Bulgarian Superliga 2013/2014

• 24-March

Neftochimik 2010 - Marek Union-Ivkoni 0-3 (0-2) (24-26, 18-25, 16-25)
    Dobrudzha 07 - Levski Ball 2-3 (0-2) (19-25, 25-22, 33-35, 25-22, 10-15)

Marek and Levski complete the semifinal list. The ties are:

Marek Union-Ivkoni vs. CSKA
    Coco Volley Club Gabrovo vs. Levski Ball

The first games are on Monday, 31st March.

• Semifinal playoffs:

01-April

Marek Union-Ivkoni - CSKA 3-0 (1-0) (25-20, 25-22, 25-22) stats
    Coco Volley Club Gabrovo - Levski Ball 0-3 (0-1) (21-25, 21-25, 19-25) stats

The next games are on Friday.

• Levski beat Gabrovo 3:2 and is in final with Marek. Gabrovo has the best selection, but Levski has an Italian coach, Krnic and Simeon Aleksandrov who should go to a big team already.

• Simeon Aleksandrov has scored 108pts in 17 sets in playoffs, and he recieved 109 serves!

http://www.bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/20898.pdf
    http://www.bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/20900.pdf
    http://www.bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/21077.pdf
    http://www.bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/21079.pdf

He is mostly spiking vs double and triple blocks for counter attacks or sideout after bad reception.

• 04-April

Levski Ball - Coco Volley Club Gabrovo 3-2 (2-0) (25-16, 25-27, 22-25, 25-19, 15-12) stats
    CSKA - Marek Union-Ivkoni 0-3 (0-2) (18-25, 23-25, 20-25) stats

As already said, Marek, quite expectedly, and Levski, a bit surprisingly due to the start of the season, made it to the final. We've talked about Levski's transformation during the winter, so it is a fair result, especially as we have to mention how poor Gabrovo have been. Many people are wondering when they will finally get rid of Gerassimov, it is clear he is not a top coach. Funny thing, the final playoffs will be held in Sofia, in the very same sports hall in which we had the Cup finals and which Levski are using for their home games. The first match is on Friday, 11th April.

• In defense of Levski, all teams knew in the beginning of the season that the team will use Hristo Botev to play matches and there were no objections then.

• I am not choosing a side in this controversy, but we all know about the Federation's (and the League's respectively) last-minute decisions. Yes, Marek have a small sports hall, but they should've been allowed to play in Samokov, based on their alternative choice as regular season winners. You can't change the championship rules in the last minute and assign the two or three final games in a new (supposedly neutral) venue days before the season closure. If Marek have clearly and legitimately asked for Samokov, the League Management should've accepted the proposal.

• You are right about that, Yavor. We have very ignorant and corrupt Federation.

• Krnić is setting very good, quite fast balls and with lot of selfconfidence. Can't remember when I saw him playing like that... I still have image of him in Beauvais, simply tragic

Btw. Alexandrov :obey: NT material, even for 1st team :whistle: but very shaky

• crazy 4th set :rolll: :obey: Marek led 19:13 and barely won 27:25, Levski had 2 set balls :rolll: Lalov made a stupid mistake @25:25 on easy float serve :aww: last point looked abit doubtful, I think Marek player had double touch but ref remained silent... all in all I'm watching next match for sure :whistle:

• Levski is not balanced like Marek unfortunately - weak libero, Aleksandar Simeonov not in shape, the second MB is not good enough. Krnic didn't pass well enough to MB's yesterday in my opinion, and the two big guns in attack can't cover every pozition from defense and reception to spiking. Simeon Aleksandrov is not a robot, they need to cover him in reception if they want him to spike all crucial points for victory.

• crazy 4th set :rolll: :obey: Marek led 19:13 and barely won 27:25, Levski had 2 set balls :rolll: Lalov made a stupid mistake @25:25 on easy float serve :aww: last point looked abit doubtful, I think Marek player had double touch but ref remained silent... all in all I'm watching next match for sure :whistle:

I am glad you watch our final :) Did you like some players from both teams?

• I am glad you watch our final :) Did you like some players from both teams?

Alexandrov was impressive but after losing 3rd set he simply vanished... he has huge potential IMO, he is young so I can ignore his shaky performance after 3rd set ;) It was good to see Mylakov and Tsvetanov playing again, both r great players and Mylakov impressed me :whistle: Krnićhad decent match, surprisingly good. On Marek side i have to say tha Gjorgiev is a fantastic player :win: precise and fast setting, great block (especially 1v1) and for me he is Marek key player. I remember Velichkov form Junior ECH in Gdynia, showed nothing so it was unpleasant surprise to see him in starting lineup. Naydenov made good decision by putting Velkov in :thumbup:

• Final:

11-April

"Hristo Botev" sports hall, Sofia

Marek Union-Ivkoni - Levski Ball 3-1 (1-0) (17-25, 25-21, 25-20, 27-25) stats

The second game is in the same sports hall on Monday, 14th April.

• Simeon Aleksandrov best scorer while receiving 35 times out of 79! Aleksandar Simeonov was well covered in reception with only 9 reception so he could do so much better in attack :obey:

• I was wrong :!: :!: :!: ...... Marek champion! Congratulations :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :flower: :flower:

• I couldn't watch the match, I was on work. Pretty close and equal game as points though. The final shoud have been 3 out of 5 matches.