Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2019/20

• And Schwerin takes 1st set. Pogany wants to keep her place as main libero and plays very solid, Barfield very effective in the middle, Szakmary and Adams good from 4 and Bongaerts with good distribution. Stuttgart isn't even bad, Schwerin simply better so far.

• First set goes to Schwerin! Barfield is doing a nice job. She is a real threat at the net, so Bongaerts has a chance to put the hitters against one blocker. Lazovic is the weak link for Stuttgart, she isn't good enough in both attack and defense.

• I'm surprised by van Gestel! She is doing a really nice job in every aspect of the game. Right now she is the best player for Stuttgart. They should try Thompson instead of Lazic.

Bongaerts indeed is doing really good:super:

• 2 bad calls by the referee right now!:gone:

• Really tight match and a good level! Good move bringing in Thompson.

• Cansu isn't setting the middles much and when she does, the sets aren't good. I'm curious what Kästner can do against with the team.

• Bongaerts is giving a lesson to Cansu today. That connection with Adams :obey::obey::obey:

And I want to mention again that Pogany is playing really well in all elements! Not sure what Wong-Orantes is supposed to be able to add to the team if Pogany can keep this up...

• Pogany gets everything of the ground right now!!!:white::super:

• Congrats Schwerin, a deserved win! Everyone played good today, even Dumancic did a good job. A point of improvement is to keep the receiving on a good level for the whole match. Outside hitters for Stuttgart are to unstable. My MVP for today is Bongaerts!:flower:

• Supercup match

Schwerin - Stuttgart 3:1 (25:22 31:33 25:19 25:18)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2019-20/Women/9001.pdf

MVP: McKenzie Adams

Stuttgart was better in block, but couldn't create much pressure on serve, so Schwerin received very well and Bongaerts could shine. OTOH Cansu was shaky, made poor choices and also lacked precision in the long run.

• Probably Pia is more injury that they think and maybe even end of season.

Actually the article says that probably she'll be out until the end of the year ("out" meaning she can do only limited training and can't play) and it's uncertain how quick she'll recover. Stuttgart invited Italian setter Sofia Turlà to tryout training as possible replacement until January.