Turkey- Efeler Ligi 2021/22

• Do you think he will be better than Teppan? Teppan had ups and downs

I think Teppan was good. I am not sure how Wendt will perform, but I liked him when he played for Milli Piyango, they almost eliminated Fenerbahce in quarter finals, If I recall correct.

I like Tokat a lot, they have a young coach who tries his best despite financial difficulties. I think Teppan did his part, Melo is the one who is not delivering what he should. He did great in his first season in Bursa, but has been dealing with injuries since. MBs are also problematic. I hope they will be able to perform as they expected.

• When I first watched Yeni Kızıltepe this season, I thought with time they could improve and surprise us, yet things have been going down hill for them. They just fired Akif Gürgen, whom somehow manages to get fired in the middle of the season wherever he goes, and hired Mert Karatop.

• I think Nedim Özbey will be fired anyway or already did. He had a conversation last week with a manager, they probably decided he should stay until they find someone else or at the end of season.

GS looks better without Burutay complaining non-stop. I think the team can be motivated and make some surprises with Burutay & Nedim Özbey leaving.

I think Murat Yenipazar and Torres are the worst volleyball players I watched at this level. They simply rely on their strength and have no other skills. It is a shame that mens volleyball in Turkey is all about strength while in better quality leagues, other elements are as important.

• I really wish him the best. Though we do not know what happened, Burutay is one of the best local players, that is when he is used and managed properly. The main problem in Galatasaray is obvious, and it is heartbreaking that Burutay is the one leaving. Whenever he is going, I do hope he will receive the value he deserves.

I criticize Burutay a lot, but if you have followed him, even for a while, I am sure you are aware of the fact that he is not a leader at all, you have to manage him well. This was ignored in Galatasaray big time. I see people celebrating his departure, people that supposedly supported him until a few days ago, while he did his best. He even played when he was injured.

• He is indeed an interesting player and had so much potential. It would be great if he could go abroad but it was his choice to stay in Turkey and play in a lower quality league with bad setters etc.

He is interesting because as Umu wrote, he played even when he was injured and could not spike. On the other hand, when you watch him on tv, he looks like an extremely "toxic player", getting angry, complaining to his teammates etc on the court.

For GS's sake, it was good that he left the team, wish the same for Nedim Özbey. On the other hand I am glad to see Yasin Aydin on the court, he is more pleasant to watch for me as a spectator. I also liked Lukas Divis taking the lead and being positive. In overall, the problem seems like some players, especially local ones believe they are too good, which they are not. I see that with Murat Yenipazar and Torres who are the ones pulling the team down at the moment.

• He is indeed an interesting player and had so much potential. It would be great if he could go abroad but it was his choice to stay in Turkey and play in a lower quality league with bad setters etc.

He is interesting because as Umu wrote, he played even when he was injured and could not spike. On the other hand, when you watch him on tv, he looks like an extremely "toxic player", getting angry, complaining to his teammates etc on the court.

For GS's sake, it was good that he left the team, wish the same for Nedim Özbey. On the other hand I am glad to see Yasin Aydin on the court, he is more pleasant to watch for me as a spectator. I also liked Lukas Divis taking the lead and being positive. In overall, the problem seems like some players, especially local ones believe they are too good, which they are not. I see that with Murat Yenipazar and Torres who are the ones pulling the team down at the moment.

I agree that he had the potential to go abroad and excel, yet he has chronic injuries that prevent him from playing with full potential.

As much as I agree he seems annoying on court, Had Galatasaray had better coach, he could have been managed and they could have had better results. I still believe that coach is the one should be fired, not Burutay.

• Any information why btw?

unfortunately, no.

I heard Fenerbahce wanted both Arda and Ogulcan for this season, but since both wanted to play regularly and didn’t want to sit on bench, Arda went to Tokat. Ogulcan lost his starting setter role before mid season due to underperformance. Now they have gotten Marouf. This could be the reason.