World League 2011

• It would be a funny if Poland get promotion because it is a World League and Poland play rather on level of European League. 2 embarasssing games someone will say they won with Bulgaria but Bulgaria played even worse. Every time I see Aleksiev he has nothing no attack no reception no service and he has to be replaced every set. Bulgarian fans will miss Konstantinow for long time

BTW, Italy seems to be the most cosmopolitic volleyball NT team in
    Europe: Łasko, Baranowicz, Zaytsev, Travica. Their fathers played for
    different countries than they do :whistling:

I would add Zlatanow which father also played for Bulgaria

• Nothing to say. It was awful match on polish side. Italy broke us - their service was fantastic, and setter was good, also.
    Our negatives: service, block, attack of MBs was like disaster - Czarnowski was on this match, he sat with Bartman, Anastasi could ask him to play, beacuse Patryk has big power of attack, not like Mozdzonek or Nowakowski. Jarosz? He wasn't bad, just Kurek played on high-level, everybody knew that he will be a leader of this match(Zygadlo was very scary to play with Kuba).

'Whiz' on stands was like picture of this match - maybe polish supports are the best in the world, but our patience is not for ever.

• Czarnowski was on this match, he sat with Bartman, Anastasi could ask him to play

'Whiz' on stands was like picture of this match - maybe polish supports are the best in the world, but our patience is not for ever.

Czarnowski is not on the roster, so Anastasi could not call for him. Nobody would let him play. After all, Czarnowski's shape is also so-so after the injury.

Polish fans are good. But only when Poles play well, if they don't - the crowd just don't know what to do. They just sit in silence and don't support the players too much. I mean volleyball only.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• And we don't deserved to play in F8, it's true. Every team play much better than us(maybe not Bulgaria), polish team played better in Chicago or Brazil, in intercontinental round.

• I would add Zlatanow which father also played for Bulgaria

He wasn't in the squad yesterday, so I didn't mention him. But of course I remember him well. As most of the Bulgarian fans here ;)

The most important 3:

• Czarnowski is not on the roster, so Anastasi could not call for him. Nobody would let him play. After all, Czarnowski's shape is also so-so after the injury.

Polish fans are good. But only when Poles play well, if they don't - the crowd just don't know what to do. They just sit in silence and don't support the players too much. I mean volleyball only.

Yeah, with Patryk I'm just joking ;-) But I hope, that he will be in NT. Not, beacuse he's my favourite player, but he's different than Nowakowski and Mozdzonek. Anastasi will teach him how to serve, and he will be good :-)

About polish fans - you are right. Maybe they are quiet, beacuse they don't know for wich team they have to support ;) But when Magiera ordering fans to sing "W gore serca" - oh my gosh, it's boring! Or "Wszyscy razem jak naglosniej" ;) Somebody must tell him, that he's boring.

• But when Magiera ordering fans to sing "W gore serca" - oh my gosh, it's boring! Or "Wszyscy razem jak naglosniej" ;) Somebody must tell him, that he's boring.

I can't stand Magiera, not only in the hall, but especially when he uses to comment some matches - he has completely no idea how to pronunce players names correctly :thumbdown:

The most important 3:

• I can't stand Magiera, not only in the hall, but especially when he uses to comment some matches - he has completely no idea how to pronunce players names correctly :thumbdown:

Yeah, but his words "Koncz Gasparini" are like history :)

• Please don't cry - who is playing in Polish team ?
    Young players and
    ... honestly I don't like Bartman (I know he's not able to play anymore) - he's very good when playing against weak teams but against strongest teams ???
    (he made so many simply mistakes in end of many important sets)
    ... Jarosz is ok but he didn't play very often therefore we need person like Wlazły
    ... Zygadlo is ok but Zagumny is still better
    ... Gruszka should be back in main squad (from mental point of view)
    ... middle blockers are not bad , Ignaczak is fine
    We have to see present roster and ask - have they played the best volleyball ?
    I should say no but WL is only WL. European Championships will tell us the answer - where is Polish team ?
    Regarding Argentina - I expect today good game and especially fighting spirit from both sides ! The result is secondary objective.
    I'm looking forward ... ECH or even World Cup.

• Yeah, but his words "Koncz Gasparini" are like history :)

:D
    But my personal number one is "NAGI" about Hungarian player "Nagy" :rolll:

The most important 3:

• Please don't cry - who is playing in Polish team ?

I agree with you, but...
    the same team was able to play much , much better against USA, Brazil and Puerto Rico, then they did yesterday against Italy. Maybe if Bartman has been fit, our play against Italians would have looked better. Although I'm not that sure...

The most important 3:

• The problem is as I said polish fans are mostly fans of succes not volleyball. I do not want to insult true fans of volleyball in Poland but it is not possible that so many people in Poland are interested in this discipline. Poland does not have success in other sports like football basketball or hockey so all hope is directed in volleyball. Everything is all right when polish volleyball players play well but when they play badly someone who is not interested in volleyball loose interest in what is going on on. And of course starts lamentations. One day after World Champioships polish commentators and fans said Poland is with Brazil one step ahead rest of the world and second year after European Championship they said polish volleyball is at the bottom. Both statements are false because for example Russia during World Champiosnhip play without not called-up Khamutskich but first of all without Tietiukhine and that seriuosly affected level of russian actions. The same you could say about Serbia that during this tournment have seriuos problems. And the other hand embarrasing performance during European Championship didnt mean polish team is such weak as it looked like although it was very costly due to World Cup.
    I think polish fans have also too high expectation. Polish have only 38 million people and USA have about 300 Brazil more thah 200 and Russia more than 140. It just demography although for example volleyball is not so popular in Russia. Another problem polish training system is weak and underinvested although there are such big money in polish volleyball Russia survive this ten years after crisis of 90' when coaches left Russia and played were not learned technique enough but I think after Putin goverment and big money in volleyball there are on their way to succes.It is seen clearly that polish players and polish volleyball have the same problem.

• :huh:

I think polish fans have also too high expectation. Polish have only 38 million people and USA have about 300 Brazil more thah 200 and Russia more than 140. It just demography although for example volleyball is not so popular in Russia.

:white: only? we are 7 milion? 5 times less than you :huh:

• If we compare with USA Brazil or Russia even with France (64 million) or Gremany (nearly 82 millions) it is only 38 million. Of course number of people is not everything volleyball tradition is always important but if in USA 27 million of people play in volleyball for relax it is hard to have better players than they have.

• The problem is as I said polish fans are mostly fans of succes not volleyball. I do not want to insult true fans of volleyball in Poland but it is not possible that so many people in Poland are interested in this discipline. Poland does not have success in other sports like football basketball or hockey so all hope is directed in volleyball.

I think polish fans have also too high expectation. Polish have only 38 million people and USA have about 300 Brazil more thah 200 and Russia more than 140. It just demography although for example volleyball is not so popular in Russia.

Ad 1. How about handball? Polish male team has some real successes recently and handball isn't as popular as volleyball.
    Ad.2 Well, the demography can't guarantee great results. China, India, Pakistan and Indonesia have much more people than Finland, Serbia, Portugal, Holland, Czech Rep. etc. and I would say that they are rather much weaker at volleyball :D I think it is more about tradition, coaching system etc. not about amount of people. Or else Montenegro would never beat France. And such things happen.

The most important 3:

• if in USA 27 million of people play in volleyball for relax it is hard to have better players than they have.

This explanation is a little bit to simple and easy to me...

The most important 3:

• If we compare with USA Brazil or Russia even with France (64 million) or Gremany (nearly 82 millions) it is only 38 million. Of course number of people is not everything volleyball tradition is always important but if in USA 27 million of people play in volleyball for relax it is hard to have better players than they have.

Of course it's not. Otherwise we would have to watch China winning every tournament.
    Lithuania is in the top 3 of the history of basketball and they have 3 million people. ;)

• I said volleyball tradition is also very important and also training system but when two countries like Brazil and Poland have these two things nearing and one country has 200 million of people and second 38 first country will probably have better players or maybe not better their best players but have much more good players which is also very important as a base for headway. There is also bigger chance to find a real star of volleyball

• Ad.2 Well, the demography can't guarantee great results. China, India, Pakistan and Indonesia have much more people than Finland, Serbia, Portugal, Holland, Czech Rep. etc. and I would say that they are rather much weaker at volleyball :D I think it is more about tradition, coaching system etc. not about amount of people. Or else Montenegro would never beat France. And such things happen.

I agree. In China there are 1 milion professional volleyball players (in Bulgaria - arround 5 thousand), yet that doesn't help them much :huh:

When I see them playing I always think - they are good team, if only they are 15 cm taller :S and stop hitting everything in our block ....but...

• But China has the same volleyball tradition like Bulgaria? Is volleyball so popular in China like in Bulgaria? Most talented youngsters in China play volleyball? Are they the some tall?
    As I said we compare only countries with nearing volleyball tradition and training system