Brazilian League 2010/2011

• A sad new today, I just saw in Tv, Today we were going to have the first match of the second semifinal between Osasco and Vôlei Futuro, but the bus with the Vôlei Futuro players suffer an accident going to the gymm. :( They were really close to it, about 500 meters from the gymm, but when they went to make a curve, the bus hit the side of the curve and fall side down. ITs raining a lot in São Paulo right now, and maybe that is the cause, but no one no for sure what happened yet.

The players and staff were took to the nearest hospital, and apperently eveyrthing is fine with everyone, just some cuts due the glass fo the windows that broke. Specially Sykora, apperently is the one that have a deaper cut in her arm and in her leg, but nothing letal or anything. But of course, all of them are really nervous, and in shock with what has happened.

This are the only news we have so far..so the game, that should start in 30 minutes, will be calceled. And they will mark again another day.

I hope all Vôlei Futuro players stay well. :(

• More news that came now, the sportv could interviewed the coach William, that is already in the gym..and also they talked in the phone with the setter Ana Cristina.

Apperently it was rainning a lot, and the driver when he went to make the curve he didnt saw the small wall that splitted the two sides od the road, so he hit it, and the bus went above it and fall one side.

William said that the worse was that the girls were really nervous. And they are all in hospital well. Their only consern in the beggining is Sykora, cause she passed out when they went to get her she was not awake, but they said she didnt had blood or anything on her, so they dont know if she hit her head, she was the first to go to the hospital, and apperetly is nothing serious.

William also said that Fabiana and Joycinha were crying a lot when they saw Sykora was not awaked.

And now they are wantting for more news from the hospital.

Ana Cristina also said similar things, she sad some girls were injuried, but not serious injuries, buit everyone are really nervous. But said to the families to stay ok, that everyone was fine.

Soon I have more news Ill go putting here.

• UPDATED:

5 girls of Vôlei Futuro are already in the gym, they were in better situation, so the club is sending teh girls that are released to the gym, cause dont help having so many people in the hospital, they are Paula Pequeno, the libero Stephany, the middles Saracuza and Andressa and the OH Vivi.

Paula and Stephany gave interview, they are both that are the best conditions...

Paula said that Sykora is awaked already, but she was sedated by the doctors cause she was really nervous with the accident, she had a cut in her head, so she was really nervous when she saw all the blood, (not cause it was serious,but cause is a sensitive area in that matter, all cuts in forehead and eyebrow have the tendance to bleed more). So she was to nervous, and was sedated, and now the doctors are making exams just for precaution, but they believe there is nothing serious.

She also said the other girls are felling some pains due the bruses and cause of the shock of the accident, and now they are going to make x ray just to be sure also.

But over all everyone is fine, they are making all this more for security and cause is a padrom in the hospitals.

Stephany tried to tell what happened, and it was exacly what I said before, it was rainning a lot, and the way they had to make the driver had to make a curve, in a place that the road split, or you make a curve or you keep strait that takes to a high-level road, and there is a higher curb that split this two roads, and the driver first hit it by front, so they felt the first impact there, and then slowly the bus turned for the right side, so she said at the time the girls were really nervous, and she was jsut trying to keep them calm, cause they fall in the right windon, and Stephany was afraid the window would break, and would have more injuries.

All said the nervous were the worse part, but that they are all physicly ok. So I guess at least in that matter is good new. ^^

We hope now they can be ok soon, and focous again in semifinal.

This is the second year in a round that some "accident" have to postpone the semifinal game, last year, due a major flood in Rio, Unilever girls had to stay the hole night inside the gymm traped, so the game was also delayed cause of that, and now this accident. DEfinelty the mental part is the worse, but I hope they can be ok mentaly so we can have high level volleyball. ^^

• joanamss, thank you for the updates. I hope everyone will recover ok. Please let us know if there are further updates on Sykora.

The last new of her were given 22:15 here, 45 minutes ago, the hospital Sírio Libanês confirmed that she was there, and she was being watched by the doctors.

Sírio-Libanês is one of the best hospitals in Brasil, and Im sure all doctors there speak english, so I guess that helps them to communicate with Sykora in this time that she is in shock, so they can see better her conditions and treat her the best way.

I believe she will probably sleep there today, so she can rest, but I guess tomorrow she will recieve the release already.

About the other girls, the last new came from the secretary of Osasco, and they said all are ok, and most of them had already recieved release from the hospital. In total there were 16 people inside the bus, 15 girls and one guy. The guy is still in the hospital under observation, he had a fracture in his sholder and the doctors are still deciding if they make a surgery now, or wait for the future.

• Video of hte bus accident from a security camera - http://sportv.globo.com/videos…turo/1483512/#/V%C3%B4lei

Some players comments leaving the hospital - http://sportv.globo.com/videos/v/fabiana-do-volei-futuro-diz-que-na-hora-do-acidente-rezava-para-nao-se-afogar/1483492/#/Vôlei/page/1

Video of Stacy being transfered to the Sirio Libanês hospital - http://sportv.globo.com/videos/v/gerente-do-volei-futuro-diz-que-stacy-foi-transferida-para-sirio-libanes-por-precaucao/1483457/#/Vôlei/page/1

UPDATE:
    Ana Cristina said that Stacy talked to all the girls before being transfered to the other hospital and that she is fine, she went there to make a tomography for precaution. The doctors in Sirio Libanês told that was detected only the cut in the head and an edema caused by the trauma, but nothing serious, she will stay there over observation for 24 h.

The other girls went to the Hotel where Volei Futuro is concentrated.

The bus from Osasco was just behind Volei Futuro one before the accident, when everything happened, William (VF coach) called Luizomar (Osasco coach) to tell about the accident, and asked him to call the gymm and CBV, and Luizomar called everyone in the gym to talked about it, and to prepare the enfermary in any case, and also called the emergency for help. Osasco girls were also very concerned with VF players.

• Sad to hear about the accident :( I wish all the girls a speedy recovery, especially Stacy Sykora!! :win:

Thank you, Joana, for all the updates/videos :flower: :flower:

• poor girls, hope that everything will be ok :)

• Lastest news:

Dont have much news this morning, just that Stacy keepsin hospital over observation, everyone in Volei Futuro says she is fine, it is just for a hospital routine, cause since she hit her head, they asked her to stay there under oberservation. No medical report were released thought. The Hospital said they are waitting some family of her to enter contact to release or not it. And Volei Futuro said they will wait the hospital to release it to give further information. But for everyone is telling, is nothing serious.

The cinegrafist of VoleiFuturo, that broke his arm, also stays in hospital and will make a surgery this wednesday.

CBV will have a meeting today to decide when will be the match now, but the problem is that most girls of Volei Futuro needs at least one week to recover, but that measn one week without training..:s

William said in an interview he consider to play the semifinal with some bench players...cause well FAbiana for exemple, needs 6 days only to remove the stitches in her arm, Joycinha have a lot of pains in her neck, and Sykora, well, have no conditions to play this semifinal with the cut in ehr head. :S

WEll, lets see what CBv will decide, for when this game will be and what will happen.

• I am very sorry for the accident! :( I got scared but I'm glad that it isn't very serious. I hope that everyone will recover as soon as possible!

Joanamss thank you veeery much for all news!

• so sorry, hope they will be ok :(

• Updated - unfortunetly I dont have good news..:(

Apperently Sykora situation is not good. :(

She is still in hospital, the lastest news confirmed that the situation is more serious then the previous tell yesterday,] :( Sykora will have to stay at least 15 days in hospital, being 7 of this in Intensive Care Unit (ICU), where she is right now.

The doctors said she presented a head trauma with some small bleedings in her left side of the brain. The state is serious, but she is stable.

The doctor of the team that is treating her explained that Stacy is sedated in treatment. They said they will now wait the edema from the hemotoma to get smaller, and wait for the brain to absorb the blood that came from the internal bleedings. A catheter was placed in her brain to monitorize the pression, so far no change in pressure was detected, but they will keep the catheter for the next 2-3 days.

After she be release from hospital, in something like 15 days, the player will have to pass by rehabilitation process, so she wont play this season anymore.

The hospital still didnt release the complete medical report, cause they are waitting one of Sykora sisters, that live in US, and that is coming to Brasil, to arrive.