2013 / 2014 Transfer News

• [quote='ErolGarip',index.php?page=Thread&postID=205468#post205468][quote='hejjdeu',index.php?page=Thread&postID=205463#post205463][quote='ErolGarip',index.php?page=Thread&postID=205456#post205456][quote='hejjdeu',index.php?page=Thread&postID=205339#post205339]If

Note that Brakocevic is our player and I believe she too thinks similar to me. Of course, she is a very good player, but, she isn't a one Montano who can reach 20 cm higher than Brakocevic although she is 10 cm shorter than Brakocevic, but, Montano won't be written in the history, but, Brakocevic.

So? Is this high jump competition?

• Well, it is related to talent, just an extra factor. If you are shorter and can still reach higher, you have advantage of killing the balls above the blocks and Montano can do this better than Brakocevic. OR, are you saying Brakocevic is better than Montano? If Brakocevic is a fair person, even she herself would accept Montano is better. Don't be biased just because you are from Serbia. Montano wasn't awarded MVP of F4 just because she didn't have a lobby (slav lobby) at CEV behind her.

• Well, it is related to talent, just an extra factor. If you are shorter and can still reach higher, you have advantage of killing the balls above the blocks and Montano can do this better than Brakocevic. OR, are you saying Brakocevic is better than Montano? If Brakocevic is a fair person, even she herself would accept Montano is better. Don't be biased just because you are from Serbia. Montano wasn't awarded MVP of F4 just because she didn't have a lobby (slav lobby) at CEV behind her.

They are very different types of opps, Montano has great athletics abilities, but I think that Brakocevic is better technicly, so depends what your team needs

• Fürst has been a great blocker for much years not just this year and brakocevic showed what she could do in ECH 2011 so these are not new things for me.I know how gözde plays in NT so claiming she is the best in the world sounds really nonsense.I think she is far from there.She can receive well,make good points with fast sets but she is definetly not a leader for any team.Im sure if she was in Gs this year and played against vakıfbank u could understand what i try to tell.

the same for Brakoceviç and Fürst ... ;)

• I really claim that vakıfbank couldnt.They are not proper for systematic teams or games.Especially with özge as setter a success is really far .And for me brakocevic doesnt need to have such power as montano to be great.She does what she' should do' and thats enough.Maybe it sounds easy but when u look at current players u rarely find such ones :whistle:

VB had got first title with Özge :lol:

• Rabıta was already strong :lol:

I mean much stronger, Rabadzhieva, Grün and Cruz aren't better than Garay. If she really signs with Rabita we will see the difference.

• if purely final 4 then brako is the mvp, if playoffs without considering who won the title my vote goes to either katya or montano :super:

oh yes maybe brako and furst will have a hard time if they themselves play against vakif but that's natural a player no matter how talented she is will have difficulty once she face a top level team it's just a matter of degree on how poorly/well she will play, oh by the way furst with a not so good team? :) poljak with a not so good team? :D

• Would you transfer Brakocevic last year? No.
    Would you transfer Furst in last 2 years? No.

They are great now because they are playing at Vakif. If Gozde goes, any other player can fill her position. However, she is the only one whose position can't be filled so easily, not because she is world top player, but, she is here for 15 years and she as captain has contributed much to make this team a TEAM. Perhaps, this is more important than being a world top player, so, she is the best in the world, in my opinion. So, she must be paid highest amount in the league, at least as much as the amount Kim gets. Vakif won't let her go, I am sure.

As Matthias already mentioned Brakocevic and Furst are both VERY esteemed players and have been so for quite some time. Brakocevic has always been inconsistent but when she plays well she has been a huge part of the reason that Serbia has become a European power in the last 5-8 years. Furst has been amongst the world's elite MBs for a VERY long time and is on an entirely different level than Godze. Furst could easily select any professional team in the entire world if she wanted to.

No offense to Godzde but she's probably the most replaceable player on the team. In the sport of volleyball there is no way you can defend every attacker equally and you have to sacrifice certain things to cover for others. Godze has had the luxury of playing along side some of the top players in the entire world which gave her opportunities, which I will give her credit for taking advantage of, that allowed her to be successful. Outside of Kim she's the top player in the world?!! Huge exaggeration! I think if you saw her transferred to any other team where she would be more highly relied upon for offense and teams could focus better on defending her she would struggle. Vakif won't let her go because she is a good role player and with Turkish foreign restrictions it's imperative to keep top Turkish talent but her abilities don't merit at least as much as the amount Kim makes.

• Rabita extended Montaño's contract. And seems that Fe Garay is close to sign with them. Rabita is building a very strong-powerful team.

Source??

• As Matthias already mentioned Brakocevic and Furst are both VERY esteemed players and have been so for quite some time. Brakocevic has always been inconsistent but when she plays well she has been a huge part of the reason that Serbia has become a European power in the last 5-8 years. Furst has been amongst the world's elite MBs for a VERY long time and is on an entirely different level than Godze. Furst could easily select any professional team in the entire world if she wanted to.

No offense to Godzde but she's probably the most replaceable player on the team. In the sport of volleyball there is no way you can defend every attacker equally and you have to sacrifice certain things to cover for others. Godze has had the luxury of playing along side some of the top players in the entire world which gave her opportunities, which I will give her credit for taking advantage of, that allowed her to be successful. Outside of Kim she's the top player in the world?!! Huge exaggeration! I think if you saw her transferred to any other team where she would be more highly relied upon for offense and teams could focus better on defending her she would struggle. Vakif won't let her go because she is a good role player and with Turkish foreign restrictions it's imperative to keep top Turkish talent but her abilities don't merit at least as much as the amount Kim makes.

I really agree with Matthias and The USAFAN.
    Furst were the best blocker of many tournaments and she played great seasons with Bergamo and Pesaro before Vakif. Brako were MPV of Europen League and ECH. Maybe she isn't the best OPP in the world, but she has amazing abilities and is a consistent player for Serbia NT.
    About Gozde, she was amazing in the CL F4. But I believe that her performance was helped for the other great players of Vakif. When you have good attackers besides you it's more confortable to kill the balls.

• You got my words wrong. They were great, but, they were not being called by people as great before they were at Vakif.
    What I meant was that. For ex, today, Montano is being called great by people and everybody would like to transfer her to his/her team.
    For Furst, especially for Brakocevic, case wasn't same as Montano today. (I still don't think Brakocevic is great yet, she isn't a Montano nor a Kim, but, she is young enough.) Furst is great this year, I said it before she should have been MVP of Cev F4 (if Gozde isn't awarded as she is biggest contributer to the team.)

Yes, sure, they could achive successes in other clubs too, but, the cups are won by teams, individual awards are won by players. If Ozge and Neslihan were at Vakif this year instead of Brakocevic and Naz, Vakif could still win the cup. If we are to chose a player Vakif is dependent much, I can say it is only Gozde. Not that she plays great, but, she is captain of not only 12 players, but also 40 players of Vakif.

Fürst was best blocker of world at 2006 WCh and since then she is consistently among top 5 MBs in the world. The same for Brakoçeviç, you say you didn't watch 2011 so how can you dare to talk about the past of these players and say they don't have the value before they play at Vakıfbank. Moreover, Gözde played at that level thanks to the fact that Vakıfbank has other great attacker such as Glinka, Fürst and Brakoçeviç. Since they are more threatening, Gözde is not covered by opponent blocks. Furthermore, Naz is the one who deserves most credits on Gözde's performance. She made Gözde attack against single blocks many times. Gözde has never showed that high attacking percentage with her sister 8) The last thing about Gözde, she is not a very consistent player. She has never played 3 good match in a row in a tournament. She perform well this season because she doesnot play at every league match so she got many free weeks. .That's why Gözde cannot show the same performance in long lasts tournament as she did in the league, (OG, WCh for instance) You can not compare her with Kim or other high level players since she is sooo setter-dependent player. She cannot attack any other single set but fast ones :whistle:

• As Matthias already mentioned Brakocevic and Furst are both VERY esteemed players and have been so for quite some time. Brakocevic has always been inconsistent but when she plays well she has been a huge part of the reason that Serbia has become a European power in the last 5-8 years. Furst has been amongst the world's elite MBs for a VERY long time and is on an entirely different level than Godze. Furst could easily select any professional team in the entire world if she wanted to.

American mentality that has been spreaded all over the world, is that: "there are star players and there are role players around starts and stars win the golds."

I prefer team with all role players who are the ones who make a group of players a team, not the stars. Stars are usually just media made popular names and media usually make some "selected" players "names (pr reason, lobby, etc." Montano wasn't given MVP for this reason, Gozde wasn't given MVP because of lobby at CEV who wanted to steal the success/show and stole it from Vakif TEAM.

This is a team sport, not an individual sport like wrestling, weightlifting, etc. So, whoever is the best team wins the cups, not the stars.

I am exagerating Gozde? Not at all. In 2011, Vakif won Cev cl when there was no Furst, no Brakocevic AGAINST a team Fener with many international stars. It was a surprise? Not for me. Poljak was star then? Yes, she is always a star, she was being called much greater than Furst in 2011 when she was winning cup together with Vakif against Fener and Rabita then too. But, do we hear a lot about Poljak this last 2 years? No, why? Because her team is NOT a team. Vakif has been a team in 2011, in 2012 and 2013 too. Only team who was able to compete against Vakif in these last 3 years was Cannes because they performed as a team last year at the quarters against Vakif.

So, reason of success of Vakif is due to its TEAM character and only "role" players can make a group of players TEAMS and Gozde is the best at this in the world and this contribution in making a team is the most important criteria for me to call a player great and the best as the volley is a TEAM sport. Unless you people do not get this mentality, you won't accept Gozde as the best of the world, and CEV stole her deserved right MVP of CEV F4 in last 3 years twice. So, CEV has no credit in my eyes, they are a theft.

• I really don't agree with ErolGarip. Brakocevic definitely deserved the MVP award. But people here are also underrating Gözde. She's maybe not the best OH around the world but she's the best Turkish player at the moment. And it's not about having world stars beside her in the club team. She was the absolute MVP of European Olympic Qualifiers, was the best spiker of World Grand Prix (even though it was not played with the best squads). Even though she is a defensive OH, she was better than the offensive weapons Neriman & Neslihan at attacking in Olympics.

What I try to tell is, she's not the best player around the world but we have 3 foreign player rule in national league, so having Gözde in the team makes everything easier. :win: It is easier for Vakıfbank to replace her because we have Güldeniz, too but other teams can't tolerate that like Vakıfbank. You can see Esra Gümüş as an example. She's not enough for Eczacı at all.

• stars and role players are both important but in winning a championship id rather have a team of 3 stars, 2 role players than a team of 4 role players but only 1 star.

• So many bullshits in Transfer Topic.

Stop talk here about off topic who wants to read that and cares what You think.