Italian League 2011/2012

• Parma-Piacenza 3-1
    Pavia-Busto 0-3
    I am very happy for Parma

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I agree with the experience, but I think more they are strong as a group, because as individual player they have no "real star" IMO. I dont think any of the players u counted is topp10 in their position in the league right now, do u think? I dont want to be rude, its just a question ;) Davis is for sure one of the best liberos though.

For me Turlea is definitely one of the best Opps in the league, and I don't necessarily agree about Davis, I think many of the Italian liberos are at least the same as her or even better. Also Nicolini, she never was a star and I think she never played in Italy NT, but in all Piacenza matches I watched she performed really well. But in general I agree that their teamwork and balance is an important factor for their success.

• For me Turlea is definitely one of the best Opps in the league, and I don't necessarily agree about Davis, I think many of the Italian liberos are at least the same as her or even better. Also Nicolini, she never was a star and I think she never played in Italy NT, but in all Piacenza matches I watched she performed really well. But in general I agree that their teamwork and balance is an important factor for their success.

I really like Turlea, but I think she was much better for 5 years ago, I have to say.

• That's for sure, but I think she still is one of the best. She jumps very well and what distinguishes her from over players is her ball control, I think she can exactly control where she will hit the ball and she also has a very good eye for the block. Other players might be more spectacular and more powerful, but I like Turlea a lot.

• You are not rude at all my friend, dont worry! :drink:

Well, IMO Turlea is one of the best players in the league, specially cause she is having a good season...better than last one I think.

Lehtonen and Pachale are maybe not the best in their positions if you think objectvely, but they could manage to make some very good games...speacilly lehtonen, scoring a lot, making good serves, they three can be powerfull spikers, and like we all agreed, they are very experience, so I guess they can handle better important moments. Today they definetly didnt make a good game...but I think they are a team with players that can make a difference in one match when they play well. ^^

• Impressive match by Foppa, and they show everyone that it really doesn't matter at all how you play in November/December, but what really counts is the performance when the important matches are coming up. If they can keep this shape they actually have a good chance to reach Champions League Final 4. On the other hand I think Villa players were still tired from the long trip to Russia, they really looked far worse than in their recent matches. I think Serena was extra motivated to win this game against Pavan, some years ago they played together in Conegliano and at that time Pavan wrote very nasty things about her teammates in a blog, she wrote that Serena is the worst setter she ever played with and called her Valentina Scissorhands :D (it's funny actually, but must have been very insulting for Serena of course). Today she showed that she is certainly not a bad setter at all!

• Congratulations Foppa !! :super:
    If they will keep like that I belive in their chances in CL ;)
    Francy ! :flower:

• Impressive match by Foppa, and they show everyone that it really doesn't matter at all how you play in November/December, but what really counts is the performance when the important matches are coming up. If they can keep this shape they actually have a good chance to reach Champions League Final 4. On the other hand I think Villa players were still tired from the long trip to Russia, they really looked far worse than in their recent matches. I think Serena was extra motivated to win this game against Pavan, some years ago they played together in Conegliano and at that time Pavan wrote very nasty things about her teammates in a blog, she wrote that Serena is the worst setter she ever played with and called her Valentina Scissorhands :D (it's funny actually, but must have been very insulting for Serena of course). Today she showed that she is certainly not a bad setter at all!

Hehe, your memory is really good :) I remember this but not in detail, Brakocevic was involved too, wasnt she? However, I dont rembember what she did.

• Hehe, your memory is really good :) I remember this but not in detail, Brakocevic was involved too, wasnt she? However, I dont rembember what she did.

I just checked again, Brakocevic became new team captain after Pavan's blog was revealed, and Pavan had written that Brakocevic planned something against her or so, I didn't properly understand...Anyway I guess she has learnt her lesson and we should let the past rest now ;)

• Bergamo give back Villa the 0-3 of the first round of the championship.

Now they are 1-1

But there are 3 matches almost in a row for this two teams and I don't think Bergamo will win again XD This was the less important one of the 4 in 20 days.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Bergamo give back Villa the 0-3 of the first round of the championship.

Now they are 1-1

But there are 3 matches almost in a row for this two teams and I don't think Bergamo will win again XD This was the less important one of the 4 in 20 days.

Best for u after what u wrote in the CL-thread ;) XD

But I think the same as u, that Villa is the better team and if they play better again in the upcoming matches, they will have very good chance to win. Villa didnt look so insprired today for me...without taking anything from Bergamo, they did not much wrong really.

• Great vitory for Foppa of course, And Im really happy...but this is the less important match between all they will play...but I hope it serves to give motivation and must of all confidence to Foppa girls! ^^

I always believe in this team, till the end! :heart:

Matthias and @Anton1989 Actually, Pavan problem was with Sangiuliano, not Serena (Serena played in Conegliano in 2008/2009, and Pavan incident was one season after, in 2009/2010, Serena was not there anymore). She had a blog, where she wrote some bad things about the team, specially about Sanguiliano, and also about supporters and the club saying. Brakocevic was not involved, but became capitan of the team (in place of Pavan, that used to be the capitan) after that incident. ;)

• Yes, Villa's players today has not played their best volleyball