Italy - Superlega 2022/23

• Maybe Sir Safety didn't want to play Challenge Cup at all. Long trips, zero appeal = waste of money.

Naah, Sirci said that they want to play in cups next year and if not, they would have played with back-ups like Modena.

I guess players could lack motivation, but it's not an excuse, Davyskiba will leave Monza and was fantastic yesterday.

• This season is easily on Anastasi - yeah, Perugia wasn't too successful club in terms of legit victories, but it's not like they had any problems in qualifying to CL in previous years, basically they were losing only to Civitanova in this 2018-22 span in Italy. So to lose to Milano and Monza is like the worst season for Perugia in a decade (basically since Sirci started to invest in a club), and it's impressive how bad Anastasi had to be as a coach. The funniest part is that he got hired by Piacenza, lol.

While I agree that Anastasi wasn't able to keep everything together and has lots of responsibilities on the complete meltdown of the team after the Coppa Italia semifinals, at the same time I do believe that Perugia is not a healthy enviroment to coach and play. First it was Vital Heynen, then it was Nikola Grbić, now it's Andrea Anastasi. Just look at ZAKSA: they had a similar path compared to Perugia, two different coaches in the last two seasons (Crețu and Sammelvuo), but they rarely failed in such a spectacular fashion and managed to win big most of the time. Sure, the core of the team didn't change that much, but for example I don't think Bednorz would have played so good if he would have gone to Perugia rather than ZAKSA.

• Well, you can argue that on 'institutional' level Perugia isn't well predestined to compete for major titles - perhaps this is true - but my point is that even these collapses from the past were nowhere near to what happened this year. Bernardi lost to Kazan in CL and Civitanova in the finals, Heynen lost to Civitanova twice in Coppa Italia final and once in league finals, then Grbic won Coppa Italia, lost to Trentino after golden set in CL and lost to Civitanova in the finals of Serie A.

Anastasi? Lost to Piacenza in Coppa Italia and Milano/Monza in the league. Considering a fact that Perugia had 30+ winning streak, as much as I agree that Perugia may not be too 'healthy' of a club, I don't think this year you can argue that Sirci built this team in a bad way etc. Considering how weak is Trentino this season, for me Perugia would have swept the playoffs with their regular season shape. So as much as I agree as well that these annual coach's substitutions were erratic - I don't think any club would keep Anastasi doing such bad job. Thus, this year's collapse in my eyes is on Anastasi as this is the worst season in a decade for Perugia.

• perugia’s downfall is 50% on Anastasi and 50% on the team and Sirci. Anastasi clearly messed up the preparation, but a team of champions like Perugia can’t afford a total blackout like this. Sirci and his pressure surely put the team in a bad position, but that can’t be the alibi for he players and staff.

• Vibo Valentia returns to Superlega!!

I expect a team full of stars from Pippo the next year.

• Final’s game 5 of the most electrifying playoffs of the last years live right now!

• Trento deservedly won the title. 3-0 and Lube/Blengini didn’t understand anything.

• Congratulations to Trento, the season the least likely I thought they would have been able to win it they did it. It must be relieving after being on the losing side so many times lately. For the first time since 2018 Lube ends the season without winning a title, but considering all the ups and downs they experienced I think that just being able to play for the title for the fifth time in a row is a nice accomplishment.

• Catania will take Vibo’s spot for next year.

Buchegger rumored to be the first player of the team.