Dutch NT 2013-2014

• I don't know how comparable Femke and Laura or what's the criteria of Vermeulen ? I don't like him as a coach and I think he's doing what he want, we know very well that Floortje can't join to the national team because of him. :down: Flo-Anne-Maret trio would be great and these 3 players makes them stronger indeed :win: I think everybody knows.

Second, I don't think so that Femke is better than her in all elements. I'd like to see Laura more while she playing volleyball as a starter setter on the court, cause is she deserves more chances. I had the opportunity to watch her live many times in Turkish League and I know what she can do.

I agree on Laura.. i watched her in WGP last summer and she was good.. Don't know why Femke all of a sudden is getting that much trust and attention.. She was praying some really bad parts of the matches during ECH and I mean BAD like low ball$, short ball$, off ball$

• About Floortje:

Though Floortje never mentioned it explicitly, I agree with Burak, thinking she is still angry concerning Vermeulen's quotes two years ago.

About Laura/Femke:

I'm sorry for you, guys. Femke fits the style of play Vermeulen prefers.

@ USAvolleyfan.

It's not like Femke is all of a sudden first setter. She has always been first setter, since Vermeulen became headcoach..she just got injured 2 times, so Laura became first setter.

• What my meaning with 'that much attention' was not for being first setter but there were rumors about her in Impel or in other clubs I don't remember, or when talking about setters she was mentioned and I don't have the impression she is a setter to be mentioned.. I hope you get what I mean, I am not suggesting she is a terrible one, just nothing special only a very tall girl for setter

• What my meaning with 'that much attention' was not for being first setter but there were rumors about her in Impel or in other clubs I don't remember, or when talking about setters she was mentioned and I don't have the impression she is a setter to be mentioned.. I hope you get what I mean, I am not suggesting she is a terrible one, just nothing special only a very tall girl for setter

She is indeed nothing special (yet)...technically/tactically...but, as I mentioned, she fits the way Vermeulen wants to play --> in Dutch 'hoog en hard' --> height and power.

• Any news on Maret? How is her recovery going? When will she be able to play?

It seems her reovery is going well. At least no mention of problems.

Her only foucs is at WCH in September..that's all information available. Wether she will play in WGP is also a ?

It will be a hard fight for her spot in starting-six, since Plak is doing very well. There are also Buijs and Sloetjes. I know, Maret is by far the best receiver, but the others are much better attackers.

• It seems her reovery is going well. At least no mention of problems.

Her only foucs is at WCH in September..that's all information available. Wether she will play in WGP is also a ?

It will be a hard fight for her spot in starting-six, since Plak is doing very well. There are also Buijs and Sloetjes. I know, Maret is by far the best receiver, but the others are much better attackers.

Thanks on the info. I can not imagine her not playing in the starting 6 if she is 100% healthy! She is not as good in attack as the others, but without her reception line would be non existent.. plus With a good set and setter we have seen what she can do it Cannes..

• Thanks on the info. I can not imagine her not playing in the starting 6 if she is 100% healthy! She is not as good in attack as the others, but without her reception line would be non existent.. plus With a good set and setter we have seen what she can do it Cannes..

Time will tell :win:

• There is a 2-weeks-off..

Resume practice is at 16th June :win:

• Interview Vermeulen:

We are doing well so far. I'm pleased we won all matches so far, but especially the way we won. Saturday we won by playing very well, other matches we won by fighting.

Since Maret is injured, we have played a new system: two tall girls on outsidehitter-position.Looking back to the matches so far, In my opinion our reception remained stable and we have more power.

We have a deeper roster now: Carlijn (Jans) is back; she is tall and she is a experienced player. Yvon Beliën has raised her level (breakthrough). Karine Muijlwijk made her debut.

http://www.volleybalkrant.nl/n…vakantie-na-pittige-maand

• Congratulations to Manon and Reinder :flower: :flower: :flower:

• What a perfect couple, I'd say :drink: :rose: Manon is beautiful as usual and Reinder is a handsome man too.
    I'm so happy for them. :)