TVC Amstelveen 2010-2011

• Players 2010-2011

Setters: Judith Blansjaar (new, DROS Alterno), Femke Stoltenborg (new, HAN)

Libero: Kirsten Knip (new, HAN)

OH: Sharon Zuidema, Brooke Buringrud (new, USA), Ester de Vries (new, HAN)

MB: Quinta Steenbergen, Judith Pietersen, Dominique Lamb (new, USA)

Opposite: Mirjana Djuric (new, USA)

Coach: Chris Gonzalez

Assistant-coach: Paul Pilon-Stam

Mirjana Djuric ---> http://www.seminoles.com/sport…ey/mtt/djuric_mira00.html

Brooke Buringrud --> http://www.arizonawildcats.com…t/buringrud_brooke00.html

Dominique Lamb --->http://www.arizonawildcats.com…y/spec-rel/011806aad.html

• I know Anna Buijs will play for Kieldrecht, where r the others?

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Floortje Meijners ---> Busto Arsizio (Italy)
    Anne Buijs ---> Asterix Kieldrecht (Belgium)
    Laura Dijkema, Robin de Kruijf, Myrthe Schoot, Maret Grothues --> don't take part in League... daily training with Avital Selinger in city of Almere.
    Monique Wismeijer, Reni Ankoné --> retired

:teach:

• Laura Dijkema, Robin De Kruijf and Maret Grotheus, will stay with Selinger trainning all year, as a permanent NT camp. or sth like that

You told me lately your memory is so badly....;)

• dutch friends, this De Vries, she is the same from Holland Junior Nt playing European Championship right?

Yes, she is :)

• Yes, she is :)

Cool, I think she is making a good championship, I hope she can improve in TVC...thanks! ;)

flyingdutchman, do you know where Jessica Smit will play? Is she going to play first league in Holland? She is doing very well too in ECH!!!!!Making a lot of points! ^^

• Cool, I think she is making a good championship, I hope she can improve in TVC...thanks! ;)

flyingdutchman, do you know where Jessica Smit will play? Is she going to play first league in Holland? She is doing very well too in ECH!!!!!Making a lot of points! ^^

Jessica Smit played past season, like Ester de Vries, Femke Stoltenborg and Kirsten Knip in HAN volleybal (Dutch Talent Team), in Dutch B-League.

I just read HAN doesn't exist anymore upcoming season; Jessica Smit will play upcoming season for VC Sneek, in Dutch DELA-League :teach:

• Jessica Smit played past season, like Ester de Vries, Femke Stoltenborg and Kirsten Knip in HAN volleybal (Dutch Talent Team), in Dutch B-League.

I just read HAN doesn't exist anymore upcoming season; Jessica Smit will play upcoming season for VC Sneek, in Dutch DELA-League :teach:

:rose: thanks! ;)

• Floortje Meijners ---> Busto Arsizio (Italy)
    Anne Buijs ---> Asterix Kieldrecht (Belgium)
    Laura Dijkema, Robin de Kruijf, Myrthe Schoot, Maret Grothues --> don't take part in League... daily training with Avital Selinger in city of Almere.
    Monique Wismeijer, Reni Ankoné --> retired

:teach:

Thank you for the information. I miss Laura, Robin, Myrthe and Maret in the league season :(

Look forward to seeing the "new" team at the Supercup.

• It'll be odd for those girls to only train and never play matches.. I love training, but even I would have a problem with that. Matches is what you train for.

• It'll be odd for those girls to only train and never play matches.. I love training, but even I would have a problem with that. Matches is what you train for.

It does sound odd, but it is the international matches that they are training for - the point is that these players have progressed beyond the level of the domestic league and would get more out of the extra training time than they would playing another season at TVC. Last year they couldn't get a full 5 or 6 seassions in per week because of having to back off on Thursdays and Fridays ahead of match weekends.

As for what the girls themselves think, they are looking forward to some free weekends! :woohoo: :dance4::dance4:

• Hey Dutch friends, Elke Wijnhoven which team will play next year?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• As far as i know she retired.. Played in the summer some beachvolleybal but will not play indoor this season.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Yes, it's really sad such great libero retires - at least for this upcoming season -. She has been voted best libero in Serie A twice or three times last years... It would be great seeing her play for Dutch NT in WCH in Japan, but she doesn't want to play in NT... :(