Germany - DVL 2011/12

• Ah I wished I was there.... :( hehehe well going to follow in laola1. :)

I will neither be in Halle nor will be able to watch the match live at Laola :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I hope the match will be still available tomorrow-evening/night at Laola-website :S :S

• I was there 2009 and will also be there tomorrow. It is spectacular, yes. I mean, the size of the building, the number of people in there, the atmosphere... It´s a great experience and, imo, every volleyball fan in Germany and/or for example Netherlands, France or whereever should at least be there once.

Thanks,looking forward to see the cupfinals today. Have fun!

• :cup: Schweriner SC :cup: - Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 3:1 (25:21, 25:15, 23:25, 27:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&8016.pdf (soon)

Overall it was a deserved victory for Schwerin. In the first two sets they played almost perfect, then in 3rd set their hitters started to make mistakes and Hanke's sets were a little less precise and the comeback in the end wasn't enough. 4th set was very balanced, both teams were very effective with serves (or bad in reception, to put it the other way). Berit Kauffeldt also was very good in attack today. For Vilsbiburg Lenka Dürr had a very bad game, I don't know if she was nervous or had any other problems, usually she plays much better than that. The main problem is that they don't have hitters like Topic and Buijs who can also kill difficult balls from bad receptions.

Congrats to Schwerin :win:

• Congratulations to Schweriner SC :cup: :cup: :cup:

I hope I can watch the match online tonight or tomorrow at Laola1 :win:

• Anne Buijs was voted MVP of the final match. Based on the first two sets it would be justified, but based on the whole match I think Topic or Hanke would deserve it more...either way the whole team played very well today, so it's hard to choose one MVP.

• Anne Buijs was voted MVP of the final match. Based on the first two sets it would be justified, but based on the whole match I think Topic or Hanke would deserve it more...either way the whole team played very well today, so it's hard to choose one MVP.

Though you might be right, Matthias, I'm very happy for Anne ;) She had a difficult period in the first half of the season due to physical problems.

By the way, still no stats available ?( Pity.

• Though you might be right, Matthias, I'm very happy for Anne ;) She had a difficult period in the first half of the season due to physical problems.

By the way, still no stats available ?( Pity.

Yeah, the stats of men's match were online right after it ended :thumbdown: In TV report they said Topic was best scorer with 20 points, Brandt scored 7 aces (though it's hard to imagine, I rather think she had 7 points in total) and Anne had 16 or 17 points in attack...It's funny how ALL TV reports about Schwerin focus on the father-daughter constellation :D

• Yeah, the stats of men's match were online right after it ended :thumbdown: In TV report they said Topic was best scorer with 20 points, Brandt scored 7 aces (though it's hard to imagine, I rather think she had 7 points in total) and Anne had 16 or 17 points in attack...It's funny how ALL TV reports about Schwerin focus on the father-daughter constellation :D

I read about Brandt's strong serves in the reports after the match :win: According to Teun Buijs both teams struggled in reception/served very well.

About father-daughter-constellation...well, it is of course a kind of 'present' for a journalist to make an item about, but not too much attention of course ;)

Does Anne speak decent German meanwhile?

• Ahaha no :lol: they made an interview with her after the game, she started in German, then switched to English and then just said "Scheiße...sorry" :lol: :lol: :lol: I will post the link if it gets uploaded to ZDF website...

:lol:

I'm waiting for the link :thumbsup:

• You were right about Anne matthias. First two sets she was playing great,but then everything changed. I think overall
    Denise Hanke deserved to be MVP of this match.
    Was good to see Anne back on her normal ( high) level.She was very excited after match about winning the match.
    She was running straight after match up to her mother to celebrate the victory with her mum,brother,other family and her fans :D
    Her german is acceptable....:P

• I missed the game!!!! :wall: I couldnt woke up in time. :whistle: damm, I hope laola put the video on later.

I hope so, dear...but I have just very little hope... :(

• You were right about Anne matthias. First two sets she was playing great,but then everything changed. I think overall
    Denise Hanke deserved to be MVP of this match.
    Was good to see Anne back on her normal ( high) level.She was very excited after match about winning the match.
    She was running straight after match up to her mother to celebrate the victory with her mum,brother,other family and her fans :D
    Her german is acceptable....:P

Hey Marieke, you must have had a great day in Halle :P :P

If you want to send some pictures...you have got my email :D