Italy - SuperLega Unipol Sai 2014-2015

• Great game by Trento.. they started quite slow, Modena played great but then Lanza woke up a bit and Birarelli too, especially in block. Modena had too much hurry to close the game, they had their opportunities and maybe with more simple things they could have won it in 3 or 4... Giannelli made a brilliant match! Djuric played really well too, Solè was not so present.
    On the other side Modena's MBs were invisible: Verhees had some nice spikes but no blocks, I remember just one point from Piano! :white: Petric was superb so Ngapeth, but his level decreased in the last two sets!

If Djuric did not make many errors ( 8 ), he could have won the MVP.

Solè played very well for almost tournament, but not in playoff :( wake up plz, Trento need his block in middle so much

According to the stats, Verhees got 1 block and zero for Piano :what:

Ngapeth impressed me by his defense and Petrick spiked very powerful tonight ( 65% )

• And who scored the point at the end of the third set from the sixth meter against the block? :D

Btw, I don't like Ngapeth's attitude, but more annoying was the offensive skill and intelligence of Petric, who was flawless in attack.

• I am rather talking about his overall "attitude". just not my taste of player and i am not specifically talking about his volleyball skills. He makes Cristiano Ronaldo look like a humble " role model "of a team player.

Congrats trento, by the way.....

Agree on his attitude issue. Ngapeth is very talented, but sometimes he likes to show off his talent too much during a match, and makes faults. This is one factor about his occasional instability, and a hindrance to becoming a legendary player.

On the other hand, Ngapeth must like Bruno a lot. Bruno really fully exploits Ngapeth's talent, and gives him room to show off his talent on court. The duo often makes a lot of spectacular aka magical play, that makes me interested in watching games of Modena recently :roll:

• He meant something else, Andrea :)

• Giannelli was the X-factor of the game. He somehow woke up Trentino. Also Kaziyski was the leader in crunch time.
    I must admit that I was never a fan of Matey, mostly because he was a mediocre to bad receiver. But this season he has improved his reception skills a lot. Good for him.

• And who scored the point at the end of the third set from the sixth meter against the block? :D

Btw, I don't like Ngapeth's attitude, but more annoying was the offensive skill and intelligence of Petric, who was flawless in attack.

Yes. Serbia this year may be a bit better off than previous years. The improvement of Petric as an all-rounder OH could be crucial to the team.

• Montas, in Bulgaria nobody wants to learn ball control, Matey started late with the proper training, there is no system here, everybody trains for opposite and some are LATER switched to receivers. They don't start early to play /Matey started, though/ because if you are not 2.00m at least you will not play, they are recruted in 13-14-16th year. Except for Konstantinov, I can't remember one decent Bulgarian player in reception since 2004.

• Plamen was the best receiver with a height above 2.00m I've ever seen in the last 12 years I've been following the sport. He could send the ball wherever the setter wanted. His technique was amazing.
    One of the best all-around OH and I had the pleasure to watch him playing for Iraklis for two seasons.

• Giannelli was the X-factor of the game. He somehow woke up Trentino. Also Kaziyski was the leader in crunch time.
    I must admit that I was never a fan of Matey, mostly because he was a mediocre to bad reciever. But this season he has improved his reception skills a lot. Good for him

There was this moment when our tv commentator took the score sheet in front of the camera and tore it to pieces. That sums up this match.

The Kaiser is Klutch. His reception, today... good enough when it mattered most.
    It's strange to hear that "nobody wants to learn ball control" and only tall teenagers are recruited. I thought that volleyball was very popular in Bulgaria.
    Montas :hit: You aren't a fan of Kaziyski??!

Giannelli was capable of handling the pressure and the difficulty of a final. He is 18. Only time will tell, we may have found our backup National setter for many years to come.

• bad mood.... BAD MOOD..... I don't know what else I may say :wall: :wall: :wall:

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Chagrin, volleyball is popular, but education is not popular among proffessional sportsmen.

• REALLY? Trentino won it? I've seen a score after two sets and I thought "Nah, Verona won both sets only with 25 points, it's going to be a quick match", but a few minutes ago I saw a pic on their Instagram profile. Anyway - very good work! ;)

Sorry Mamdani.

• Verona won both sets only with 25 points, it's going to be a quick match",

Verona What? :hit:

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Oh God, what I just wrote? :aww: Of course I thought about Modena. I'm really sorry :D

You're forgiven pal, due to defeats of Skra and Modena, it's not a good evening both for you and for me. So let's console ourselves mutually :drink:

• It's strange to hear that "nobody wants to learn ball control" and only tall teenagers are recruited. I thought that volleyball was very popular in Bulgaria.
    Montas :hit: You aren't a fan of Kaziyski??!

Let me intrude before it gets too late. You guys are new here, so you probably don't know most of our "experts" here :) Of course they teach ball control in Bulgaria. The user who wrote this has probably never been member of any volleyball club in the country, so I think it's quite brave of him to insert such titles. Also, staying here in the inside forum for a while, you will get an idea of the type of comments he usually writes.

A bit off-topic, sorry for that. They teach ball control in Bulgaria and there are schools at which they teach it quite well. However, it is a totally different topic whether Bulgaria can find a decent receiver. Bulgaria's stronger elements are attack and block, but for reception you need a special kind of talent that is much more difficult to develop or obtain. Probably rare in our small country. Yes, Konstantinov was a splendid receiver. I believe Nikolay Penchev is doing a good job nowadays. There are also some youngsters in the league who seem to be doing fine for the time being. Whether someone likes Kaziyski or not is a problem of their own. Everyone can have different favourite players, but you have to admit the qualities/class of those who have them. Matey might not be an amazing receiver, but he is surely not below middle level. And last night you saw what he does best. Therefore, the post originally quoted above sounds like "I don't like Messi because he cannot play with his right foot". My personal opinion :)

I like Simone Giannelli. Trentino's youth squads seem to function just fine. Gianluca Galassi (I watched him 2-3 weeks ago at the ECH in Turkey), MB, U19 NT, is someone I expect to see in the men's squad soon as well.

• After match finnish, I log in here and did not see ur comment as every Modena match before :D

Keep calm and Forza Modena!!! :box:

• Trento's supporters are a shame for the entire Italian League, and a damage for our image.
    This is the first final in which i didn't see a sold-out(and i follow volleyball since 2002)....only 3500 spectators out of 4300, which is the real possibility of their arena.
    Wordless....

About the match, i think Modena threw away a big big chance. They showed all their unexperience, but i'm confident on a revenge. I think the title will go to Modena after game-5, as we did 6 years ago again versus Trento

• Let me intrude before it gets too late. You guys are new here, so you probably don't know most of our "experts" here :) Of course they teach ball control in Bulgaria. The user who wrote this has probably never been member of any volleyball club in the country, so I think it's quite brave of him to insert such titles. Also, staying here in the inside forum for a while, you will get an idea of the type of comments he usually writes.

A bit off-topic, sorry for that. They teach ball control in Bulgaria and there are schools at which they teach it quite well. However, it is a totally different topic whether Bulgaria can find a decent receiver. Bulgaria's stronger elements are attack and block, but for reception you need a special kind of talent that is much more difficult to develop or obtain. Probably rare in our small country. Yes, Konstantinov was a splendid receiver. I believe Nikolay Penchev is doing a good job nowadays. There are also some youngsters in the league who seem to be doing fine for the time being. Whether someone likes Kaziyski or not is a problem of their own. Everyone can have different favourite players, but you have to admit the qualities/class of those who have them. Matey might not be an amazing receiver, but he is surely not below middle level. And last night you saw what he does best. Therefore, the post originally quoted above sounds like "I don't like Messi because he cannot play with his right foot". My personal opinion :)

I like Simone Giannelli. Trentino's youth squads seem to function just fine. Gianluca Galassi (I watched him 2-3 weeks ago at the ECH in Turkey), MB, U19 NT, is someone I expect to see in the men's squad soon as well.

Yavor, you are moderator here. You should not write offensive things to other forum members here. The opinion I shared was also shared by the italian coach of Levski a year ago - http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?news=442082. Could you please rewrite the offensive part or stop being moderator here?

Btw,Only verly limited intelectually people think that not playing one sport means you can not analyze it.

P.S. As I am sure you are all very good at google bulgarian, here is a piece:

- Как ви се струват младите играчи на Левски след една седмица работа с тима? - Искам момчетата да разберат, че във волейбола не може само да се напада. Сега те знаят да правят само това, но има други елементи като посрещане и разпределяне и ни предстои доста работа. Във волейбола се започва първо с основните неща, като посрещане отдолу и правилно подаване и разпределяне на топката. Знам, че това не им харесва чак толкова, защото не се забавляват ...

Прочети повече на: http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?news=442082