The new Dela Martinus 2008/2009

• Carlijn Jans is one of my favorite players. :D I wonder why she decide to play for AMVJ rather than stay with Martinus a couple of years ago. Hmm...

The relation between Avital and Carlijn was not so good. She want to play,but he choose for an other player. She stepped out of the plan,may be for her a good choice. She one of the best players of the Netherlands.

• Oh I agree, Carlijn is a great player although I have not seen her play much since Avital did not have her play much in 2007. I remember in 2005 or 2006 she was a pretty good middle for Martinus. She is such a tall player, I don't understand why Avital would not give her at least some playing time.

• Oh I agree, Carlijn is a great player although I have not seen her play much since Avital did not have her play much in 2007. I remember in 2005 or 2006 she was a pretty good middle for Martinus. She is such a tall player, I don't understand why Avital would not give her at least some playing time.

I agree,she is great but Avital had Ingrid Visser, Francien Huurman and Caroline Wensink in the middle.

• Yes, good point, Huurman, Wensink, and Visser are all better than Jans. No offense to her or anything, but Huurman, Wensink, and Visser are such a great trio of players. I really miss Alice Blom, she was such a great setter for Martinus. Do you know why she played outside hitter for the National Team?

• This is the competition at the moment:

1 AMVJ 9 points
    2 Sliedrecht Sport 9 points
    3 VC Weert 9 points
    4 Dela Martinus 8 points
    5 Heutink-Pollux 6 points
    6 Dros/Alterno 6 points
    7 GTI/Nesselande 1 point
    8 Longa 59 0 points

You see,the number 1-4 is very close, anything can happened between those four.

Alice Blom has never been a setter, always outside. I saw her one game as libero,but then Janneke was injured. She's amazing on the outside and her serve.... :obey: :obey: I'm glad she didn't served at me........... ;( :thumbdown:

• Oh you are correct, Alice Blom never did play setter. I think I accidentally typed setter instead of libero... hehe :lol: But wow, the standings look very competitive, and yes, anything can happen in the top 4. While it is still early in the season, I feel there will probably be more separation between the top 4 teams as the season progresses.

Martinus has 2 big games this weekend against AMVJ and Sliedrecht, both at home, so those games will have some impact. I wish the ladies well, as always and I am sure they will play very well regardless if they win or lose.

Marieke, do you know if it is difficult to get tickets to Martinus game? I am thinking about traveling to Netherlands some day and I really want to see the dames play! :D Do you know if Martinus tickets are expensive? Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

• No,the tickets are not expensive and you can easily buy them when you visit the game. In Holland there are not so many fans who came to volleybalgames.Only for the NT,but not for a competition game. Nice that you want to came to the Netherlands. You live in USA?
    Holland is a nice country with lots of interesting places. But you came for the girls?

I'm looking forward to this weekend. It's very important that Martinus win this weekend, so I will shout loud saturdayevening.May be,it will work! :obey: :wavy:

• That is interesting not so many fans go to the Martinus games even though they won the Championship 3 times in the last 5 years. I imagine futbol is much much more popular than volleybal. Yes, I live in USA and have never traveled to Europe before. Europe has so many nice countries with great sites and from what I understand Amsterdam is really nice place to visit. My father has traveled all over Europe and he says Netherlands is very, very nice country to visit! :) So in addition to watching the dames, I would like to sight see and do as many fun activities as possible. :D

I hope you have fun at Martinus game on Saturday. I bet your shouting and cheering will make a difference for the ladies and they will emerge victorious!! :thumbsup:

• That is interesting not so many fans go to the Martinus games even though they won the Championship 3 times in the last 5 years. I imagine futbol is much much more popular than volleybal. Yes, I live in USA and have never traveled to Europe before. Europe has so many nice countries with great sites and from what I understand Amsterdam is really nice place to visit. My father has traveled all over Europe and he says Netherlands is very, very nice country to visit! :) So in addition to watching the dames, I would like to sight see and do as many fun activities as possible. :D

I hope you have fun at Martinus game on Saturday. I bet your shouting and cheering will make a difference for the ladies and they will emerge victorious!! :thumbsup:

Even when Martinus was the NT, there were may be 50-75 people at a competition game. Unbeleavable he! I don't understand it,but it's true. With Champions League last year there were may be 250 people, and that's a lot for Holland and volleybal.
    Holland is a nice place,I have a lot of family in Canada and they loved to be here( and I loved to be in Canada :D ) There's a lot to see, I hope you do.

I will have fun saturdaynight. I'm enjoying to see the new girls playing again. I will shout them to victory,I'll let you know and may be take some pictures of them,ok?

• Oh wow that would be great if you could get some pictures of the game!! That would be fantastic! :D I see the ladies have slightly different uniforms this year from last season. Did they change their uniforms a small amount? I really wish they would broadcast the games online or on tv..... Oh well. GO DAMES!!! :thumbsup:

• Oh wow that would be great if you could get some pictures of the game!! That would be fantastic! :D I see the ladies have slightly different uniforms this year from last season. Did they change their uniforms a small amount? I really wish they would broadcast the games online or on tv..... Oh well. GO DAMES!!! :thumbsup:

I will make photo's for you,ok? Do you have a favorite player?

• [img=http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8346/009nd8.jpg]
    [url='http://g.imageshack.us/img504/009nd8.jpg/1/'][ /url]

It was a great match,Floortje en Robin played great. AMVJ has a team who had already played one year of more together and that was the difference.
    Tonight Dela Martinus plays against Sliedrecht Sport,the number one at this morning... :)

• Oepsie, wrong...

I'll try again:

[img=http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7053/003mx3.jpg]
    [img=http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/003mx3.jpg/1/w800.png]

Nikki and Kathleen

I had forgotten to tell there were more than 100 people to see the game! It was fun. One of the big players was Anne Buys,jumpserve,hard smashes, talent!

• Marieke, thank you for the pictures!

Do you know, if there is a way to see the online scoring? I think, the game with Sliedrecht Sport has already started.

• YES!!! The won with 3-1!!!

1 VC Weert 5-12
    2 Sliedrecht 6-12
    3 Heutink Pollux 6-12
    4 Dela Martinus 6-12
    5 AMVJ 5-11

It's very exciting to see this and I can't wait to see them again!