World League 2013

• To put it differently, the new people have somehow arrived to the Brazilian NT after 2002 and were pretty successful. From my (very subjective, obviously) side it looks that he introduced Murilo into the NT. Then there are Lucas and Sidao. I actually liked Mauricio this year. In Russia, there are no OHs who can receive Zhilin's service and play pipe straight away :).

I guess you mean Mauricio Souza MB, not Mauricio Borges OH ^^ the second one was horrible

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I guess you mean Mauricio Souza MB, not Mauricio Borges OH ^^ the second one was horrible

Sadly, I was talking about the horrible OH :) - would be strange if the MB received and scored with a pipe. He didn't look very confident and (in a sports way) aggressive but he hadn't got much time on court. I wonder what happens if he plays in the starting 6. Is this going to be a disaster? How old is he?

• I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, but Biryukov had a conflict with Voronkov in Novosibirsk and I don't think he'll get summoned in the Russian NT as long as Voronkov is the head coach.

As for Brazil and their relatively newer players since 2002 - I really don't like Vissotto and I think he's a total mismatch to a team with such spectacular defence. His game reminds me of the Russian school - quite powerful, but prone to several silly mistakes in a row. In a previous post someone mentioned his spike point isn't as high as you'd expect for such a tall player and same goes for his blocking.
    I think Lucas has been a brilliant addition and I do think he has good ball control, but to me sometimes he seems like he doubts his abilities and hen he loses synchrony with the setter and his ball toss when serving.

• I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, but Biryukov had a conflict with Voronkov in Novosibirsk and I don't think he'll get summoned in the Russian NT as long as Voronkov is the head coach.

As for Brazil and their relatively newer players since 2002 - I really don't like Vissotto and I think he's a total mismatch to a team with such spectacular defence. His game reminds me of the Russian school - quite powerful, but prone to several silly mistakes in a row. In a previous post someone mentioned his spike point isn't as high as you'd expect for such a tall player and same goes for his blocking.
    I think Lucas has been a brilliant addition and I do think he has good ball control, but to me sometimes he seems like he doubts his abilities and hen he loses synchrony with the setter and his ball toss when serving.

Not sure about the conflict but it is a normal situation when a coach tends to employ the players from his club in the NT, and Biryukov is no longer with Loko Nsk. Biryukov has been called to the NT training camp nevertheless.

Vissotto looks pretty unique to me and has very little to do with Russian school (i.e. jump higher/hit harder). He is not a hard hitter and indeed his jump is quite low. His spiking looks unorthodox but he sees the pitch well and tips very good too. Vissotto blocks very well as blocking is not about the height but the speed/timing. He is a bad defender, this is true... but I must say in his defense that Brazil/Rezende were in turn a mismatch to Vissotto. He can play better and his health is not very good as he is injured half of the time. Possibly it is his age (opposites of his size do not last for very long) but there is a chance that they don't know how to condition such a big player correctly in Brazil.