World Grand Prix 2011

• Brazil-Italy 2-2

It looked like Tandara would have saved Brazil.. but Dani Lins gave the set to Italy when she served out at 23-23.Brazil lost because of their own errors.
    By the way, Rondon is setting horrible again.. nobody from Italy can put the ball down.

lailane.. agree with you.. Fabiola should have entered for the last points of second set.

• Leonardi plays extremely well...her look reminds me of Cacciatori :D
    About Rondon, she might not be the greatest setter of the world but I think today (as far as I watched) her performance is OK, it's not her fault that Costagrande can't kill any ball...

• Leonardi plays extremely well...her look reminds me of Cacciatori :D
    About Rondon, she might not be the greatest setter of the world but I think today (as far as I watched) her performance is OK, it's not her fault that Costagrande can't kill any ball...

Yes, her performance is ok this time, but I was talking about the end of set 2 when Anzanello ,Ortolani and Del Core couldn't kill the ball because of the bad placement or bad quality of sets.Hopefully, Del Core could make a point and so Italy won the 2nd set..

• I think this match is being a good test for the italian girls.

The team is clearly not complete, and clearly not worry to be champions of Grand Prix, so its a good oportunity to give experience to some players like Rondon, Leonardi, Arrighetti,...and to put Costagrande in the team, also Anzanello. So Its a good experience for them.

Brasl is with complete team, and a team that plays together for so long, so obviously has the advantage. But Im liking the Italian girls game, thought they are loosing.

• ok.. brazil won.

but great defense from italy. digs coming from everywhere! :flower:
    had they been able to kill balls (costagrande, ortalani where are you?) i think the chance of them bringing the game into 5 sets is really high.

about brazil:
    dani lins - :set: :down:
    sheilla - what happened to you?
    mari, paula - so so
    only tandara and thaisa did well. they could've won the 2nd set had dani lins didn't give the game to italy...

• What a boring environment to play in Kazakhstan! Sorry can't help! :aww:

Anyway, Rondon is a terrible setter. I have never seen such bad setting from an Italian Team. Costagrande, Del Core, Anzanello and even Ortolani can't put the ball down.

Mari's reception is still suspect. But despite that, Brazil still has the best set of OHs and Opps (Yes, even better than Russia's Gamova-Sokolova-Kosheleva or USA's Tom-Larson-Hooker).

I also think Brazil also has the best MB combo in the world.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Finally,brazillan won!!!
    Thanks to good service,and good defense in 3rd and 4th set.
    But recently,brasil has lost thier play style in 2008.They've lost thier speedy,combination,good counter attack.
    And Mari lost her attack power she's had before.Plus,her bad reception that would change the rythm of the game.

I think that brasil still have an unstability from OH and setter.

• Finally,brazillan won!!!
    Thanks to good service,and good defense in 3rd and 4th set.
    But recently,brasil has lost thier play style in 2008.They've lost thier speedy,combination,good counter attack.
    And Mari lost her attack power she's had before.Plus,her bad reception that would change the rythm of the game.

I think that brasil still have an unstability from OH and setter.

i totally agree... they lost a lot since 2008. reasons:

1) unreliable setter(s)
    2) terrible reception (though i think this applies to ALL teams, especially china)
    3) up and downs of each player.

i rarely see brazil do their combination plays anymore. :mad:

• My conclusions:
    1.Brazil is not so unbeatable as it used to be.Italy played at the same level without Piccinini, Lo Bianco, Gioli and Cardullo/Merlo.
    2.I really missed Jaqueline.She is like Del Core for Italy - an all around player who offers stability to her team.
    3.Italy's defence is wonderful.They have that kind of fighting spirit you obtain while playing in the Italian League.

• Dani Lins is a setter to play qualification matches. She's just ok if there is no pressure. How often she breaks down! Being such a mediocre setter she gets herself lost in semi-finals, finals or against strong teams. Brazil's doomed with her. I just wish José Roberto stop being so stubborn and eventually invite Fernandinha to join the team next championships or put Fabíola on court more times.

• Agree! Brasil has the best Opps and OHs.. As well as Thaisa-Fabiana.. Also if they could add Priscila Daroit, Sheila-Tandara-Priscila killer combo

• I agree. This is basically what i said in my previous posts. Why have always such a hype of who´s gonna be in the roster, when in the end it always comes down to the same players no matter how they play?
    These players, who have a guaranteed spot are like a circle in which noone can break in. Or hardly break in. Ya know, it´s like, they are the inner circle, the elite players and the rest of the team is just there to have a complete roster. It also seems to me, that these "elite players" kinda show their suspicion towards those who are not in the starting six.

As far as Guidetti is concerned, well, in my personal opinion, the coach of a national team should never be coach of a club team. But that´s just my opinion.
    As long as there are certain players in the team, who have their influences on Guidetti, nothing´s gonna change.

From what I read I think that circle will be broken when the coach is fired.

• i totally agree... they lost a lot since 2008. reasons:

1) unreliable setter(s)
    2) terrible reception (though i think this applies to ALL teams, especially china)
    3) up and downs of each player.

i rarely see brazil do their combination plays anymore. :mad:

I still hope they can keep improving.Because I want to watch thier beautiful volleyball they've showed in the past. ;)

• Agree! Brasil has the best Opps and OHs.. As well as Thaisa-Fabiana.. Also if they could add Priscila Daroit, Sheila-Tandara-Priscila killer combo

yup. they have the best MB (fabiana and thaisa, better than akinradewo in case somebody mentions her), OH and OP (priscila, tandara, sheilla, mari, paula, jacqueline - mari and paula lost much of their power though) but the problem is that they have relied on uber-setters far too long. they used to have fofao and fernanda. now, once their reception and digs fail (which is a lot of times actually) their play fails. i wish guimaraes would focus more on fabiola though. she may never become the best setter in the world and most often than not she relies on her OH and OP, but she's a much more aggressive and stable setter than dani lins. if her problem is combination plays, guimaraes should focus that on her more.

• From what I read I think that circle will be broken when the coach is fired.

Yes maybe, but who says that with another coach things would be better? What if Guidetti is fired and the new coach wouldn't get along with some players? What shall we do then, say sorry to Guidetti and ask him to come back?