CEV EuroLeague - 2016 | 6 | 3

• I like the presence of Albania and Luxembourg, we'll see this way how far they have reached. A good way to extend the volleyball map inside Europe. We've also seen Azerbaijan and Great Britain take part over the years. But what's with Croatia, Romania, Israel, Sweden, Latvia, Hungary, even Bosnia and Herzegovina? And what happened to the Poland B project?

• Project Poland B-C for the year has been canceled.

Bulgaria is here.. is that for You suprise?
    Do You expect to see Bulgaria as Champion of the edition?
    When did You win Gold Medal last time?

• Project Poland B-C for the year has been canceled.

Bulgaria is here.. is that for You suprise?
    Do You expect to see Bulgaria as Champion of the edition?
    When did You win Gold Medal last time?

No, it is not a surprise. I wrote it already in the NT thread, Konstantinov wanted to give international play time to those who rarely make it to the senior team, that's why he has been talking about the European League since he was appointed as a head coach. Last year's European Games was the reason Bulgaria didn't apply for the 2015 edition. The idea to have two groups of "national" teams is not bad, that's why I am surprised few European countries apply it. And I don't understand why they cancelled it in Poland. After all, they can make 2-3 very competitive teams.

As for the tournament itself, it would surely be Bulgaria's B team. I don't think it will be a squad as strong as the one at the European Games. I expect more youngsters and guys from our national championship. Estonia is the other main contender for the first place, but FYROM could make a surprise as well. The point is not to definitely win the competition, but rather for potential NT members to grow and get some experience. We'll see how that goes.

Well, I think the topic of what Bulgaria has ever won in volleyball is quite popular, we've had it several times. Let me give you the answer straight as I don't know if you are asking seriously. On men's level - 0 gold medals for the senior national team, 1 gold for the juniors at the 1991 WCH.

• Poland didn't cancel the project. Poland was not awarded a place in 2016 EL - at least that's what I have read on the Polish Volleyball Association website. CEV gave priority to the teams that do not take part in other international competitions (WL, OG)

• I like the presence of Albania and Luxembourg, we'll see this way how far they have reached. A good way to extend the volleyball map inside Europe. We've also seen Azerbaijan and Great Britain take part over the years. But what's with Croatia, Romania, Israel, Sweden, Latvia, Hungary, even Bosnia and Herzegovina? And what happened to the Poland B project?

I can only speak about Croatia... this is disappointing and humiliating decision from our Federation. We played on ECH after direct qualification from tough group (Montenegro, The Netherlands, Romania) and year later we wont play EL. This is twilight for men volley in Croatia. We cant be consistent team without playing EL...

Regarding competition itself, it's probably the weakest EL edition ever. I doubt we will see good matches until finals between Estonia and Macedonia

• Bulgarian media claim that the finals of the men's European League will be held in Varna, Bulgaria. Varna will also host the first tournament of Bulgaria's group, the second one will be in Macedonia.

• Joke competition :rolll: Watching Macedonia - Denmark, after 3rd set MKD have 35 errors. They play with libero or 2nd setter as OH and Denmark can't handle that. 2 Macedonian players serving from the ground :obey: respect for their fighting spirit but this is a joke

• Denmark almost beat Bulgaria..

Denmark so strong or Bulgaria B so..

The level wasn't as high as expected. Denmark, even with some players missing, is not that bad. They also made Macedonia sweat. Bulgaria's B team could've enjoyed a better weekend but the main point is for them to experience and learn from these matches. There were some squad changes Miro Zhivkov made against Macedonia, Chernokozhev was left on the bench, that's the advantage of being the host of the finals and knowing that they will play there whatever they do now. It was a good occasion to see all players on the court. But the overall level by Bulgaria's B team wasn't spectacular and I would not put them among the favourites even if I initially thought they might prevail. Surely Estonia, as well as Austria and even Macedonia seem to have better chances to win the league.

• Macedonia miss 6-7 players, libero Mihailov playing as OH, his sub is Gjorgi Gjorgiev. Enough said. Denmark isn't missing any key player and managed to lose vs Gjorgiev. This EL edition is the worst by far

• Macedonia miss 6-7 players, libero Mihailov playing as OH, his sub is Gjorgi Gjorgiev. Enough said. Denmark isn't missing any key player and managed to lose vs Gjorgiev. This EL edition is the worst by far

Ditlevsen, Knudsen? This is also a bit modified Danish team.

True, this year's edition is not impressive. But if the WL is continuously expanding and middle European teams are reluctant to participate in the European League, then it could only get worse, of course.