Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• After a couple awkward opening sets Okayama claims victory in a tight tie breaker

When their defense is oiled up there's nothing like it. A thing of beauty :heart:

• Tugba is playing for Kurobe. I officially dislike it when imports play in this Tournament but I'll give Tugba an exception against Saitama ... as long as she doesn't play against Fukuoka

• skorost , if you are around with nothing to do ... Tokai v Toray

https://mainichi.jp/kurowashiki2023/ch3

Emily is MB #14 in white with the short hair

edit. Hope you missed it. The worst set Tokai has played

• Ayano Sato sighting. No knee pads

• it is a wave (blue) and an orange.

Aran comes from Italian for orange (Arancia) and mare for the sea. Merge the two words together.

It's the eyeball that kicks it into high gear

• Match of the night @ 13:00 jst

Fukuoka v Kurobe

https://mainichi.jp/kurowashiki2023/ch4

(D Court, the closer one)

Winner moves on to QFs, loser goes home. They're in the Toyota (who withdrew) Group so they all play one less match :(

• Live action available via link ?

yes, at the link I posted :) Okayama is on now

• Okayama already qualified to move on so it doesn't matter but ... they are getting beat by Kinrankai :what:

• ...the other team look like they're just kids, yet they're leading 1:0 :huh:

High School team. A good HS team, but still :lol:

ps - and they aren't even playing all their best players

• Tie :box: Break

• Okayama fight back....and I'll be back in 30-40 mins to watch the 5th set ? :cheesy:

They play 3 set matches in this qualifying round, but if you get back by 13:00 jst , that's what's important -- the Kurobe v Fukuoka match

• Kurobe being run over...:huh:

i think I'm in love with F.U. no.14....she's so cheerful and lively, with a big swing as well. Btw who won the earlier match ?

Okayama stomped them in the Tie Break

Yes #14 is adorable, and just starting her 2nd year. Fukuoka got bronze in the last All Japan Uni (December 2022 (faves list)) with mostly all juniors and below so they are still intact for this year

#4 is another cheerful cutie

#8 the OP is a weird banger. They all have pretty good serves, and are strangely pretty good blockers for short people

#2 Miyu Kawazoe (faves list). Her High RBI thing is unmatched :rose:

• It's impossible to not love this Fukuoka team :love: