Germany NT 2012

• Finally our federation posted some news:
    Germany is in Ankara with 13 players. Kauffeldt and Burchardt are out, but Guidetti took all 3 setters to Ankara because Mareen Apitz is sick with flu and couldn't train so much in the last few days. The final roster has to be decided tomorrow, then depending on Apitz's health status he will decide which setter has to go home. So the roster is:
    Kathleen Weiss, Mareen Apitz/Denise Hanke
    Margareta Kozuch
    Angelina Grün, Maren Brinker, Heike Beier, Anne Matthes
    Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Christiane Fürst, Nadja Schaus
    Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lenka Dürr

The players who go home continue training in Germany, Guidetti says also the players who are out now will still have chances for the next tournaments.

• Do u think Schaus is better choice then Kauffeldt?

They are difficult to compare, Kauffeldt is a good slide attacker and I think a better blocker than Schaus, but Schaus is very quick and athletic and attacks very well through the middle. Last year she missed ECH and WC due to an injury but in 2010 when Fürst had shoulder injury she did a very good job replacing her. Actually she was OH until 2010 and turned MB just because we lacked alternatives there but she is much better as MB than she ever was as OH ^^ In the end I think it doesn't matter who goes as 3rd MB, Ssuschke and Fürst will play unless anything happens to them.

• They are difficult to compare, Kauffeldt is a good slide attacker and I think a better blocker than Schaus, but Schaus is very quick and athletic and attacks very well through the middle. Last year she missed ECH and WC due to an injury but in 2010 when Fürst had shoulder injury she did a very good job replacing her. Actually she was OH until 2010 and turned MB just because we lacked alternatives there but she is much better as MB than she ever was as OH ^^ In the end I think it doesn't matter who goes as 3rd MB, Ssuschke and Fürst will play unless anything happens to them.

Yeah I remember her as an OH..hehehe she played like this here in Brasil in 2009 World Grand Prix in Rio ^^

Thank u for ur answer...I imagine Kauffeldt would be Guidetti's first choice after of course Furst and Ssschuke, that is why I asked..hehehe I was surprised to see Schaus instead of her. ^^

• Kauffeldt is still young, her time will come for sure. She is playing now like Corina Ssuschke 5-6 years ago and she is constantly improving (unlike other young players...), but for now I'm not surprised to see Schaus.

• do you think Matthes is better than Burchardt ??

• Mareen Apitz is 2nd setter for Ankara. Denise Hanke has to travel home :(
    Guidetti says small tactical differences were decisive in the end, Denise Hanke trained very well and was always fully dedicated to the team, of course she was disappointed but she took it professionally and she knows she'll have more chances in summer.

• Too bad, Denise :aww: I hope She gets more chances to play. I still think both Mareen and Denise can play better than Kathleen. We all know Why Kathleen plays as main setter.

• just more experience in international matches

and katthleen has been striving hard in the past 4 years...she deserves the chance....

BUT we just look at the shape and the performance in the friendly matches with Poland...i would pick Denise and Mareen

• So Denise is out again :down: despite this German roster is at the moment the strongest. Even Anne Matthes isn't so bad. Fortunately Guidetti didn't call bench queen in Baku - Kathy Radzuweit :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• No, I just was about to say that Kathleen has been playing as main setter of the team for the last 4 years, So for now It's kinda impossible to let another young setter play as main setter and kick Kathleen out. She knows her teammates very well and is the most experienced one compared to Mareen and Denise. I don't know why you bring Beltrami who doesn't have anything with Kathleen :D If I made you missunderstood, I'm sorry. Anyhow, hopefully Denise Hanke can make it after the Olympic Games or even before that. She can develop A LOT If She gains much more international experiences. She is only 22 yo right now.