Italy - Superlega 2020-2021

• I did forget about Lube's european bubble. Maybe they got tired or something. They didn't play against Arkaspor but the two games vs Perugia and Tours could've exhausted them especially Juantorena.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Grozer with a positive corona test.

Kind of a mess for Piacenza because they are not able to rely on their new players (Finger and Mousavi) for the Bluvolley Verona first round rescheduled match.

Totally. Piacenza took a big risk signing Grozer (500.000€/season according to La Gazzetta) this season after all the injuries he had the previous years. No doubt he is one of the best if not the best opposite if he is healthy but he is 36 years old. Finger scored 18 points, at least they have a reserve opposite and they don´t have to use Antonov or Russell in that position.

Michieletto deserves to go with the NT to the Olympic Games next summer. He is so young but he is doing a great job in Trento. Juantorena, Lanza, Michieletto and ¿? (should be Lavia or Randazzo) considering they will go with two liberos.

• Totally. Piacenza took a big risk signing Grozer (500.000€/season according to La Gazzetta) this season after all the injuries he had the previous years. No doubt he is one of the best if not the best opposite if he is healthy but he is 36 years old. Finger scored 18 points, at least they have a reserve opposite and they don´t have to use Antonov or Russell in that position.

Michieletto deserves to go with the NT to the Olympic Games next summer. He is so young but he is doing a great job in Trento. Juantorena, Lanza, Michieletto and ¿? (should be Lavia or Randazzo) considering they will go with two liberos.

Thank God Piacenza's sponsor isn't short on cash because other teams would've given up with the amount of money they invested on Grozer.

Unfortunately, the wage of Grozer which is even higher than Russell's could have afforded them Giannelli( if they really wanted to plus the 1 million buy out to ensure their club's future because an italian setter of that quality is just insane dollar value, Hierezuello isn't bad but Baranowicz being italian allows them to have a foreign MB) or have a much better and more experienced libero than Scanferla.

It's really a mistake on roster construction on the part of Piacenza. I love Grozer but even if you score 30 pts, if he can't do it consistently or not become available every game, that 500K euro can be too large to digest even if you have a very rich sponsor to take care of things financially without question.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Also, Russell and Kovacevic survived with Vettori as opposite.

Clevenot is actually a good OH comparable to both with better technical skills, Piacenza could've gone for someone between the level of Grozer and Vettori and in my opinion, they would have been more than fine.

Cisterna isn't that much nowadays but Finger's performance was good for a newcomer although I still have questions with his quality as he's not an absolute starter in his former clubs.

#FreeBritney

• I actually forgot Verona can't play with Mads Jensen(unregistered like Finger and Mousavi when the game was first postponed) and Kimerov(severe covid) as well so Piacenza and Verona have to play with receivers as OP.

#FreeBritney

• A nail-biter win for Piacenza.

• Piacenza and Verona almost had similar stats on the wing front but the former were much better on blocking.

Piacenza is still pathetic with their defense. So much lapses. I don't even have any idea what happened to both Clevenot and Antonov on the Scanferla dig but then again Scanferla made a mistake on not communicating he made a big save. Antonov with the biggest brainfart on that rotation. The fact he forgot there's no setter to pass a pipe for him is just ridiculous.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• It seems like eleven sports italia stopped putting the livestreams of the matches for free to their youtube channel but luckily for us, the match replays on elevensports.it updated and placed the new games very quickly to their repliche catalogue.

#FreeBritney

• According to GLP's blog, there will be no relegation for this season, however promotion from A2 is still up in the air.

Seems like no team wants to move up.

A new and shorter playoff format is probably also going to be announced soon.

#FreeBritney

• Piacenza just keep embarrassing themselves on court. This team needs better libero. Clevenot is not a bad passer but he couldn’t carry his team defensively. Russell and the libero are just too bad in this area. Setter is the problem too.

• Posted on dal15al25 (please correct me if i am wrong, google translate)

Piacenza is looking at some names (lol).

Brizard, Leal and Zaytsev.

Also, looking for a Libero

• Do you mean next season?

Oh, I thought for this season.

• I don't see how Leal will improve Piacenza.

IMO, the strongest part of Lube is on top of the net . Simon is one of the best centrals of the world. I guess if the bond is strong enough with the two cubans, they can come as one package.

#FreeBritney

• Another positive corona test from Piacenza.

They didn't say the name but my guess it is Candellaro as Tondo played as sub last match.

It'll be a disaster for Piacenza if it were among the titulars especially Russell as he is carrying the offense of the team without Grozer.

Better to have the games postponed for them with more positives than just one if Grozer can't return to the court yet.

#FreeBritney