Alassio Cup 2013

• Caracuta is playing quite good. She turned the game! Much better than Signorile till now!

• I just notice that Sorokaite's face reminds me Togut :whistle:

• Star of the game finished it as expected, Özge :mad:

• What've happened to Ozge? She was not like that, in Vakifbank I remember her making some good games, but she is coming from a very poor year.

Or the referees are to demanding on her?

• What've happened to Ozge? She was not like that, in Vakifbank I remember her making some good games, but she is coming from a very poor year.

This is DEFINITELY not a referee problem.

She had indeed some good matches in Vakifbank in 2010/11, but probably those were the big exception. Performances like today happen much more often for her. If Barbolini has any brains and guts, he should call Asuman as backup for Naz as soon as there will be important tournaments for Turkey!

• This is DEFINITELY not a referee problem.

She had indeed some good matches in Vakifbank in 2010/11, but probably those were the big exception. Performances like today happen much more often for her. If Barbolini has any brains and guts, he should call Asuman as backup for Naz as soon as there will be important tournaments for Turkey!

I fell bad for Ozge, I wished she could come back to the same level she played in Vakif.

and, yeah I agree I think Asuman should've been there as well. She is definelty in better shape right now than Ozge. And she is so young also, I think would be better for Turkey.

• Congrats Italy!
    Finally a good match with a good setter, Caracuta! :win:
    I've been especially well impressed by Gennari's courage and variety of attacks!
    Disappointing as always Sorokaite and Signorile :down: their level is too low for Italy NT :whistling:

:obey: LUCIA BOSETTI

• I give as example US Team....how many high level players they have, all perfectly prepared to enter the first team. I think Much of that cause they all at some point received a good opportunity to actually play tournaments.....

Aside for planning for the future by using new players, there's also a very good reason why USA doesn't send usual starters to all tournaments. There's the human element -- athlete's bodies can only take so much punishment, and hearts and minds can only take so much time away from home. No domestic pro league means 6-8 months out of the year, USA's players are already in a foreign country, away from family and friends. Sending the same players tournament after tournament will also risk running them into the ground with injuries and burnout. Coaches and players have to work together to find the right balance. :)

I thought the referee called it fairly. If anything, it could have been called even more strictly. :white:

Anyway, congrats to Italy. I kind of felt bad for them losing in 5 sets yesterday, so it's good of them to get the win today :)

• Özge played a good first set today, technically and tactically. She made good choices and her sets were fast and accurate. But as soon as Italy started to play better, she completely lost track, she returned to Russian setting style with very poor quality, attackers had so many problems because of her sets. I'm sure if it had been about winning, Naz would have played much more today, but obviously Barbolini wants to see all of "his" new players and evaluate performances from longer times, even when they play bad. But Özge certainly didn't recommend herself for higher tasks today.