Brazil NT 2012

• Yeah, Google doesn't help a lot :lol:
    What happened with Cimed, in general? It's so weird when you talking about their expectations, especially that his team could not exist in next season. Whether they had some problems during the season, with salaries, etc? I guess, that they've got financial problems and salaries for Giba and Bruno were high.
    I suppose, that there are no rumors about transfers, etc in brazilian league( :aww: Quiroga in Vivo, no rumors, yeah...). Can you tell me if this formula with one foreign player in team(one, right?) will stay(I know, that it's not a thread for these informations, but... who cares?)?

Lucas can go to Europe. Sidao is not so young like him, so I expect to see maybe just Lucas here. I know, that it's impossible, because, for example we, in Poland prefer players like Vinhedo, Bozko and Nemer(where they good in brazilian league? I've read that Vinhedo had some adventures with NT :what: ) and Lucao is playing in RJX, which is new hegemon in Brazil. Maybe after Olympic Games just one of them will come to Europe.

Do you know when Brazil starts training camp? Will they play any friendly match before WL(amazing to see them in Poland, again :win: )?

I think with Cimed the biggest thing was that their main transfers weren't able to help them very much. If we were evaluating rosters alone, I'd call Cimed, RJX and Sesi the top three teams before ther start of the league. Well, two of these didn't even make the semis, none made the final. Cimed couldn't count with Giba and Gustavo spent half the season injured. They were able to grab them because of the partnership with Sky, but without them, I think Cimed becomes a an ordinary team. Great setter in Bruno, good MB's, but that's it. Their main attackers this season were Rivaldo and João Paulo Tavares, and I think there a lot of better opps and OH's in our league. Also, they did have extra court problems. Their super talented and awarded coach, Marcos Pacheco, quit after the team lost a match against Volta Redonda, one of the weaker teams in the league, at home, for 3 x 0. At that point, I thought they were doing a decent campaign, given the circumstances. Everyone was pretty much shocked when he decided to leave, and there was speculation that there was problems between him and the rest of the technical staff, and maybe even the directors of the club. No one really knows. After that, Douglas Chiarotti, his former assistent, and former NT MB, became the coach, but he's beginning, so I thought it was natural the team ended up dropping their level.

About the foreign policy, next season, they'll expand the possibility to 2 foreign players. That's actually why Minas will be able to have Filip Rejlek and Rodrigo Quiroga both in their roster. That's an improve.

About the players you mentioned, that played in Poland... I'm kinda curious to know how they did in the polish league. Ashlei Nemer, i remember quite a while back, like almost 10 years, had one good season playing in a small club and then transfered to Minas, back when Minas was super strong and fighting for titles, but he never had many chances to play. After that, I think he moved abroad and I never heard about him again. Bozkinho (Luciano Bozko, how he's know here) always had moderate success in medium to strong teams here. Very consistent at what he does best, good player in reception, not the best spiker, but smart enough to produce in attack. One season that I remember quite well was 2002/2003. That year, Ulbra was the champion. This team ceased to exist, but I was a good supporter of them, cause they were the strongest team around the region I live (the south - it's been a while since we haven't any strong teams in Brazil. Everything is concentrated in southeast now - São Paulo, Rio and Minas Gerais). Their roster, that year, was Ricardinho (that was when he became starter setter in the NT), Marcelo Negrão (former NT opposite), Renato Felizardo and Riad (both played in Italy), Bozkinho and Roberto Minuzzi, and Alan. Raphael, current Trentino setter, was sub for Ricardinho. Their coach was Marcelo Fronckowiak, current Minas coach, and one that spent a few years in France. Bozkinho did very well around those years. After he went to Europe, I stop keeping track of him as well. And Vinhedo is the one I'd expect to have the better level among them. As you pointed, he was called to NT a few times at the middle of the last decade, but still when Ricardinho and Marcelinho were there, so he pretty much had no chances. He kept playing for clubs here and I actually think he's done quite a good job. Around 2007, 2008, 2009, I thought it was the top of his level. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me, but I thought around them, he was one of the better brazilian setters. Maybe he didn't adapt too well in Europe, but I always liked him (I think I remember some polish users not liking him very much, last year... :lol: )

About the NT, I'm actually not very aware, unfortunately. (Which is the topic we're in! :lol: ) I know Bernardo already started calling some people to start the trainings in Saquarema, but I haven't heard anything about the friendly tournaments, or stuff like that.

You guys asked about Michael, as well. He's doing a good season, I think, though there's other MB's I prefere more. He's always been very good in serve and attack, not so much in block, I think. I don't believe he has any chances of going to the NT. But I'm sure he's becoming more appreciated.

One other thing. We were talking about Bruno the other day. Unfortunately (or not, let's see), the same blogger I linked the other day posted today saying Bruno received a very good proposal from RJX and is closed to making a deal. I'd rather he went to Europe to improve, but I think it's very likely this happens, specially since Modena is been through financial difficults, as muse said the other day. Maybe Bruno thinks that if he's unable to transfer to Modena, he should give another shot here. (I always thought he wouldn't be leaving here for lack of proposals... So, that doesn't shock me.)

My post is gigantic, sorry... :lol: (I guess, sometimes I get carried away.)

• Huuge post, but I like it :thumbsup: It's always nice to know something more!
    About Giba's injury polish websites talked a lot. I've heard something about Gustavo, also, but I didn't know, that coach left team. Cimed lost two great and main players, coach, they just had Bruno and the others were average. Veery suprising. I'm more dissapointed because of SESI. I support them in brazilian league, so their lost in quaterfinal shocked me, a little bit. I remember their good performance from Club's World Champ., but after that was much worse. They started to lose some matches, their victory against RJX (3:0) gave me some hope(I still like to watch an actions from this match on youtube), but their battle in quaterfinal with the same team was unexpected for me, a little bit, even knowing that RJX is great team. 2011's champions didn't advance into a semifinal... I'm waiting to read some news about them, if something is going to change in the roster. Especially, if Murilo leaves, that interested me a lot. Of course, Volei Futuro gave me a lot of joy in this season, after SESI I like them most in Brazil(maybe because of this horrible thing, which supporters made to Michael Santos in 2011... I support him very much now!), but they advanced into a final, so I guess, that they won't have any revolutions in roster. I would like to see Bruno in SESI, 'cause their present setter pissed me off a little bit. But if you say, that RJX wants Bruno... I knew it :lol: I was waiting for this info, especially, that RJX want to have a national team of BRA as roster. It would be veery bad, if they will start to dominate in Brazil. We have something like that in Poland(Skra Belchatow).
    So, Bozko and Vinhedo doesn't have a bad opinion in Brazil? I don't know how Bernardi and Grodecki(boss of Jastrzebski Wegiel) found those players... Well, Jastrzebski always had some fails in transfers, but those are the biggest or almost the biggest. Vinhedo as main setter had some nice matches, especially when he got the MVP's award, but unfortunately he was more calling 'the reason of Jastrzebski's lost'. To this day he didn't find a cooperation with Lasko(sooo sad) and Bontje. For example, Michal sometimes has to spike by right hand(he's left-handed) or by both hands, which is very funny :lol: Problem with Bontje? Well, Bontje was replaced in main roster by Gawryszewski, when Bernardi understood, that Bontje won't play better. Maybe Vinhedo spends a time on trainings with the other players from main six, not with him, so this relation is pretty bad.
    It's tough to say something more about Bozko and Nemer. Nemer sometimes appears on court to make a serve, 'cause he always can score a point by it. Bozko is on court much often. But I hate, when he can't score a point because of his weak attack(especially in moments, when Lasko doesn't play good and Jastrzebski really need someone else on wings). I would like to see the other brazilians in Jastrzebski, but it's just my thought.

I would like to see Michael in the NT, just to check him. More sad is that he's 29 years old and not perspective player, so maybe here is the reason...

So many polish names in Brazil...

• Brazil official pre-list for World League, It came out today.

Setters:
    Bruninho - Florianópolis
    Marlon - Rio de Janeiro
    Raphael - Trentino-ITA
    Ricardinho - Vôlei Futuro
    William Arjona - Cruzeiro

Liberos:
    Serginho - Sesi
    Mário Jr. - Vôlei Futuro

MB:
    Gustavo - Florianópolis
    Eder - Florianópolis
    Sidão - Sesi
    Rodrigão - Sesi
    Lucão - Rio de Janeiro
    Henrique - Minas

Spikers:
    Wallace - Cruzeiro
    Leandro Vissotto - Cuneo-ITA
    Giba - Florianópolis
    Murilo - Florianópolis
    Théo - Rio de Janeiro
    Thiago Alves - Panthers-JAP
    João Paulo Bravo - Arkas Spor Kulubu-TUR
    Dante - Rio de Janeiro
    Lorena - Vôlei Futuro
    Lucarelli - Minas
    Renan - São Bernardo
    Maurício - Cruzeiro

• I don't get it. Why such players like Marlon are on this list and there is still no place for Rafa Redwitz.

• I don't get it. Why such players like Marlon are on this list and there is still no place for Rafa Redwitz.

Who? Never heard of this guy before! I don´t think he ever played in the national league.
    Does he have double nationality?

• Who? Never heard of this guy before! I don´t think he ever played in the national league.
    Does he have double nationality?

Actually he has already been called to train with Nt before. He is not very knows in Brazil indeed. But I agree, He is much better then Marlon! But I guess he would not have a chance against Bruninho, Ricardo, Rafa or William.

• Let's start again. Bruno has a place in the main roster, for sure. Marlon and Ricardo will fight for second place, 'cause I don't think, that Rezende gonna change something in his favorite team since 2008/2009. I would like to see Arjona there, but... It's just my dream and thought. Rezende knows about Redwitz's existence now at all? :lol:
    I can see maybe one change on the middle. Rodrigao is weaak in my opinion, he should be replaced by Gustavo or even Eder. I'm happy to see Lucarelli again, I hope to see him on court.

There was a rumor, that Redwitz is going to take french nationality, but it was with information about his stay in Tours, if I'm not wrong.

• Actually he has already been called to train with Nt before. He is not very knows in Brazil indeed. But I agree, He is much better then Marlon! But I guess he would not have a chance against Bruninho, Ricardo, Rafa or William.

WHEN?

• oh, I dont remember anymore, maybe two years ago, something like that, but he just rained with the team I think never actually was in a tournament.

Sorry I went to check, actually has a lot more then 2 years..hehehe

He was with the group in 2007 ;)

• Actually he has already been called to train with Nt before. He is not very knows in Brazil indeed. But I agree, He is much better then Marlon! But I guess he would not have a chance against Bruninho, Ricardo, Rafa or William.

For me Redwitz is better than Raphael too. But it's only my opinion :whistle: I don't know much about William and I hope to see him playing to get to know sth about him and his style. But please, not Marlon again :aww: Ricardinho and Bruninho will be absolutely ok for me.

• For me Redwitz is better than Raphael too. But it's only my opinion :whistle: I don't know much about William and I hope to see him playing to get to know sth about him and his style. But please, not Marlon again :aww: Ricardinho and Bruninho will be absolutely ok for me.

Yeah, well maybe since Redwitz now has french passport too, maybe that is why he is not called anymore, myabe It was a choice he made something like that, dont know..hehehe

But I agree with u, not marlon! ;)

• Bernardinho made the first cuts in the list for the World League, he selected 18 players...Bruninho and Ricaridnho will be the setters in competiton!

Setters: Bruno (Cimed/SKY) e Ricardinho (Vôlei Futuro)
    Opp: Wallace (Sada Cruzeiro), Leandro Vissotto (Cuneo), Theo (RJX), Renan (BMG/São Bernardo)
    MB: Éder (Cimed/SKY), Sidão, Rodrigão (Sesi-SP), Lucão (RJX),
    OH: Giba (Cimed/SKY), Murilo (Sesi-SP), João Paulo Bravo (Arkas Spor Kulubu), Dante (RJX), Lucarelli (Vivo/Minas), Maurício Borges (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Líberos: Serginho (Sesi-SP), Mário Junior (Vôlei Futuro).

• Thank you, Bernardinho, for no Marlon on the list :obey:
    Middles... Éder and no Gustavo? What a pity for me as a fan of Gustavo...

• Uff, William is out.

Bernardinho made the first cuts in the list for the World League, he selected 18 players...Bruninho and Ricaridnho will be the setters in competiton!

Opp: Wallace (Sada Cruzeiro), Leandro Vissotto (Cuneo), Theo (RJX), Renan (BMG/São Bernardo)
    OH: Giba (Cimed/SKY), Murilo (Sesi-SP), João Paulo Bravo (Arkas Spor Kulubu), Dante (RJX), Lucarelli (Vivo/Minas), Maurício Borges (Sada Cruzeiro)

• That's what I expected from Bernardo. Maybe on the middle, I would like to see Gustavo, not Rodrigao, 'cause I think, that this second doesn't show high level for a long time. But two previous and one ex-players of SESI - :heart:

• Bernardinho made the first cuts in the list for the World League, he selected 18 players...Bruninho and Ricaridnho will be the setters in competiton!

So, is Dante healthy?? In what shape is he now?

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................