The 2011 CEV Champions League

• I just think that there is more than huge amount of money for making a choice. Ok, if players are at the end of their career, money might be the most important. But world-class players in their mid-end twenties or around thirty years old, having many opportunities, will not choose just for the most money. At least I can't imagine.

well you are wrong, first you are wrong because Baku is city that has nice spots, of course that it has ugly but find me one city that has only nice spots. Second, most players will come in Azerbaijan if they get good money and opportunity to compete in strong competitions like CL.

• Come on, don't feel offended immediately like a child !!!. My message may seem to sound rude in your opinion, but it's not meant like that at all. I think it's just the truth. Money is important, but also the league, club, city, country.

TOTALLY agree with you. It is still like a big challenge going to Azerbaizan for lots of players...but as someone above said, things can change.
    Logan Tom for instance, she played in Italy,Spain,Brazil,Japan even now She's playing in China. It seems like She's addicted to travel around the world. so, IMO She could possibly play in Azerbaizan or even in Finland or somewhere people never expect...

• gamova left fenerbahce because she said she wants speak russian and a lot of people speaks russian in azerbaijan if they give her enough money i think she will play for baku
    neslihan said an interwiew that she would like to play in azerbaijan because we have(turkey) very similar culture with azerbaijan
    i think kozuch prefer to play in baku rather than this years odintsovo team cause it obviously is a lost season for her.
    i dont know about flier or sheilla but i can say money talks :D

• gamova left fenerbahce because she said she wants speak russian and a lot of people speaks russian in azerbaijan if they give her enough money i think she will play for baku:D

:lol: Yes that is true that she said she wants to speak Russian after the matches but it doesn't mean that she can play in Azerbaijan because a lot of people speak Russian in Azerbaijan.That means she misses her home country and her family :D :lol: :lol: :lol: So the problem wasn't language while she was playing in Turkey :lol:

• :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: if she misses her family why she go to kazan instead of moscow she can bring her family in turkey ithink that will be more easy :D:D:D:D

• Everyone can come everywhere....
    Baku has so many advantages!!! If Sano, Haneef,Lehtonen,Mammadova,Zhukova,Metcalf etc come,then why the others would not come? It is absurd! Even most of them prefer to come here....
    Azerbaijan is an International Republic- We speak Azeri,Russian,Turkish,English... You may feel free walking in the streets even at 3-4 oclock at night and no one will sotp you and tell anything... No danger,no religion problems...Everyone has the same rights!!! People are very hospitable,has respect to the older ones,ladies..... There are so many advantages in any meaning of this word!!!

• And about "High level" players:

I am writing you 4 results of any player in this season of Champions league... Opponents are the same level... Let`s compare and explain me please what a player needs to have a name of " High level"....?????? Good name? Or super Manager?

1. Kasia Skowronska

Fener-Bergamo ---------- 12 points and 38 %
    Dinamo-Fener ------------- 6 points and 21%
    Fener-Dinamo ------------- 15 points and 39 %
    Bergamo -Fener ----------- 9 points and 33 %

2. Malgorzata Glinka

Crvena Zvezda -Vakif --------- 23 ponits and 33%
    Vakif - Fakro --------------------16 points and 36 %
    Vakif - Zarechie ---------------- 17 points and 47 %
    Fakro -Vakif --------------------- 19 points and 41 %

3. Sanja Starovic:

Rabita-Scavolini -------------- 18 points and 47 %
    Aluprof - Rabita ---------------- 19 points and 38 %
    Scavolini - Rabita --------------- 21 points and 42 %
    Rabita- Aluprof ----------------- 14 points and 46%

4. Manon Flier

Rabita - Scavo -------------------- 24 points and 41 %
    Scavolini -Aluprof --------------- 25 points and 40 %
    Scavolini- Rabita --------------- 20 points and 38 %
    Aluprof- Scavolini ------------ 24 points and 45 %

If I wrote Aguero`s, Kaczor`s,Centoni`s (Neslihan`s rivals were easier and that`s why I did not write )and other diogonal`s statistics then its just terrible!!! I just dont understand why we praise the players just because she plays in her NT and has a big name!!! Compare how much earns Skowronska,Flier, Glinka and Starovic!!! I am AGAINSt such type of talking!!! These are result,rivals are the same!!!

And watch these videos again,please!!!

• I would not say that Starovic is really high level player, but she is not that bad. However still one of the weakest points in Rabita. I would say that bigger problem for the team is miserable K. Glass and libero, cause reception is the weakest point of Rabita. It is kind of sad when OHs are better in attack than Spiker, but Muszyna has the same problem for last two seasons. However they usually can receive (like Jagielo or normally D. Stam). And as I can agree that Starovic is not a top level, I would NEVER agree that highest level players will not play in Baku. Especially Darnel would be achievable. But if de Carne can play in Finland... And Kozuch is not the highest level in my opinion. I am pretty sure she will play even faster in Baku than anyone you said. Gamova will play in Russia till the end of career and Sheila didn't want to play in Europe at all, so mentioning about them is not fair. Flier tends to play in Italy, but it can change, however I think that Turkey would be her next choice. And if such players as T.H. Park, K. Weiss, N. Metcalf, J. Tamas and the very top Yuko Sano can play in Baku, why not Darnel, Sheila, Flier or even faster D. Hooker?

well, I don't think Kathleen Weiss is a high-level player.

• If you don`t think,it does not mean that it is so!!! Weiss is one of the best setters of the World!!! Not every country has such a great setter!!!

excuse me? well, am I forbidden to say my opinion here? I never said my opinion is ALWAYS right. Don't feel so offended. I'm not offending anyone :what:

• excuse me? well, am I forbidden to say my opinion here? I never said my opinion is ALWAYS right. Don't feel so offended. I'm not offending anyone :what:

Let`s respect the players... We are off court and talking anything we want..But they try to improve all their career long and I think it is not correct to criticize the players. If I don`t like I prefer to keep my opinion in my self- not to hurt someone... So ,let`s be more respectful about players,and not only about players...

• Let`s respect the players... We are off court and talking anything we want..But they try to improve all their career long and I think it is not correct to criticize the players. If I don`t like I prefer to keep my opinion in my self- not to hurt someone... So ,let`s be more respectful about players,and not only about players...

well, certainly. I think I always try my best to respect everyone's opinions even though the opinion is not the same as mine.
    on the other hand, Kathleen Weiss is a pretty good setter, but a bit far from being named such a high level player, IMO. what I'm trying to say now is I NEVER meant to hurt neither criticize her AT ALL. hope you get what I mean, Shabovta. ^^

• well, certainly. I think I always try my best to respect everyone's opinions even though the opinion is not the same as mine.
    on the other hand, Kathleen Weiss is a pretty good setter, but a bit far from being named such a high level player, IMO. what I'm trying to say now is I NEVER meant to hurt neither criticize her AT ALL. hope you get what I mean, Shabovta. ^^

It can get long story,but I dont have interest to argue with anyone,I like totalk with facts... Fact are the best arguments!!!

• It can get long story,but I dont have interest to argue with anyone,I like totalk with facts... Fact are the best arguments!!!

Alright then. you told me Let's respect the players, and now you're saying Facts are the best arguments... well, I'm done here. :thumbsup:

• there is no need to talk further with you Ilgar, Weiss is high level setter and one of best in world for you, there my conversation stops with you, reason is simple we are seeing volleyball world from different perspective.

Just small thing, high level cannot be measured by statistics, or how much player earns or in which team she is playing. You mentioned Flier, Glinka, Skowronska and Starovic, in my opinion only Glinka is high level player there, but lets not forget that Glinka just start to play after 2 years inactivity.

And yes there are results to show us level of player and Starovic is without result, she didn't won anything in her carrier playing volleyball.

• there is no need to talk further with you Ilgar, Weiss is high level setter and one of best in world for you, there my conversation stops with you, reason is simple we are seeing volleyball world from different perspective.

Just small thing, high level cannot be measured by statistics, or how much player earns or in which team she is playing. You mentioned Flier, Glinka, Skowronska and Starovic, in my opinion only Glinka is high level player there, but lets not forget that Glinka just start to play after 2 years inactivity.

And yes there are results to show us level of player and Starovic is without result, she didn't won anything in her carrier playing volleyball.

Vaio- friend,the difference is-Sanja did not choose the teams where she could play in the best tournaments...
    She does not play for her National team,that`s why she is not so much known all over the world. But we also know the coach of Serbian National team... Do yuo think Brakocevic or Malagurski are better than her? Sanja used to play in her National team before 2006.
    Sanja played in Minetti Vicenza in Italy but that team also was not pretending to the medals,like Turkish Gaziantep... But look she is playing in Rabita and is close to win the third Azeri Championship,CEV Cup bronze and is very close to the Final Four of the Champions league?...Last year she alone-yes ALONE eleminated Eczacibashi!!! Doesn`t that mean if you choose good teams you can shine as a Star,otherwise playing in not high level teams you will reamin in the sahdow... Even being the best of that team...
    And if you say Flier,Kozuch are not high level-then I think we have really different views on volleyball...

• of course we have different view on volleyball, I told you that when you said that Sanja is high level player and Yes, Brakocevic is better player than Starovic, Malagurski is on good way to be much better player than Starovic.
    If Starovic didn't chose teams where she will play who did???
    This is like kids when they argue who's father is stronger, you stay with your mind that Starovic is superstar and high level player I stay with mine that she is not and while she is playing in first 6 in Rabita they will not be capable to reach they max. and that is even to win Champions league this year.

I wish every player has such a great shape like Glinka after 2 years inactivity !

• I don't think the stats shows how a player is..I think in the names you wrote here Glinka is the best..She knows how to play in difficult moments and she always a leader in her team and I think these things determine the best.She plays amazingly in Vakıfbank after 2 years break and Vakıfbank doesn't pay her a lot like Fenerbahce to Skowronska.Vakıfbank has a bigger budget last year but we didn't manage to make it to F4 but this year we are very near to F4.