Brazilian League 2013/2014

• Can you please translate this interview with Kristin? :D

http://www.voleiamil.com.br/noticias.aspx?not_id=79

Borned in Orem (Utah), USA, formed in Arts with a degree in Urban Studies at Stanford University, one of the most respected in the world, Kristin Hildebrand came to Volei Amil in the second semester of 2013; In short time, she adapted and won the affection of the fans who call her Kristin, and even Kris.

Captain of the U.S. team, she plays volleyball since she is eight, and some of her favorite hobbies are photography, sleeping, reading and spending time with friends. Besides learning to speak Portuguese, Kristin is fluent in English, Spanish, Italian and Russian. Below is the talk we had with our number 5 about what she is thinking of Brazil.

How do you evaluates the beginning of season in Volei Amil?

"The beginning of championship with Volei Amil was really good. Of course it was a little challenging for us to have six of our players away from the Arena for nearly a month, in Japan, for the Grand Champions Cup - and after a long tournament, we came back immediately to play in the semifinals of the Paulista Championship. But, as a team, we played well and, more important than that, we know how big is our potential. We lost a very hard game against Molico in Arena Amil, but end the year of 2013 with an excelent win against Unilever, away from home. If we can keep growing as a team, we have big chances to win Superliga."

How was your rapport with the athletes and coaching staff Volei Amil?

"My rapport with my teammates inside court and the coaching staff was really easy, cause they are wonderfull people and it is excelent to work with each and everyone of these people."

About Brazil, how was your adaptation to the country and the city of Campinas?

"I'm loving living in Brazil. I love that we are in summer (while it's winter in my country) and I also love the food. I'm super excited to get to spend more time here and learn about the culture of the country and the city."

When you were with your family, what did you say about the Volei Amil and Brazil?

"I told everyone in the U.S. that have the best job in the world. I play with some of the best athletes on the planet and have the opportunity to learn from great coaches like Ze Roberto and his coaching staff."

Comparing to the other league you've played, in other countries, how would you rate the Superliga?

"Superliga is one of the strongest tournaments I've ever played in my life! I've been in Italy, Russia, Azerbaijan and Turkey ... and I believe the championship in Brazil is the most balanced."

What are your expectations for 2014?

"In 2014? The Volei Amil has enormous potential, and I want and believe we can win the Superliga!"

• joana, how old is the player named andrea laurence? i like her performance so far :win:

• Oh I haven't see this thanks Joana :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• joana, how old is the player named andrea laurence? i like her performance so far :win:

She has been playing quite well indeed. Unfortunately she is not so young anymore. Andréia complete name is Andréia Sforzin Laurence. She is 30 years old. Andréia actually started her career playing as a MB, she played under the name Andréia Sforzin.. (maybe you can find more news under that name) . She played many years in that position. She was a good player, but never as effective as she has been as OH. Maybe if she had thought about playing as OH before..could have been better for her. anyway...she is very experient now and helps a lot Pinheiros, cause its such a young group. But they are doing quite well overall..hard team to beat. :drink:

• it's clear Bosetti improvement :super:
    she was MVP of the hard match tonight against Rio do Sul
    1 x 3 (19-21, 22-20, 21-23, 18-21)

8| Such a close game for Osasco! Too bad I've missed it!! :aww:

• It's funny how Rio do Sul is a really weak team but they just go all in against the main teams. They beat Unilever earlier in the tournament and now they had chances to at least go to a tie break against Molico/Osasco (they had set point in 3rd set but lost).

And Sanja did a terrible job last night...only 3 points. She was blocked a lot of times and her passing was horrible...
    At least Osasco has a good player on the bench (Gabi).

• What a great match Amil - Pinheros! Amil won 3-0 but it was very exciting.. Pinheros have a very good defense.. Hey you guys wasn't Samara a promising young OH, what happened to her.. any chances for NT?!

I don't think so...I know she was MVP once (right?), but her attack hasn't improved a lot. She basically has only nice receiving.

• Joana, regarding the 3 coaches bernardinho, ze Roberto and luizomar what are the specific volleyball skills can a young player like sanja or an established player be an expert at if they play for them for at least 3 seasons? :win:

• I'm sorry for being in the middle...I know Joana was asked, but I would definitely say that with Bernardo, the reception can improve A LOT. With Zé, block would improve (and also defense tactics). With Luizomar, they just lose some of their skills...he is not a good coach.

• wait lose some of their skills but then why are carvalho and thaisa still very good players? ?(

Because they are awesome players independent of which team they playing in. I actually think Sheilla isn't having great seasons after she was transferred to Osasco.
    Of course I exaggerated about losing some of their skills, this won't happen, but Luizomar is definetely not a good coach or teacher for senior players. He can be good with young NTs, but with established players I can't think of any skills that can be learned from Luizomar. That's what I mean.

• IMO... :)

Well...I think Luizomar is not very respected among brazilians I think. Specially among Osasco fans, they dont relaly like his habilities...But I think honestly that he is a good coach. Ok, maybe he doesnt have the same quality as Bernardo and Zé...well..not maybe...he doesnt. But he knows how to unite the group..and he respect the space from the players..and for that I think his players respect him.

In Zé case...for example...is not exacly like that...at least from what've heard here and there from some players and people close to them...they dont really "love" Zé..if we could put like that. Cause he already took a lot to press and this and that. But with no doubts he is an incredible trainning coach. And players know that. He can take a team with great players and make them play really well! He can balance tatic and technical parts very well.

For Bernardinho I think his main skill..or at least for what he is best know also is that he can take the best from some players that maybe you will never imagine...so he can take a group of player that in theory are not the bests..and make them champions. I agree with Sidney that him and his staff work very well reception and defense..he is really demanding in making few errors as well...so maybe that is why he is most successfull when he has players with potencial in that area.

So that is my opinion.. :)

• Blocking tactics is also a main characteristic of Bernardo's teams. Don't forget Thaísa and Fabiana were "created" by Bernardo 8 to 10 years ago.
    Luizomar is lucky rather than anything else (lucky to always have top players in his team). Last year's Osasco would probably never lose the Superliga final match if Bernardo or Zé Roberto was the coach.

• I"ll add that both coaches are stubborn making their top players play even in minor tournaments althougg that is also the reason why those they handle continue to be on top or near it for years unlike some who will have a peak but then fall of a cliff in just a few years.

Now regarding "creations" who are the members of the gold medal winning team that are created by those 2?

• I"ll add that both coaches are stubborn making their top players play even in minor tournaments althougg that is also the reason why those they handle continue to be on top or near it for years unlike some who will have a peak but then fall of a cliff in just a few years.

Now regarding "creations" who are the members of the gold medal winning team that are created by those 2?

Well, if I remember well... dont think Zé was responsable for "creating" none of the last gold medal winners.

Dani Lins, Fabiana, Thaisa arrived to Nt first time under the coaching of Bernardo in club.

Garay was created in Minas...and than she left Brazil...same for Sheilla..before she went to Pesaro...but I guess you could say she really grew as a player in Italy. Jaque was created in Osasco....but I guess you could say she really reached her reception quality playing with Bernardo as well.

EDIt: Actually, FAbiana was rased in Minas as well..but I guess you could say she really grow as a player to become one of the bests MB in the world with Bernardo. She was too young in Minas.

Mari is the real creation from Zé.