Germany - DVL 2011/12

• Schweriner SC :super:

Very happy to see Anne Buijs played already a half match :dance4: After a few months recovery from her injury, she is getting back :)

Hopefully she will be in the roster for POGQT in Croatia !

By the way, on Wednesday, Schweriner SC - Dresdner SC :!: So pity there is no broadcast anymore :wall:

Dominice Steffen from Suhl suffered a serious knee injury in 2nd set. Angelina Grün continues winning MVP awards whenever she's on court...

Was tough to see Steffi go down, but i really hope she'll recover soon. She played an important part after we had to compensate Suza's absence in this match.

PS: I would have chosen Borowikow, but Grün deserved MVP too. Not just from the applause-o-meter ;)

• Istanbul played all match bad but Hamburg not. That situations are always for Me unbelievable.

• Match report says that Vilsbiburg's serves destroyed Hamburg in 2nd set. Lena Möllers served until 8:0, Lina Meyer until 13:1, and the rest of the set was just formality.
    Suhl-Aachen must have been a very emotional and hard fought match from what I read, I hope there will be a video of it. Probably a video of Schwerin-Potsdam will be online soon, I'll post the link when it happens.

EDIT: Suhl-Aachen video is already online, as usual thanks to Suhl's fan club :thumbsup:

• 23. Oktober 2011
    Münster - VCO Berlin 3:0 (25:12 / 25:23 / 25:8 )
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2019.pdf
    MVP: Michaela Jelinkova / Melanie Keil

Ranking after 3 matches:
    1 Vilsbiburg 3 6 : 0 9 : 2
    2 Schwerin 3 6 : 0 9 : 2
    3 Suhl 3 6 : 0 9 : 4
    4 Münster 2 4 : 0 6 : 2
    5 Stuttgart 3 4 : 2 7 : 3
    6 Potsdam 3 4 : 2 7 : 4
    7 Wiesbaden 3 4 : 2 6 : 3
    8 Aachen 3 2 : 4 6 : 7
    9 Hamburg 3 2 : 4 5 : 6
    10 Dresden 3 2 : 4 4 : 6
    11 Sinsheim 2 0 : 4 1 : 6
    12 Köpenick 3 0 : 6 3 : 9
    13 VCO Berlin 3 0 : 6 0 : 9
    14 Leverkusen 3 0 : 6 0 : 9

Next matches on Wednesday, including the top match Dresden - Schwerin.

Suhl-Aachen must have been a very emotional and hard fought match from what I read, I hope there will be a video of it. Probably a video of Schwerin-Potsdam will be online soon, I'll post the link when it happens.

EDIT: Suhl-Aachen video is already online, as usual thanks to Suhl's fan club :thumbsup:

Photos: gallery 1 and gallery 2 8)

She will have surgery in Berlin in the next days, but it's not published how serious her injury is. But as you can see in this photo strip, she had a very unfortunate approach to the net. Hard to imagine, how she could be lucky in this situation, but we're crossing all available fingers here.

It was amazing how the team responded in this situation. Felix was pulling a new strategy (with 4 outside attackers and 1 middleblocker diagonal to the setter) out of his hat before the game, to compensate the absence of Suza, but with Domis injury everything seemed to fall apart. But our MB Ivana Isailovic started with two ++ receptions after beeing forced to play this position for the first time in her career and the rest of the team did a great job too. A match to remember, but now the "surprise effect" will be gone and it will be tough against Hamburg on saturday. But I can't wait to see this team WITH Suza Cebic and Laura Dijkema (back) in the line-up. :)

Last bunch of photos from the game: gallery 3

• ...on the other hand, Croatia federation didn't allow Mira Topic to stay for the match even though Schwerin asked them intensely for it, so they have to play without her. I guess Anne Buijs will play in her place. Probably in this case also Hana Cutura won't play for Münster tomorrow.

• That's bad news for Schwerin...Croatia seems to take the preparation very seriously..since the tournament is in their own country...

About Anne Buijs: a certain forum-member (not me ;) ) spoke to her a few days ago..Anne said she hasn't recovered fully yet from her injury, so she will probably no be able to show her best in the match with Dresden.