Brazilian League 2010/2011

• Yes, Unilever is in final already, is waitting to see who they will face. Tomorrow is the second game between Volei Futuro and Osasco, the game will happen 10am here 15h CEV, 16h in Turkey ;) will be broadcast by rede globo.

• 2º semifinal match - volei Futuro x Osasco 10h: (15h CET)

link - http://www.vertvonline.org/ (when the site open it, click in Rede G., it is the first avatar)

Sportv also will broadcast the game, some links you can try -

http://www.tvgol.tv/prog_arquivos/canais/sportv_lookstv.html

http://www.tvgol.tv/prog_arqui…nais/sportv_mastertv.html

http://www.tvgol.tv/prog_arqui…is/sportv_esportestv.html

• Volei Futuro is making to many mistakes in service!!!Specially Paula!!!Of 7 services she made she made 6 mistakes!!!!!! :wacko: She should really reconsider making this jump service, is not efective at all!!!!

Osasco is not playing their best game, specially Natalia, but over all is much better team then Volei Futuro! Jaque is playing very well!^^

Volei Futuro 0x2 Osasco

• i think Osasco is not playing super but osasco is playing good

agree Joana Jaque is playing very well ^^

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• VF very bad in reeption and service....and honestly of course the girls are shacked with the accident and everything, and having Stacy could be different, but in hole season VF were not good in that areas, so I think even if the accident had not happened, Osasco would win this semifinal.

Few points to end, I guess we can say already, another time the final between Unilever and Osasco....7th in a road... :S Brasil tries to improve the league, and could make it in the male, but not in the women yet.....we dont have so many good women players as we have men, to improve our women league we need to bring more foreigners in my opinion.

• So the final will be held in BH , the native town for Sheilla , one of the greatest Brazilian female attacker, who never have been a club champion in Brazil. So this woman will do everything to make her dream true 1:0 for Unilever ;) But for the last 2 weeks Unilever had just trainings...and this worries me a little and and good performance of Jaqueline e Thaisa in the last match. 1:1 But in last interview of Mari said that their training were very helpful and now she is on 90% of her best conditions (I hope she didn't forget to train her reception). 2:1 for Unilever!!!!

• So the final will be held in BH , the native town for Sheilla , one of the greatest Brazilian female attacker, who never have been a club champion in Brazil. So this woman will do everything to make her dream true 1:0 for Unilever ;) But for the last 2 weeks Unilever had just trainings...and this worries me a little and and good performance of Jaqueline e Thaisa in the last match. 1:1 But in last interview of Mari said that their training were very helpful and now she is on 90% of her best conditions (I hope she didn't forget to train her reception). 2:1 for Unilever!!!!

I think Sheilla was one of the bench players of MRV Minas when they won Superliga 2001/2002.

• I think Rio de Janeiro are the favourites to win this title, even though I will be rooting for Solly's Osasco. Comparing the two teams, I believe Solly's Osasco is more balanced (in theory) cause they have taller middle-blockers and their service reception is more stable than Unilever's. I also think Carol Albuquerque is a better setter than Dani Lins, but I have to acknowledge that Unilever has a better coach and their tactics has been working a lot better than Osasco's.

Some statistics of the two teams:

Attacks:
    1 - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO 24,81%
    2 - SOLLYS OSASCO 23,21%

Blocks:
    1 - SOLLYS OSASCO 24,57%
    2 - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO 22,71%

Serves:
    1 - SOLLYS OSASCO 5,63%
    5 - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO 4,42%

Digs:
    1 - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO 58,43%
    2 - SOLLYS OSASCO 51,87%

Sets:
    1 - SOLLYS OSASCO 24,59%
    3 - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO 23,08%

Reception:
    1 - SOLLYS OSASCO 61,93%
    6 - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO 38,86%

Best attackers:
    1 - SHEILLA CASTRO - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO - 26,24%
    9 - WELISSA GONZAGA - SOLLYS OSASCO - 21,75%

Best Blockers
    2 - THAÍSA MENEZES - SOLLYS OSASCO - 29,45%
    4 - JUCIELY SILVA - UNILEVER - 27,27%
    6 - ADENIZIA SILVA - SOLLYS OSASCO - 26,17%

Best Servers
    1 - THAÍSA MENEZES - SOLLYS OSASCO - 8,15%
    5 - NATÁLIA PEREIRA - SOLLYS OSASCO - 7,57%

Best diggers
    1 - DANIELLE LINS - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO - 72,31%
    2 - VALESKA MENEZES - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO - 70,45%
    3 - CAMILA BRAIT - SOLLYS OSASCO - 63,64%
    4 - WELISSA GONZAGA - SOLLYS OSASCO - 57,45%
    5 - FABIANA OLIVEIRA - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO - 55,34%
    6 - SHEILLA CASTRO - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO - 52,50%

Best Setters
    1 - DANIELLE LINS - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO - 30,70%
    3 - CAROLINA ALBUQUERQUE - SOLLYS OSASCO - 29,15%

Best Receivers
    1 - CAMILA BRAIT - SOLLYS OSASCO - 66,67%
    2 - JAQUELINE CARVALHO - SOLLYS OSASCO - 60,00%
    3 - WELISSA GONZAGA - SOLLYS OSASCO - 54,00%

Last results:
    UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO 3 X 1 SOLLYS OSASCO (23-25, 25-18, 25-19, 25-15)
    SOLLYS OSASCO 0 X 3 UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO (25-17, 25-19, 25-19)

I believe Sollys Osasco has a chance of winning this match if Jaqueline could play well, in the 1st match against Unilever, she didn't play well and her team was not able to overcome Unilever's block, in the 2nd match, she was injured and again the Osasco team couldn't score points in attacks. In both matches Unilever scored lots of blocking points, if Osasco's attack doesn't improve, Unilever will be the champions on Saturday.

• Yeah, I agree with what you said Celso...

Actually I think will win the team that serves the best....not necessary for aces, but, you know what I mean, the serve that helps the best the tatic stabilish by each coach....of course Osasco reception is much better then Unilever, so I think if you can keep them you have big chance of winning, but I agree some players will be decisive.

I think Jaqueline and Natalia for Osasco and Dani and Sheilla for Unilever, if one of this players do not play well can make a lot of difference in the game. But of course all players are needed.

Anyway, I expect a very close game.....different from the other in the league. And Well, I hope Unilever win this season :whistle: :win:

• I think you are right, Joana. In theory anything can happen in this match, but I am afraid Unilever will give no chance at all to Sollys Osasco, just like they did in the last two matches. I was paying attention to a few statistics like:

- even having an average reception, Unilever's sets are as good as Osasco's and their performance in attack is even better;
    - even having a worse performance in blocking, Unilever has scored more points in blocks in both matches against Osasco;

I believe Osasco's players are as good as Unilever's, but considering teamwork and tactics, I believe Unilever is one step ahead. I only hope both teams could play their best volleyball. If Osasco's team are not the favourites to winning this match, at least I hope they could fight for every ball and play the best volleyball they can