Netherlands NT 2024

• That brings me to Vera Mulder who's not on the list this year. Is she that severely injured, or is she coming back slowly like Fleur Savelkoel? And who is/was better in the Bundesliga, Van de Vosse of Mulder?

A few weeks ago during one of Stuttgart's matches I saw Mulder on crutches with the team after the match, so I guess she had surgery a while before. There was never any public announcement by Stuttgart about her injury as far as I know, so I don't know what exactly it was, but I guess it's the reason she misses this summer. Van de Vosse had some good matches for Aachen but I think when healthy, Mulder is a better player even though this season she didn't get many chances to show it.

• Klein Lankhorst was far from impressive in Vilsbiburg. I don't know how good Lyklema and Konijnenberg are, but the main setters will be Dijkema, Bongaerts and Van Aalen anyway, so it doesn't matter too much who else is invited. I think last year also Fleur Meinders was invited and this year she's not there but maybe this is because of her decision to go back to Dutch league and not focus mainly on volleyball anymore.

Same for Jolijn de Haan, who iirc played VNL last year but isn't in the group now. I guess Felix choosing players instead who still have ambitions to play full-time (abroad) in the future! But this made me curious so I looked up the list from last year to compare it:

S: Konijnenberg, Lyklema > Klein Lankhorst, Meinders

O: van de Vosse > Mulder

OH: Buijs, Schut, Savelkoel > Boonstra, De Haan

MB: Gerritsen, Overwater > Polder, Korevaar

L: Molenaar > Schoot (not on the list, but on the group photo)

Interestingly only Korevaar and Polder "kept" their number, the others are now onto new players. Usually if someone is out for a summer they will be kept (like for Buijs and Savelkoel) so it will be interesting to see if this means something in the future :whistle: