Germany NT 2010

• Giovanni Guidetti invited 34 players ( :!: ) to NT training this summer. 26 of them will start training camp on 25 May, 8 other players will join in June after Montreux Volleymasters.
    These are the players:

Setter: Kathleen Weiß, Denise Hanke, Lena Möllers, Mareen Apitz*

Opposite: Margareta Kozuch, Saskia Hippe, Sabrina Roß, Kristin Kasperski*, Saskia Radzuweit*

Outside Hitter: Heike Beier, Anne Matthes, Nadja Schaus, Maren Brinker, Sarah Petrausch, Patricia Grohmann, Lina Meyer, Tatjana Zautys, Sandra Sell, Stephanie Kestner*, Nicole Schröber*, Steffi Lehmann*

Middle Blocker: Corina Ssuschke, Anke Borowikow, Christiane Fürst, Anja Brandt, Berit Kauffeldt, Friederike Thieme, Kathy Radzuweit, Lea Hildebrand*, Melanie Iwansky*

Libero: Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lenka Dürr, Lisa Thomsen, Janine Völker

* These players will join NT in June.

• Matthias:
    Kathleen Weiß, Margareta Kozuch, Corina Ssuschke, Christiane Fürst, Kerstin Tzscherlich, Heike Beier and Maren Brinker will be WT line-up. Am I right? Is there any bench player else who'd enter? What would the strongest team be in your opinion?

• Tatjana Zautys? Isn't she Ukrainian? I know that she has good statistics in German leaugue so maybe it's a good idea to have this player in NT. :)

• Tatjana Zautys is German but she is already 30 years old and not a good receiver. Anyways it's good that she gets a chance.

Elcioj: I don't really know who will be in the main team, but probably it will be as you write. Saskia Hippe is a good alternative as Opp and Lenka Dürr as L, but we lack some REALLY good OHs. I don't like Beier and Brinker very much, and none of the others is much better unfortunately. In MB we have two world class players, but behind them there is also not much coming. Anke Borowikow is quite good, Anja Brandt and Berit Kauffeldt are very talented youngsters, but the general problem of our team is that too many players are just TALENTED but not (yet) really GOOD players.

• Tatjana Zautys is German but she is already 30 years old and not a good receiver. Anyways it's good that she gets a chance.

Elcioj: I don't really know who will be in the main team, but probably it will be as you write. Saskia Hippe is a good alternative as Opp and Lenka Dürr as L, but we lack some REALLY good OHs. I don't like Beier and Brinker very much, and none of the others is much better unfortunately. In MB we have two world class players, but behind them there is also not much coming. Anke Borowikow is quite good, Anja Brandt and Berit Kauffeldt are very talented youngsters, but the general problem of our team is that too many players are just TALENTED but not (yet) really GOOD players.

Perhaps Guidetti could change some OPP into OH. José Roberto Guimarães did it with Mariane Steinbrecher and worked it out. Once German has good OPPs the coach would pick 2 in main team. One true OPP and the other an OH. Libero would help receiving.
    Beier is not ok but I think Brinker is a very good player.

• I'm glad, that Mareen Apitz is in this list. In my opinion, she is a good setter. Ihope, that she will get a chance.

• Great List, now I'm even more happy!!!!!!!

Germany is coming to Brasil to make friendly games with Brazil NT in July. Unfortunetly the games will be in Minas Gerais, but I hope I can make it to go there to see them again!!!!!!^^

• Kerstin Tzscherlich will probably join the team later because she might need a little surgery on her ear. Frieda Thieme had to refuse the NT invitation because she will have some important exams at the same time, I don't know if she'll join later too or not at all...

• Christiane Fürst needs a shoulder surgery and will be out for 3 months :( Felix Koslowski will guide the team with mainly new players to Yeltsin Cup, Guidetti will work with the rest of the team in Germany until the departure for the camp in Brazil.

• 3 months? So she is gonna miss the begining of the new season in turkey? :wall:

• Let's hope she can come back in time for the World Championship....

This is very sad...

Germany depends a lot in her game, but the most important now is that she has a nice recovering...

• Christiane Fürst needs a shoulder surgery and will be out for 3 months :( Felix Koslowski will guide the team with mainly new players to Yeltsin Cup, Guidetti will work with the rest of the team in Germany until the departure for the camp in Brazil.

This is too sad :S Will she play in World Champinship?

• if she needs 3 months she has to get in a rapid program or something after her recovering to be able to play again. is vary hard but lets just be possitive

Very bad news :thumbdown:

Fürst ;(

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Finally our federation release information about Fürst. The injury happened in the finals of Italian league, she had surgery in June and can't start training before September. She hopes to be able to play WCH, if the recovery goes well it should be possible. Meanwhile Guidetti will convert Nadja Schaus (OH) into MB as an alternative.

• And what happened to Berit Kauffeldt?? She did not play Montreux and Yeltizin Cup..I think she is better than Brandt.

• She suffered a finger injury before Montreux and is also still recovering as far as I know. Apart from that there is no information and I agree that usually she is better than Brandt, though Brandt has been playing better than expected recently too. In Schwerin she played very little time all season, some matches wasn't even in the roster and Kauffeldt played much more there...
    Btw Kathy Radzuweit started training with NT last week but honestly I believe Anja Brandt is better than her now...