign in the 2010 CEV European League. The game will be played in the city of Smederevo and some special flavour is resulting from the clash of two Serbian coaches. Mr. Darko Zakoc will indeed sit on the Romanian bench and guide the team that lost both matches at home last weekend against Bulgaria.
    “This is a completely different story from the one we had in the previous years, and the matches we played before. The Romanians are a very serious team and they showed that in the qualifiers for the 2011 CEV European Championship, when they relatively easily managed to qualify for the final round. They will be a difficult rival, but I think the quality is on our side. We want two victories in Smederevo, and I believe we will accomplish our mission” pointed out Serbian coach Zoran Terzic.
    The last match starring Serbia and Romania was played last year as part of the qualification tournament for the 2010 FIVB Women’s World Championships organized in Subotica. There Serbia prevailed with a 3:1 (25-17, 26-28, 25-15, 25-15).

• CEV's decision:Turkey wont play 2 matches in European League with Israel because of political problems.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• 2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Source? Solution?

Response was expected from the European Volleyball Confederation ..

Volleyball Federation of Turkey in three weeks since the European Cup in the same group of Turkish and Israeli Women's National Team A in the direction of these events continue to be exempt from the initiative has resulted in today afternoon.

European Volleyball Confederation, that both countries vulnerable to public opinion into consideration alınalarak 2010 European Cup Women A Turkey - Israel (26-27 June) and Israel - Turkey (2-3 July) decided not to play their matches.

Detailed explanation will be made later.

Reports, Best regards.

• In my opinion, these matches btw Turkey-İsrael will be played later.I dont think those matches will be cancelled.
    Otherwise this would be unfair for Spain and Greece.

As Turkey is clasified to F4 as organizer, maybe CEV should make clasification only counting matches between Spain, Greece and Israel, and the best of three will be on F4. Other way, should be very unfair!