World Basketball

• In that situation I'm happy that She didn't choose Fenerbahce but Galatasaray. :D
    Galatasaray will be very strong because of Taurasi and MVP 2011.
    Who will play in the Team in new season?
    So has Galatasaray given Her more money than Fenerbahce or not? How many money did She cost Galatasaray?

• Helena Sverrisdóttir of Iceland has graced the European basketball stage before, representing her country most recently in EuroBasket Women Division B games two summers ago.

The 23-year-old point guard is planning on making a huge splash next season in the EuroLeague Women with Good Angels Kosice.

Sverrisdóttir, who has just wrapped up an outstanding college career in America at Texas Christian University, has agreed terms on a move to Kosice.

"When they offered me (a contract), I was really excited because it's one of the top clubs in Europe," she said on the TCU website.

"They also play in the EuroLeague Women and it has been my dream for a long time to play in the best league in Europe.

"I'm very excited to start this next chapter in my life, even though it is going to be very hard to leave TCU and all of the people that I've gotten to know during the last four years."

TCU are going to miss the Icelandic basketball star.

"Helena has had an excellent career here at TCU and has been one of the top players in the history of our program," said head coach Jeff Mittie.

"She has now accomplished her goal of signing to play professional basketball with a top-flight organization.

"She will play against some of the top competition in the world and I believe will have an excellent pro career."

If her performances with Iceland are anything to go by, Kosice have signed quite a player.

Sverrisdóttir averaged 19.7 points, 7.7 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game for her country in the Division B games two summers ago.

She had played for Iceland as far back as 2002 when they took part in the European Promotion Cup for Cadettes.

Sverrisdóttir had a terrific career at TCU.

She became the first player in the school's history to amass 1,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists and is leaving TCU as the program's all-time leader in assists and games started.

Sverrisdóttir was a three-time first team all-conference performer and only the third player in TCU history to earn All-America honors when she received honorable-mention notice from the WBCA and Associated Press after her junior year.

• Ros Casares have thrown down the gauntlet to the rest of Europe by signing a star-studded group of players that makes them the team to beat next season in every competition they take part in.

EuroLeague Women champions Silvia Dominguez and Sancho Lyttle of Halcon Avenida have joined Ros along with USA international Maya Moore, Australia superstar Lauren Jackson, Belgian center Ann Wauters and Hungary captain Katalin Honti.

The Valencia club have also brought in the Liga Femenina MVP Eshaya Murphy, with Czech international Jana Vesela, Ros captain Laia Palau and Portuguese power forward/center Sonia Reis also staying with the team.

"This could be our best-ever team in club history," said Ros Casares president German Ros.

"We will see. We have done it with this idea but that's not to say that in the past, we haven't had great teams and we have to respect them.

"But this is a very, very good team."

Ros, who finished fourth in the EuroLeague Women, and runners-up in the Liga Femenina, Copa de la Reina and Supercopa Women this season, will make one final signing.

"For respect of the team where this player is currently on the books, we will not mention her name," Ros said.

"In the last five seasons, we have achieved 12 consecutive titles and reached three Final Fours.

"Now we must believe that we can go to the Final Four and win it."

• In that situation I'm happy that She didn't choose Fenerbahce but Galatasaray. :D
    Galatasaray will be very strong because of Taurasi and MVP 2011.
    Who will play in the Team in new season?
    So has Galatasaray given Her more money than Fenerbahce or not? How many money did She cost Galatasaray?

Diana Taurasi (1982,Number 1 in women basketball) :super:
    Slyvia Fowles (1985,The best player in the world in position 5) :obey:
    Tina Charles (1988,She is very talented, US NT member, she was the 2nd best scorer in Euroleague this season with 19.0ppg and 2nd best rebounder with 12.3. So she is like second Sylvia :D ) :cheesy:
    Alba Torrens(1989,MVP of the last Euroleague Final Four, she was selected the best young player in Europe, she played in Olympics when she was 19 years old.) :cup:

GSMP's one of administrator said in an interview after Diana's transfer news that GSMP would get one player for position 1-2 from Europe on the level of the other foreigns.It could be Epifaniya Prints from Spartak Moscow.She was the best scorer in Spartak this season.

These are Galatasaray's foreign players.We have Turkey NT players,too..Işıl Alben, Bahar Çağlar, Gülşah Gümüşay and Şaziye İvegin(not offical but %99). There are also rumors that Galatasaray is interested in some of Fenerbahçe's Turkish players Nevriye Yılmaz and Esmeral Tuncluer.

• Diana Taurasi is back in Istanbul for the 2011-12 Euroleague Women season - only it won't be with Fenerbahce.

In one of the most exciting and stunning acquisitions in the history of the competition, Diana Taurasi will swap the shirt of Fenerbahce and play for Galatasaray next season as they get one over on their fierce rivals in spectacular style.

Widely acknowledged as the best player in the world, Taurasi and EuroLeague Women titles go hand in hand and having also signed one of European basketball's hottest properties in the form of Spanish sensation Alba Torrens, Galatasaray have made the biggest statement possible that they are ready to make a major play for the 2012 title.

It had been widely anticipated that Taurasi would be back with Fenerbahce to finish the job she started last season before her premature departure but this amazing saga and indeed dramatic twist merely typifies what is turning into an absolutely epic off season characterised by a rash of high profile moves during the last couple of weeks.

However, signings don't get any bigger than Taurasi moving to a new team and with the added dimension of now trying to cross the intense divide between the two great rival clubs in Istanbul, there is bound to be fireworks and even more tension than usual when the teams match-up next season.

The deal is also rumoured to be the most lucrative in the history of Women's Basketball.

• UMMC Ekaterinburg will enter next season with a new coaching staff.

The club has confirmed that Lithuania national team boss Algirdas Paulauskas, who has been holding the reins of Dinamo Kursk, is to lead a UMMC team that won the Russian title and Russian Cup and finished third in the EuroLeague Women.

Gundars Vetra had been the head coach with Dmitry Donskov and Marianne Stanley as his assistants.

Donskov has been appointed as Spartak St Petersburg's new head coach.

• Ros Casares have announced France international center Isabelle Yacoubou-Dehoui as the final player to sign for the Spanish giants for next season.

The Valencia club decided to wait for Yacoubou to play her last game with Beretta-Famila Schio on Wednesday night in the team's league title-clinching win in Italy before going public that she has agreed terms on a move to Ros.

Yacoubou made sure her last game with Schio was a good one because she had nine points and nine rebounds in their 75-59 Game 5 triumph over Cras Basket Taranto.

A member of France's EuroBasket Women 2009 gold-medal winning side, the 1.90m Yacoubou averaged 12.9 points and 6.7 rebounds in 13 EuroLeague Women games this season.

Now coach Nata Hejkova has a roster at her disposal that is going to make jaws drop because on Wednesday, the club announced that USA international Maya Moore, Australia's Lauren Jackson, Belgium's Ann Wauters, Spain's Silvia Dominguez and Sancho Lyttle, Hungary's Katalin Honti and Liga Femenina MVP Eshaya Murphy were moving to the club

Ros still have captain Laia Palau and Czech former Jana Vesela on the books, while Portuguese forward/center Sonia Reis is still carrying out her rehabilitation from knee surgery under the supervision of the club.

A decision about Reis' playing future will be made once her recovery is complete.

Ros Casares president German Ros spoke about the new-look Ros Casares with a lot of optimism on Wednesday.

"This could be our best-ever team in club history," Ros said.

"We will see. We have done it with this idea but that's not to say that in the past, we haven't had great teams and we have to respect them.

"But this is a very, very good team."

• The deal is also rumoured to be the most lucrative in the history of Women's Basketball.

How much did GSMP pay for her??

Kadir, find it out, please ^^

• How much did GSMP pay for her??

Kadir, find it out, please ^^

There is not a news official from GSMP but there is rumor that she will be paid 1.1 million dolars and she will get a villa and maybe sth. like that..But I read in somewhere that she will be paid 1.7 million dolar with everything in it..

• There is not a news official from GSMP but there is rumor that she will be paid 1.1 million dolars and she will get a villa and maybe sth. like that..But I read in somewhere that she will be paid 1.7 million dolar with everything in it..

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

• Rivas Ecopolis will enter the EuroLeague Women next season without the familiar face of Javier Fort walking the sidelines.

The club had an amicable split with their coach this week and have announced that long-time RC Celta Indep boss Miguel Mendez will now lead the team.

Rivas said in a statement: "Rivas Ecopolis announces it has signed coach Miguel Mendez to coach the first team for the 2011-12 campaign."

Mendez, 44, has some big shoes to fill.

Fort led Rivas in a terrific first season in the EuroLeague Women, guiding them to a first-place finish in their Qualifying Round group.

This season, they made it to the play-offs as well but for the second year in a row fell in the Eighth-Finals, this time losing to UMMC Ekaterinburg, 2-0.

However, Fort was in charge of the team when they experienced arguably the finest moment in club history.

Rivas travelled to Valencia earlier this season and beat Halcon Avenida and hosts Ros Casares to win the Copa de la Reina.

The Spanish club said that Fort rejected an offer to coach in Turkey and remain at Rivas, however, the outfit says he has been lured away by another side that will be in the EuroLeague Women.

• Wisla Can-Pack Krakow have signed captain Ewelina Kobryn and sharpshooting forward Nicole Powell to new contracts.

The club has confirmed on their website the two will be with the Polish champions for another season.

Wisla, who are led by Spain's national team coach Jose Ignacio Hernandez, have many of the players that helped them capture the domestic league title coming back, while also bolstering the roster with Belgium international Anke De Mondt and Serbia's Ana Dabović.

Other key players that are still in the squad are point guards Erin Phillips and Paulina Pawlak, Katarzyna Krężel and Belarus center Yelena Leuchanka.

Agnieszka Sniezek, a 19-year-old Polish shooting guard, and Serbian forward Maja Vučurović are also coming back.

Both are players that have a lot of promise with Wisla, and the national teams.

They competed for their countries at the U18 European Championship in 2009.

Wisla reached the Quarter-Finals of the EuroLeague Women before losing two games against eventual champions Halcon Avenida.

• Pierre Vincent has coached his last game at Bourges after deciding he needed a change.

The veteran boss, who is also the coach of the French Women's national team, has yet to reveal what his next club job will be.

He will be missed at Bourges, though, where he has had the club consistently at the top in France and among the leading sides in Europe.

"This was not an easy decision," he said, "but when it's done, it's done.

"I still felt something in the last game, which was the decider for the title.

"That made it even more complicated for me."

Bourges recently defeated Tarbes to clinch the French domestic crown.

Vincent, who has had several offers from both men's and women's teams, says the foundation is in place at Bourges for the team to have success in France and Europe and that has made it a tough decision to go.

"The difficulty is to leave a club where I feel good," he said.

"That is priceless, and maybe the future will show me more. As a bonus, I am leaving a team that will perform. But here, in my career project, there are opportunities. I also have a family and I have choices to make for them. My boys are growing up."

The look at Bourges is going to be very different because Vincent has been there for eight seasons and coached the team in 409 games.

In France's top flight, Vincent's team has been awesome, winning 204 times while suffering just 39 defeats.

In the 33 Coupe de France games he has coached Bourges in, the team has won 30 and in the EuroLeague Women, his record with Bourges is 79-44.

Vincent has steered Bourges to 12 trophies in all, including four French league titles, five Coupe de France triumphs and three wins in Federation tournaments.

"I have many fond memories," he said.

• Source: Eurobasket News

Spartak Moscow Region keep Irina Osipova , Sonja Petrovic , Jelena Milovanovic and Epiphanny Prince for the next season.

The Head Coach Pokey Chatman will remain also in the team.

Marina Kuzina signs with Spartak Moscow Region as it became so far the biggest signing for the Russian team.

• Who is Marina Kuzina? Please Her CV.
    I have heard that Sue may play in Fenerbahce instead of Taurasi but I have heard it only once and now is calm.