World Championships 2014

• The Rules of the World Championships 2014:
    -24 Teams
    -4 groups with 6 Teams
    -4 Teams will qualify to next round
    -2 groups with 8 Teams
    -Quarterfinals etc.
    -The Defending Champion must fight for ticket
    -Europe has 10 places with Italy in this 10 but I'm in shock because Norceca has 6 and Asia only 4.

• Actually, outside of China and Japan, the Asian federation has not performed well at World Championships or Olympics tournament.

2010 Women's World Championship
    Japan 3rd
    China 10th
    South Korea & Thailand 13th
    Kazakhstan 21st

China 5th
    Japan 6th
    Chinese Taipei 12th
    South Korea 13th
    Kazakhstan 17th

China 4th
    South Korea 6th
    Japan 13th
    Thailand 17th
    Australia 21st

• I agree that 6 spots to NORCECA is quite a lot, there is no need (USA, Cuba, Dominican Rep., Puerto Rico, then Canada and Costa Rica could fight for the last spot). Should be 5 Asia, 5 NORCECA IMO...

FIVB is weird, if you get GRand Prix this season, that is a tournament with far less participats, if Kazakhstan wins Algeria (likely) Asia will have 5 participats in GRand Prix! And in WCH will have only 4? I cant understand FIVB (for me 5 Asia countries in GRand Prix are too much, could be one more European...would be much better in quality, and also more fair....and in WCH then yeah, should be 5 Asian teams...)

but who undersand FIVB sometimes.. :lol:

• Actually, Asia usually 4 teams in the Grand Prix. I would actually prefer to see an African team in the tournament rather than a 5th Asian team. In order to improve volleyball in Africa, they have to play more matches outside of their continent.

Africa is by far the weakest confederation in all of FIVB men or women.

• Actually, Asia usually 4 teams in the Grand Prix. I would actually prefer to see an African team in the tournament rather than a 5th Asian team. In order to improve volleyball in Africa, they have to play more matches outside of their continent.

Africa is by far the weakest confederation in all of FIVB men or women.

you are abosuletly right, it works with men in World League. Egypt and Tunus was not bad at all. Actually, what men african players do right is playing in international good leagues. Maybe egyptian, Nygerian, Algerian players must try to play in average level leagues or Serie B at least. :whistle: