2012 European Men's Handball Championship

• This year's Euro is hosted by Serbia, from 15-29 January in Belgrade, Nis, Novi Sad and Vrsac. Here you have pools:

Pool A
    Poland
    Denmark
    Serbia
    Slovakia

Pool B
    Czech Republic
    Sweden
    Macedonia
    Germany

Pool C
    France
    Hungary
    Spain
    Russia

Pool D
    Croatia
    Norway
    Iceland
    Slovenia

• Poland will never play like they played 2 or 3 years ago. Wenta doesn't change this team, a lot. That's why all our opponents know GREAT what we're doing in each other situations(we could see it, when our guys tried to attack). The other thing - atmosphere. These boys are together for a long time. Sometimes I have an impression, that they have enough of themselves. It's not that team. Unfortunately, it's not that team.

• This disaster is still on, I mean POL-SRB game of course, but I don't feel like watching it. The result is known since the end of the 1st half. Yes, I know, you should never neglect anyone, everything can happen, but looking at our guys' approach makes me wanna throw up.
    The only team that is really involved is Serbia, we look like a joke.

Oh, it's already over. Finally. 18:22 Srbija.

Serbia played really well, they put up a lot of fight, but we couldn't really keep up with them. Their defense was just outstanding sometimes, so agressive, especially Manojlović. We couldn't break through it, and that is one thing, but our extremly low efficiency in attack is another. So many missed shots, lost balls!
    Unfrotunetely not only our offensive sucked dramatically, our defense was really weak as well. Marcin Wichary was defending some balls pretty well, but then when the ball was in our hands, it was almost 100 % sure that we will miss the shot, or lose a ball in a really silly way.
    Our goalie seriosuly got no help from his mates at all, on serbian side, Stanić had an amazing efficency, he was defending the balls so well, but come on, some of our shots were so pathetic that it was almost impossible not to defend it.
    We tried to catch up, we had some nice actions in block, and there were some impressive shots from Michał Jurecki and Karol Bielecki, but so what...it did nothing, then everything came back to normal.
    Even exlcluding TWO Serbian guys at the same time, didn't help us at all. We couldn't use the opportunity of having the advantage of two more players, that was really painful to watch.

I counted a lot on my personal all time hero- Grzesiek Tkaczyk, but he appeared only for couple of minutes, and didn't play anything spectacular, if I had to sum up his game, I would say that he was as mediocre as the rest of the team.
    Krzysiek Lijewski was very disappointing as well. Way too many missed shots, but that is not surprising at all considering the circumstances.

Only Karol Bielecki and Michał Jurecki were like a little spark in our team, but this spark was way too small to do any visible changes in the score and what is most important- in the attitude.

Congrats Serbia, impressive game. Hopefully everything is alright with Rastko Stojković, would be a shame for him to lose more matches, get well Rastko.

• Is Iceland a good team at the moment? I watched few games during OGs in Beijing and I liked them most. They were pretty impressive back then. I remember that France were a pretty good team, they had a one black attacker that jumped really high, can't remember his name though.

• Heavens, have a mercy! What I saw totally crushed my moments of happiness after watching today's ski jumping...
    Boguś Wenta, I love you man, really, but I don't really know what the hell Lijewski was doing on the court for so long? Damn, Bogdan should change him 'cause he brought the whole team down. Gosh, what a shame... And after a commentator said that Lijewski is in the best shape in his life, Krzyś started to play his one-man "show". I couldn't watch it! :wall: He played as if he played for Serbia not for Poland...
    Karol Bielecki appeared on the court too late! :aww: Him + Michał Jurecki + Marcin Wichary were the only lights in the dark tunnel. Oh, and Tomek Tłuczyński didn't make mistakes at least.

I was impressed with the audience. Amazing relation between fans and players, amazing atmosphere. All supporters gave the wings to their players.

Please, guys. I don't want to see so many missed balls never ever again. It was simply pathetic. I hope Bogdan will motivate all of them in some way. 'Cause I just don't want to believe that it's the end for our team in this tournament. Fight, guys!

• Is Iceland a good team at the moment? I watched few games during OGs in Beijing and I liked them most. They were pretty impressive back then. I remember that France were a pretty good team, they had a one black attacker that jumped really high, can't remember his name though.

Iceland has always been a very....uhmm....uncomfortable opponent for us, and other top teams as well. To be honest I haven't seen their game this season yet. Yes, back in 2008 they were very impressive, but they're not exactly the same team anymore, as well as Poles.
    Both teams slowed down a little. Iceland has a little better results in the past 3 years, than we, the were higher in general classification, but haven't won a medal, they're still tough to play though (as almost every Scandinavian team). They're in the group along with Croatia, Norway and Slovenia, and imo they are rather sure to advance to the next stage of the tournament.
    France is still on a winning streak if it comes to international events. They're winning everything, and they're still the favourites of every single tournament they take part in, same thing is with this year's Euro, obviously.
    That French guy that jumped really high is Luc Abalo :)

Other results:

Denmark-Slovakia 30:25

Germany-Czech Rep. 24:27 :thumbsup: Congrats Czechs!

Sweden-Macedonia 25:25

Tomorrow next matches in pool A and B, and pool C and D are finally going to start fighting.

• That French guy that jumped really high is Luc Abalo :)

No he's not :lol:

I meant another guy, I remember Abalo as a left-handed wing striker. Now you made me check in Google who the jumping guy is :)

Let me see... Aha, Daniel Narcisse. I remember when he scored a goal from a kind of an alley-oop pass(a basketball term, the passer throws the ball in the air and the scorer cathes it in it's flight and dunks. In this case - scores). Now I remember the Gille brothers and Nikola Karabatic ;)

• No he's not :lol:

I meant another guy, I remember Abalo as a left-handed wing striker. Now you made me check in Google who the jumping guy is :)

Let me see... Aha, Daniel Narcisse. I remember when he scored a goal from a kind of an alley-oop pass(a basketball term, the passer throws the ball in the air and the scorer cathes it in it's flight and dunks. In this case - scores). Now I remember the Gille brothers and Nikola Karabatic ;)

Ah, so you meant Narcisse! :D Well...Abalo came to my mind immediately, simply because this guy is literally flying :D He's really fun to watch, just like whole French NT. Gille brothers are great :thumbsup: I have a big sentiment for siblings in sport :lol:
    Btw, talking about France....they were defeated in their first match of the tournament by Spain! 26:29. Slow start again...let's see what's gonna happen later...

• Ah, so you meant Narcisse! :D Well...Abalo came to my mind immediately, simply because this guy is literally flying :D He's really fun to watch, just like whole French NT. Gille brothers are great :thumbsup: I have a big sentiment for siblings in sport :lol:
    Btw, talking about France....they were defeated in their first match of the tournament by Spain! 26:29. Slow start again...let's see what's gonna happen later...

Iceland - Croatia is turning to be a good match. 1 point difference after the first half.

• Iceland - Croatia is turning to be a good match. 1 point difference after the first half.

Is this game still on? I couldn't find any transmission! I'm watching last couple of minutes of Russia-Hungary 27:28 for Hungarians so far.

• Is this game still on? I couldn't find any transmission! I'm watching last couple of minutes of Russia-Hungary 27:28 for Hungarians so far.

It's now finished. Iceland lead during the whole game by maximum of 2 points but Croats eventually won by two - 31:29. Very tight game.

• It's now finished. Iceland lead during the whole game by maximum of 2 points but Croats eventually won by two - 31:29. Very tight game.

Can't wait to see the replay...still like Croats, so I feel obligated to see this match :D RUS-HUN was also a very tight game 31:31.
    Now looking forward to see Slovenia in action and....Poland :S Must win match for us, we can't fail.

Edit: Still not really sure what's going on with Rastko, doctors said that they should know something more tomorrow, but it seems to be a little more serious, than we thought. Get well Rastko!

• Germany-Czech Rep. 24:27 :thumbsup: Congrats Czechs!

Btw, talking about France....they were defeated in their first match of the tournament by Spain! 26:29.

I love the results :thumbsup:

I don't know the rosters (I hope I expand my knowledge soon), so can you, guys, tell me if Filip Jícha plays? I'm a fan of this guy :roll:

Sweden-Macedonia 25:25

Quite surprising result, for me.

• I don't know the rosters (I hope I expand my knowledge soon), so can you, guys, tell me if Filip Jícha plays? I'm a fan of this guy :roll:

He played most time (about 52 minutes) and he scored 4 goals stats of the match

OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF TOURNAMENT

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Forgot the score, but it was high, and we won, so that really matters. Now I have such problem...was Slovakia so poor, or we improved our game so dramatically? Some actions were delicious, especially from my all time hero- Grzesiek Tkaczyk. Finally spend some more time on the court, and what's the most important- showed some great game! :thumbsup:
    No need to say anything about Slovakia, they were almost nothing. I feel sorry for their goalie, 'cause this man got no help from his team mates at all, they were all such a lazybones! :wall: I really hate it, when a team totally gives up, and that is exactly what Slovakia did. On the one hand I shouldn't really be so surprised, considering how spanked they got, but on the other hand, some loses of the ball were just pathetic :down:

What else to say...the best possible way to sum up this match, is to say that we just played way better than on Monday. Everything worked so much better, from our efficeincy in attack, to the way we were playing in defense. Lisek executing counter attacks just like he used to in his best :thumbsup: No need to add anything more, whole team was soo different in coparison to Monday, hopefully our shape is gradually growing in strenght, I'm expecting a good game agaist Denmark! Time to take a revenge for this loss from WCh in Sweden, it was very painful, so now we just have to recover.

Serbia-Denmark soon :drink:

• Forgot the score, but it was high, and we won, so that really matters. Now I have such problem...was Slovakia so poor, or we improved our game so dramatically? Some actions were delicious, especially from my all time hero- Grzesiek Tkaczyk. Finally spend some more time on the court, and what's the most important- showed some great game! :thumbsup:

Both, I think. Without minimalizing our great game - Slovaks were sucks in attack. I would say that we played fast (veeeery fast), we didn't make stupid mistakes which happens very often and we didn't let Slovaks take the lead in the match. I know I shouldn't be so happy with this win but I am. I'm so freakin' happy 'cause everything just everything looked much much better. It's the team which I want to see always! Grześ Tkaczyk is of course my hero of today :obey: he showed the monster skills which I like the most about him. Actually, all guys played nice and well... they were a TEAM again. Piotrek Wyszomirski, my buddy :super: All of those fantastic ball-kicks throughout the entire court straight to the closest player at the Slovacs gate and then - goals :obey: A M A Z I N G!

EDIT. I've just read that Serbia won. Congrats. And btw I've heard that Niklas Landin scored a goal :D

• Srbija!!!!!!!! :super: Now I'm looking forward to see our guys against Danes even more! Come on, I love to win against them :D

I've heard that Niklas Landin scored a goal :D

:wall: This guy? Anyone, but not him, I detest him sooo much. I'm sure his goal can't come close to Szmal's :D

• :wall: This guy? Anyone, but not him, I detest him sooo much. I'm sure his goal can't come close to Szmal's :D

Of course not :thumbsup:

I will have mixed feelings if Marcus Cleverly will play in the match against us 'cause I like him a lot... Anyway, I can't wait to see that match as well.