Germany NT 2012

• I just wanted to post the roster too but Raven was faster ;)

In general there are no (positive) surprises except Mauersberger. She played a great season for Sinsheim and she is a good option for Opp position as left-handed spiker. We only have Kozuch and Hippe there and Hippe has been a major disappointment in the last years. There are rumors that Mauersberger will play in Schwerin next season, Teun Buijs talked to her a long time after Sinsheim-Schwerin match recently.
    Friederike Thieme hasn't played in the last 3 months due to a stress fracture in the foot so I have no idea why she is on the roster. Claudia Steger is a good server and receiver/defender but her attack is nowhere near international level. I think Sandra Sell should have been in the roster as OH, she was one of the main reasons for Köpenick's success this season and she is also just 23 years old. For MB I don't get why Radzuweit is there again every year. I think she hasn't even played one full set for Rabita the whole season :thumbdown: Imke Wedekind and Franziska Bremer played a great season for their clubs and got awarded MVP many times, for me they deserve NT much more than Radzuweit. For libero I would have liked to see Münster's libero Linda Dörendahl, I think she is better than Lisa Thomsen. I hope Guidetti will call some of these players in case we don't qualify for OG (which I don't hope of course)...

• No Stefanie Karg :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

In this case I think it MUST be her own decision because no coach in his right mind could ignore/forget her...

I just realised that also Patricia Grohmann isn't in the roster...she had some problems with injuries this season and didn't play so well but I don't know, she should be there I think...

Either way the final roster probably will be:
    Weiss, Apitz/Hanke
    Kozuch, Hippe
    Grün, Brinker, Beier, Matthes/Burchardt
    Ssuschke, Fürst, Kauffeldt/Schaus
    Tzscherlich
    if 14 players are allowed (in OG are only 12, don't know about qualification tournament) the other two would probably be Dürr and Thomsen.

• Well, no surprise that Luise Mauersberger will probably go to another club, as will most players of Sinsheim, since Sinsheim has filed for insolvency. But that´s a different topic.
    I agree with you, i also don´t know why Hippe and Radzuweit are in there again. Last year, i´ve already said, that i want to see Imke Wedekind and Franziska Bremer in NT. I also don´t wanna see Matthes again.

• my team :)

Germany NT roster for OQT

Kathleen Weiß, Saskia Hippe (Chieri/ITA), Maren Brinker (Pesaro/ITA), Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Margareta Kozuch (Sopot/POL), Christiane Fürst (Istanbul/TUR), Kathy Radzuweit (Baku/AZE), Angelina Grün (Moskau/RUS), Heike Beier (Giaveno/ITA), Anne Matthes, Mareen Apitz, Kerstin Tzscherlich (Dresdner SC), Lisa Thomsen, Berit Kauffeldt, Anja Brandt, Denise Hanke (Schweriner SC), Lena Möllers, Lenka Dürr (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg), Nadja Schaus (Smart Allianz Stuttgart), Regina Burchardt (1. VC Wiesbaden)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Guidetti invited 20 players to preparations for Ankara tournament:

S: Kathleen Weiß, Mareen Apitz, Denise Hanke, Lena Möllers
    Opp: Margareta Kozuch, Saskia Hippe
    OH: Angelina Grün, Maren Brinker, Heike Beier, Regina Burchardt, Anne Matthes
    MB: Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Christiane Fürst, Kathy Radzuweit, Berit Kauffeldt, Anja Brandt, Nadja Schaus
    L: Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lenka Dürr, Lisa Thomsen

Sarah Petrausch, Lina Meyer, Claudia Steger, Friederike Thieme and Luise Mauersberger were asked to be ready to join the trainings in case of injuries.
    Guidetti and Heike Beier sorted out their conflict from last year so she is back in the team. Nice to see that there actually are coaches who are capable of that, maybe he should give lessons to Terzic and others ;)
    First players start training in early April, the others join depending on the end of their club seasons. The team will play two friendly matches with Poland in the end of April and after that Guidetti will announce the 12 players for Ankara.

• I think Guidetti wil choose:

Weiss, Apitz
    Kozuch, Hippe
    Grün, Brinker, Beier, Matthes
    Fürst, Ssuschke, Kauffeldt
    Tzserlich

• I am curious which OH Guidetti will choose for starting player : Beier or Brinker.. Brinker's role was more attacking before Grün came back to NT, now she doesn't have to score that much but someone must receive well on OH position..I think that would be Beier..What do you think about her?

• I think Brinker is not a bad reciever her reception percants look quite good in Serie A and for me she is a better attacker than Beier so i would prefer the same starting six in WC & ECH 2011.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I think Brinker is not a bad reciever her reception percants look quite good in Serie A and for me she is a better attacker than Beier so i would prefer the same starting six in WC & ECH 2011.

Are you sure? %30 perfect reception.. Not so bad but it is not convincing too when there is not a good receiver beside you..Grün made a great job at receiving in ECH but her performance in Dinamo Moscow wasn't the same.. Maybe using Brinker in front of the net and Beier in backrow can be useful?

• Grün is not the young Grün anymore so i think she doesn't want to give her %100 for club and hide her energy for NT guess :D

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I think the main six will be the same as last year. Brinker improved a lot since Grün came back because before that, Brinker always was the victim of opponents' serves and now it is Grün because opponents want to prevent her from attacking by serving always to her. Brinker can concentrate more on attack now. I think Beier's job will be the one Lisa Thomsen used to do, reception substitute for Brinker (or even Grün) for 3 rotations every set. It's good to have Beier on bench because if one of the OHs plays bad she is a better replacement than Anne Matthes for sure.

• great to see Beier back! :)

Giaveno is leading A2 in Italy, and I beleive It is cause of her!

No matter who start playing It is great for Germany to know they will have Beier or Brinker in bench in need. ^^