Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• at least Saga's twitter is feeding me some live scores and short crowds angle video:S

oh, how's going?

• Saga-Ok

1st (18-25)

2nd (25-20)

3rd (9-7)..

LOL on that set 2 business. Hope that's all it is, Not match curse

• So the NoSmilers get Toray in the SF. Gulp. I love the NoSmilers but they're playing at a level that meets SAGA in a Tie Break. That's not good enough to beat Toray :rolll:

I'm a bit surprised by JT over NEC like that. NEC is punching above their weight, and JT seems fairly stable (because they are deep) except for their two main OHs under-performing a bit, but I thought maybe NEC was the team that just had JT's number. End of comment.

Denso has a reputation of being Empress Cup spoiler so we'll see how they do against the JT firepower.

[Edit] well, we won't get to see it ;(

• Damn dude :!::woohoo:

• sakakibara isn’t cutting it for me. I think JT can do better with Thatdao :/

I was surprised to see her in the starting lineup these past two games. She's still a fresh outta high school kid. I think this tells us Thatdao must be nursing an injury or something. No reason to not play her if she's healthy.

This analyst view made me feel better about Mizaki Tanaka. Not that she had a monster game but I like the way she prowls the floor and she seems quite strong in attack. Not enough back court prompts from her or Hayashi. I think they are both excellent from back court.

On the NEC side, they should have stuck with Sawada and let the middle blockers win the game. They were scoring a lot (even Yamada!) and that makes them great decoys for the super cool combos Sawada can do sending them wide with the OP cutting inside. That's a gorgeous play.

• I was surprised to see her in the starting lineup these past two games. She's still a fresh outta high school kid. I think this tells us Thatdao must be nursing an injury or something. No reason to not play her if she's healthy.

This analyst view made me feel better about Mizaki Tanaka. Not that she had a monster game but I like the way she prowls the floor and she seems quite strong in attack. Not enough back court prompts from her or Hayashi. I think they are both excellent from back court.

On the NEC side, they should have stuck with Sawada and let the middle blockers win the game. They were scoring a lot (even Yamada!) and that makes them great decoys for the super cool combos Sawada can do sending them wide with the OP cutting inside. That's a gorgeous play.

shimamura is such a tank. Really effective.

sakakibara is late a whole lot of the time in blocking the wing. There were multiple neri one-on-one’s with Drews and she just hammered that crosscourt. Thatdao is so much better with that. I hope this injury isn’t serious and that she’ll finally see action January.

• I hope the Coach Werka dude posts the SAGA NoSmiler match. He could use a picture of Foluke to sell it :) . He used Kaneda for the Annie / NoSmilers but couldn't come up with a Himeji human :rolll:

I'm loving these edited analyst view matches. Ten minutes per set! and you get to see all kinds of different aspects of the game.

• I hope the Coach Werka dude posts the SAGA NoSmiler match. He could use a picture of Foluke to sell it :) . He used Kaneda for the Annie / NoSmilers but couldn't come up with a Himeji human :rolll:

I'm loving these edited analyst view matches. Ten minutes per set! and you get to see all kinds of different aspects of the game.

I'll make sure to put in a word. The werka brand is run by multiple Annie stans you know. :rolll: Apologies for the Himeji file. That's the best we could do.