Fenerbahce Acibadem 2010-11

• Well I agree with you, because some months ago I just quit my job because I don't live my life for working for big jerks. I think there are ppl just like you who dislikes brazilian national because of their coaches. It just surprised me you didn't like Zé Roberto because I heard a little bit about him but not that much, so I'm sure you know more than us.

Well, yeah, indeed I know somethings that made me not like him. I heard and saw some atitudes during these years that I dont aprove. ;) But I also dont wanna make peoples mind ^^ I think you only make an opinion about something after having some experience with it or when someone you trust tells you something, so would be useless to keep saying bad things about Zé everywhere just cause I dont agree, it is personal opinion, and wouldnt be fair with Zé too, cause just it is something I dont agree, dont make it right or wrong..hehehe So the only thing I can do is support other teams, teams with work I see myself and my ideas of right better ;)

• Fofao arrived in Istanbul 2 days ago .Today health check passed.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Alex De Souza (Fenerbahçe's captain) and Fofao together eaten lunch today :)

Alex said later would come to see Ze Roberto :drink:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Last Cup goes to Fenerbahce Acibadem too :cup:

Fenerbahce Acibadem and Vakifbank Gunes Sigorta Turk Telekom met in the opening day of new Burhan Felek Sports Hall for Super Cup final. FB Acibadem defeats the opponent 3-1 and got the cup.

Intension of the teams were to break opponent’s defense via wide services, VGSTT managed it in the begining to 4-6, nevertheless FB Acibadem knew Serbian spiker Jelena Nikolic was too weak on receiving, used this deficiency during the set, forced Italian born coach Giovanni Guidetti have a time out at 11-8, but this was not a solution until the second technical break 16-9. Seemed like things would be easy for FBA, but yellow dark blue team was making so many simple mistakes, fighting Malgorzata Glinka, VGSTT decreased the gap 19-17, but reception errors did not let them do more, FB Acibadem flied to 25-22.

FB’s Croatian star Natasa Osmokrovic was dominating the game early in second set to 8-6, but two setters set so bad for the wing hitters, even though FBA sailed to 13-8, VGSTT approached 13-12, volleyball quality was getting worse. VGSTT was finally one step ahead in second tech time out 15-16, Guidetti was trying subs players to save his advantage 17-19, although FBA came back with Luibov Sokolova 19-19, alterations of VGSTT worked 21-23, yellow red team got it 22-25.

Fenerbahce storm was blowing in third set, VGSTT could not be protected from this violence while FBA led the game 16-7. set quickly ended 25-12.

VGSTT was really working to produce points on wings, however FBA was defending so good these attacks and converted to productivity via Katarzyna Skowronska, moved to first break 8-4, when made the services stronger, provided 11-6, as a result of nothing changed, Guidetti called another time out 13-6. After passing second tech time out 16-12, back up players of VGS became more confident, even brought 16-14. An enormous struggle was occured from this moment, but Fenerbahce Acibadem was better, put the last stop at 25-17, so that, FB Acibadem won the Super Cup 3-1 at the end.

FB ACIBADEM-VAKIFBANK GSTT: 3-1

Hall: Burhan Felek

Referees: Umit Sokullu, Nurper Ozbar

FB Acibadem: Eda, Naz, Sokolova, Ergul, Skowronska, Osmokrovic, Nihan(L), Cigdem

Vakifbank GSTT: Ozge, Gozde, Bahar, Glinka, Nikolic, Poljak, Gizem(L), Nilay, Seray, Guldeniz, Melis

Sets: 25-22, 22-25, 25-12, 25-17

Time: 97 min. (25-26-22-24)

• FenerbahceAcibadem ISTANBUL claims Turkey's Supercup

Istanbul, Turkey, November 19, 2010. After the opening ceremony of the “Burhan Felek” Volleyball Hall, the playground was immediately tested for the Supercup match starring the girls of FenerbahceAcibadem ISTANBUL – winners of the last national league – and VakifGunesTTelekom, i.e. the team that claimed last year’s Teledunya national cup.

The spectators enjoyed there the opportunity to attend the debut of some international stars that were signed for this season by the above clubs, namely Malgorzata Glinka, Katarzyna Skowronska and Lioubov Shashkova (Sokolova). With both teams likely to open their campaign in the 2011 CEV Champions League in a few days, FenerbahceAcibadem ISTANBUL edged out the opponent in four sets to pocket this year’s first trophy.

• Çiğdem Rasna : “This is the revenge of final for us”

Fenerbahce Acibadem Women’s volleyball team will host last champion Norda Foppapedretti Bergamo in European Champions League Group B match on November 25th, Thursday at 19.30 local time in Burhan Felek Volleyball Hall.

Yellow-dark blue staff and Bergamo faced in Champions League final match in Cannes last year..

Fenerbahce Acibadem team manager Violet Duca said that, "This is a kind of revenge for last year’s final.”

Violet Duca also commented about the game will be played on Thursday, "Struggle against Bergamo is one of the most important matches in this pool. Dinamo Moscow game will also be tough too. Circumstances are alike for both teams. Many players of two teams have just returned from the World Championship at Japan. We played in final against them. This match is meaning a kind of revenge for us. We have a pretentious and tough team this year, so we believe we would beat the opponent. One of the most important reasons is the support of our fans. New hall is huge and capable to place lots of supporters. What we need is a sell out crowd. Match will start at 19.30 due to weekday. That’s why our supporters can easily reach for the game. Our supporters boost us. Player motivation is always increased by supporters. As a result, we may break the game of rival in an ambitious atmosphere. For having the revenge, we need our supporters as much as possible.”

Team captain Cigdem Can Rasna told that: "We will play against Bergamo that met us in Champions League final match last season. What we want is to have a nice start in European arena with a victory at home. None of the teams will be ready for this match because of the World Championship in which many players fought. Who wants to win more will get this match. Support of our fans is very important for us."

• Fenerbahce Acibadem wants to start CEV Champions League with a victory

Istanbul, Turkey, November 24, 2010. Last year’s runner-up FenerbahceAcibadem ISTANBUL organized today a press conference specifically devoted to the 2011 CEV Champions League, some 24 hours before the re-match of this past April final game against Norda Foppapedretti BERGAMO. Coach Zé Roberto and captain Cigdem Can Rasna stated there that they strongly believe in their chances to get revenge from the previous defeat.

The Brazilian mentor said: “It is a real honor to be the coach of FenerbahceAcibadem. Our team is one of the best in the world. Our team is capable of competing and beating any team in the world. Our goal is to reach the final of any competition we join”. He then added: “Our goal for tomorrow is to win. We have a very important match. We can consider BERGAMO a sort of copy of the Italian national team. The players who played in the last World Championship in Japan are all high-level players. We couldn’t have much time to practice after the World Championship. But we have to cope with this difficulty. We want to have a good start tomorrow. We must win this match in order to get to the next round”.
    The captain, Cigdem Can Rasna re-asserted that Fenerbahce is going to have a very important game tomorrow and said: “Our aim is to get to the final like last year. We have prepared well for the game but this is also true for BERGAMO. We want to win at our home and start the Champions League with a victory in the presence of our many fans”.

• They knows that will play against Bergamo team B??

• they know but such conversations to the press is more ethical

• Fenerbahce Acibadem ISTANBUL gets revenge from last year's final

Fenerbahce Acibadem ISTANBUL of Turkey got tonight revenge from last year’s final game against Norda Foppapedretti BERGAMO even though the Italians were sidelined by the absence of their best players who just came back from the World Championship in Japan. The young girls around former junior European champion Marina Zambelli played with all their hearts, staying very close in the score for all three sets, but could not avoid the defeat from a much more experience Turkish squad.

Fenerbahce Acibadem ISTANBUL (TUR) vs. Norda Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA) 3:0 (26-24, 25-23, 25-18)

Fenerbahce Acibadem ISTANBUL got tonight the much wanted revenge from last year’s final game against the Italians of Norda Foppapedretti BERGAMO. A total of 4’000 fans resumed to the “Burhan Felek” sports hall where the Italians played with a very young team (average was 21 years) missing all their main stars who just got back from the World Championship in Japan. This junior team could not cope with the pressure of playing in front of so many Turkish fans and the hosts set the pace at both technical breaks (8:5 and 16:14) in the opening set. BERGAMO fought back for a close final rush but Russian star Sokolova closed the operations at 26-24 for the Turks.
    Last year’s runner up was having some difficulty in reception due to the absence of Croatian spiker Natasa Osmokrovic, but Fenerbahce was nevertheless the dominant force also in the second set. The Italians did not surrender that quickly but after at all Turkey’s champion stamped the final 25-23. Nobody could imagine this kind of resistance from such an inexperienced team; in the third set BERGAMO fell a bit apart and Sokolova together with Erdem paved the way for the final 25-18. Romanian Roxana Iuliana Nucu was the top scorer of the game with 15 points. After the match, Fenerbahce Acibadem’s Brazilian coach Jose Roberto Guimaraes said: “We did not play good today. Our team could not synchronize block and defense properly. Some of the players have just joined the team and we must work harder. The main problem today was the fatigue of our most experienced players”. Team captain Cigdem Can Rasna commented: “They are young but they played pretty good today. We gathered late due to the FIVB World Championship and we need time. Our capacity is huge, but it is still too early to show it”. The new mentor of Norda Foppapedretti BERGAMO Davide Mazzanti declared: “Our experienced national players are so tired because of the World Championship, so they stayed at home. This young team gives us some hope for the future”. Captain and former junior European champion Marina Zambelli concluded: “Actually we were better in attack but Liubov Sokolova played very good today. We feel sorry for this defeat”.

• The revenge will be in the returning match!!! :lol:

• Fenerbahce look to increase trophy haul in Doha

Turkey's Fenerbahce have been earmarked by some teams as one of the main challengers set to compete at the 2010 FIVB Women’s Club World Championship, due to take place in Doha, Qatar from December 15-21, and following a golden 2010 which saw them pick up the Turkish Cup, the Turkish League and the Turkish Super Cup and silver at the CEV Champions League, that presumption is understandble.

After a successful defense of their Turkish Super Cup title against Vakifbank, the side have targeted the Turkish and European Championship, but are also aware they stand a good chance of taking the premier prize for clubs.

Fenerbahce clinched second place at the 2010 CEV Champions League but the Turkish side are aiming for the top at the 2010 FIVB Women's Club World Championship

“We are very excited to take part in FIVB Club World Championship,” Cigdem Can Rasna, Fenerbahce captain said. “We have a very good team which has a potential to become champions at this tournament. We want to do our best. We will be very glad to bring this special cup to our country.”

The side take with them 2010 FIVB Women’s World Championship winner, Russia’s Liubov Shashkova as well as Eda Erdem and Naz Aydemir, who finished sixth with Turkey at the same tournament in Japan earlier this year. They also boast Germany captain Christiane Fürst, who helped take her side to a seventh place finish at the quadrennial tournament. There is also plenty of experience on the sidelines, with Brazil coach Jose Roberto Guimares “Ze Roberto” leading the club.

“Although it will be a tough tournament with really good teams and players, we are going to try to win the cup with good performance,” Ze Roberto said as he looks to guide his team to more success.

FIVB

• pretentious

We have a pretentious and tough team this year,

WTF? they admit they have a 'pretentious' team?! I hope that's a translation error :P It's like saying, our team is pretty arrogant and full of shitheads, that's why we wanted to win. I mean it's pretty honest if that's the case, but I don't think it is.

On another note, how come I never knew Kasia has sucha great jump serve? Better than Baranska (what's her new name? weblinka or something?). Or it was really good at the super cup anyway.

• “Actually we were better in attack but Liubov Sokolova played very good today. We feel sorry for this defeat”.

How ncie of her to show respect a player on the other team even though she lost. Of course it's not just any player she was talking about ;)

• “We are strong enough to win this match”

Fenerbahce Acibadem women’s volleyball team will meet Dinamo Moscow in CEV European Champions League Group B 4th leg match on December 13th, Monday in Burhan Felek Volleyball Hall at 19.30 local time.

Turkish representative faced to Russian giant at Moscow last week and lost the game 3-0. Fenerbahce Acibadem is placed on 2nd rank in group B with 6 points while Russian team is on top having 9 points.

Kamil Soz, assistant trainer of Fenerbahce Acibadem women’s volleyball team explained about this challenge, “We played against a tough team on last Wednesday. We were not able to put everything on the court which was planned before. Our team was not able to show team work, that’s why we still have troubles. Upcoming match is so important for us. If we win this game, we will secure to qualify for the next round. Now we are home and our supporters will fire us. It will be a nice match right before the Club World Championships at Qatar”.

Captain Cigdem Can Rasna commented about the match: "Dinamo is a strong team. We got a heavy defeat which we did not expect. To get the advantage back, we need to win this game. We are strong enough to win this match. With the support of our fans, we would like to clinch the triumph”.

fenerbahce.org