Russia - Superliga 2012/2013

• Belogorie won the series being 0-2 down! Today they won 3-0 in Novosibirsk being 4-10 down in the third set. They are on fire :) I think they play Konstantinov's Gubernia next, will be tough though. But an eventual final Zenit vs. Belogorie would be great!

Not really. Spiridonov was praying for Belogorie and wanted them to win, 'cause automatically Ural would get Gubernia in semifinal then (that's Spiridonov, his self-confidence is bigger than Eiffel Tower) :) So today's winner is going to play against Zenit and seem to be favorite of this battle.

• Not really. Spiridonov was praying for Belogorie and wanted them to win, 'cause automatically Ural would get Gubernia in semifinal then (that's Spiridonov, his self-confidence is bigger than Eiffel Tower) :) So today's winner is going to play against Zenit and seem to be favorite of this battle.

Yop, you are right! I just checked it out. Gubernia vs. Ural and now Zenit vs. Belogorie are the semis. Strange to know that either Gubernia or Ural will get a final playoff spot instead of either Zenit or Belogorie, but they all did better than Belogorie in the regular season, so now it's all or nothing for Shipulin. Still, the Russian Cup they won in December should allow them to play in next year's CL, but with this roster and current shape they can surprise Zenit and achieve more than a semifinal.

• Who is going to CL from Russia? Winner, runner up and 3rd team, right?

The Cup winner SHOULD go to the CL. I am not sure though, but I read somewhere recently that Belogorie won a CL spot already. Nonetheless, I can't find any confirmation about places distribution. What happened to the Russian users in this forum? :) Besides, Belogorie deserves to play there even if only for the team they have. Today they won 3-2 in Kazan and led the series. 1-0 for Gubernia as well as they beat Ural 3-0 at home, Plamen Konstantinov might write history with this small team.

• 3 Medalists will play in CL.

4th Team in the CEV Cup

5th - Challange Cup

Belgorod should play in the CEV Cup but as Medalist will play in the CL. At least as 4th will play in the CEV Cup.

• Russia championship so strong this year, probably the best league nowadays

I'm really hapy to see Ostapenko is back, and by the stats he is doing awesome with the dark horse of Gubernyia, i want him back on NT !!

• Lokomotiv Belgorod one victory closer to Final. After first set They destroyed Kazan.

Ufa also leads 2-1.

Today probably last matches of Semis.

• I really can't remember who trashed Zenit in years like Belgorod did yesterday. :obey: It was pure demonstration of power, I was shocked to see Zenit scoring less than 20 pts per set. Maybe new order begins in Russia :whistle:

• During training before yesterday's match Anderson got injured. He was top Scorer in first two games so Zenit may end journey to Gold Medal today.

• What don't You like here?

I don't like the fact that the Cup holder in the strongest league in the world (or in any league, actually) doesn't get a CL spot when there are three assigned to Russia in total. A third finish in the playoffs is not as nearly prestigious as a Cup win.