World Cup 2011

• GER: What a huge disappointment for Germany and they have no one to blame but themselves. They are one of the few teams that has not had to replace players do to injury and are at full-strength and still they haven't been able to do what is required of them. This loss and the loss to DR are really the final blows. Yes, if they beat China they have a chance, but they still rely on another match to decide their fate. I am not sure they'll beat able to beat China 3-0/3-1. I'm still rooting for a miracle ;)

USA: I'm thrilled they won and got the 3 points putting them in contention for the title. Going into the match Italy was playing their best volleyball possible and the USA wasn't and it was great to see them be able to turn things on when they needed to. So many of the Americans play/have played in Italy for club seasons and they always look forward to play their former teammates. The American block has not been so good in the last few matches, especially against outside hitters. Ebata and Saori had good offensive nights against Germany so it will be an interesting battle between the two. The American middle blockers and opposite are FAR better than Japan's and I expect them to dominate in those positions. The stadium will be packed and the Japanese will play with a lot of fight because they want to qualify. Who wants it more? USA wants to be the champion or Japan wants to qualify for the OG? That's what it will come down to.

• Yeah, I've just studied the rules regarding ranking points more thoroughly and did the calculations, and I came here to post the same things although my numbers are a bit different, Russia stands at 131.25 points, I think you subtracted too much from their points.

That is quite a relief for us, but Germany needs to finish 4th to overtake Russia.

• Yeah, I've just studied the rules regarding ranking points more thoroughly and did the calculations, and I came here to post the same things although my numbers are a bit different, Russia stands at 131.25 points, I think you subtracted too much from their points.

That is quite a relief for us, but Germany needs to finish 4th to overtake Russia.

You are right, Russia stands at 131.25 :thumbup:

• Guidettis´ words at the press conference (taken from FIVB site):
    So my press conference will be very brief. I hope one day my federation
    has the power of the organizing committee like the World Cup so we also
    can have the referees cheer for us every night. What happened tonight
    was terrible. Because a match after five years of work with such
    incredible mistakes from the referee is something very, very bad for me
    and my team. I only hope my federation one time can organize a
    [inaudible] like this, and also so we can have the referee give to us
    important point [inaudible].

It ain´t the referee´s fault. The reason why Germany lost, was YOUR stupid substitutions, Guidetti. Nothing else! Don´t you ever learn?

• The consequence of all this is: we have to beat China. After the last two matches I am 99% sure that this won't happen. On the other hand I was surprised that China used the main players today most of the time and only Wang and Ma got some rest.
    It would be quite strange to imagine OG without Russia though :what:

EDIT Raven, I totally agree. Even if the last point was a wrong decision (and earlier in the 5th set there was definitely a wrong decision when Japanese MB interfered with Weiss' setting but JPN got the point), it was only one point. Take away the reception errors of Thomsen and there we already get two points back. Take away all the mistimed blocks and we win the match easily. It's also really below the belt to blame Japan for hosting the tournament and this being the reason for referee decisions. I remember when WCH 2002 was in Germany the referees didn't help us at all :roll:

• Well, they somehow qualified for the Atlanta Olympics through the African qualifying tournament, so perhaps FIVB can organize something like that again. 8o

:white: wow really ??? what wa sthe reason for russia to take part in the african tournament ?

• While we are in the subject of World Rankings..

After World Cup, is USA the new World #1?

Yes, it should be so.

:white: wow really ??? what wa sthe reason for russia to take part in the african tournament ?

I really don't know. A similar example is Dominican Republic qualifying for '04 Olympics through the South American tournament.

• What Joana? :lol: How did it happen :rolll: and who did play in the African Olympic?
    It reminded Me, that Dominican Republic qualified to 2004 Athens from the CSV Olympic Tournament :D
    But something is very interesting from other hand. In every polish media say that Poland for sure will play in the WOQT even Skowronska. It is impossible or maybe it's time to conquer Africa :rolll:

• gosh, i think there is no credibility for Fivb, I do not believe them and their false system. if they want their favorite teams in the olympics, why do they organise those qulifications ? imo they only should invite the teams and dont let them play, because its meaningless in the end, just sayin :whistle:

• does anyone have the match between japan - germany?

• In polish newspaper Siatkówka May 2004 which I have subscribed has been written that in CSV only 3 Teams wanted to play in CSV OQT but the FIVB rule says that must be min 4 Teams to organize Continental qualification. So FIVB has given two ways- one Tournamet Norceca&CSV and the Best Teams from each Continent would qualify or two Tours but in CSV would play 2nd Team from Norceca OQT. And CSV has chosen 2nd option...

• The consequence of all this is: we have to beat China. After the last two matches I am 99% sure that this won't happen. On the other hand I was surprised that China used the main players today most of the time and only Wang and Ma got some rest.
    It would be quite strange to imagine OG without Russia though :what:

EDIT Raven, I totally agree. Even if the last point was a wrong decision (and earlier in the 5th set there was definitely a wrong decision when Japanese MB interfered with Weiss' setting but JPN got the point), it was only one point. Take away the reception errors of Thomsen and there we already get two points back. Take away all the mistimed blocks and we win the match easily. It's also really below the belt to blame Japan for hosting the tournament and this being the reason for referee decisions. I remember when WCH 2002 was in Germany the referees didn't help us at all :roll:

What i don´t understand is, why did he play with two liberos? Tzscherlich´s reception ain´t as good as it used to be and her reaction is also very slow. The reporter on german tv said, that Tzscherlich has catched a cold. Even though she got her medication, a cold weakens one, slows down your movement and reactions. So i don´t know, how that fits with Japan´s fast attacks...

• The last ball was touched by block (SKY's replay shows that) then Guidetti shut up! :down:

• Burak I read in Death Book that You Life will end 1 hour before Kozuch's arrive to Istanbul..

:lol:

can't wait for that tournament i don't know but it could be suprises for some players, espiecally Kosheleva :lol:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• do you guys know, where Foluke Akinreadeo will play this season ?
    shes a gorgeous MB, i really would like to see her in my club to play :heart:

She will play for Dinamo Krasnodar with together Kosheleva in Russia this season

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• What i don´t understand is, why did he play with two liberos? Tzscherlich´s reception ain´t as good as it used to be and her reaction is also very slow. The reporter on german tv said, that Tzscherlich has catched a cold. Even though she got her medication, a cold weakens one, slows down your movement and reactions. So i don´t know, how that fits with Japan´s fast attacks...

And especially, why did he leave Kauffeldt out of the roster and not Thomsen or Matthes? Who would have played MB if anything had happened to Ssuschke or Fürst?? Even though there still a theoretical chance I'm sure either Guidetti or some of his favorite players will spoil it tomorrow...