Champions League 2010/2011

• Congratulations to Skra. They played a great match. :super:

In Trentino, Juantorena had a bad day.

ACH won 3x0. IMO they will be 1st in this group. They are playing a good volleyball. And what a nice gym. :obey:

• CONGRATULATIONS SKRA BELCHATOW :flower: :flower: :flower:

They played a great match !!! If everybody is in good shape they can beat any team! Kurek, Winiarski and Wlazly have each of them great potential, but it was long time ago they all played well at the same time! Further I think Falasca is still a great setter! :teach:

Congratulations to all Polish users :drink: :win:

• Skra played really fantastic match. i think the key to their succes and overall very good shape this year is turrific shape of Falasca. last 2 seasons were so-so but this year he is finally showing what he is made of :D obviously other players played very well specially Winiarski who wasn't playing well lately but he is still such a all around player and with fast sets he can be very effective in attack as well. 3 points win against Trentino is priceless win considering how bad Skra always plays with Friedrishafen.

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Yeah, Skra was definitely better than Trentino! It's the convincing result that is surprising, not the victory itself :D I think Stoychev and Trentino finally learned that it's not very useful to be in top shape at the beginning of the season, it was the reason why they lost the Serie A title twice in a row, they were exhausted in May when they lost to Cuneo, even though they were demolishing Dinamo and Skra in the period November-December last year! Maybe now they will reach top shape a bit later to aim the Italian title, which is their main goal of the season. They still have a month till the World Club Champ to practice with Kaziyski, Juantorena and Stokr all together.. I am curious to see them again in Doha, but one thing is for sure, this Skra is improved compared to last year! On the surface, the roster is the same, but maybe the lost final in Doha and the 3rd place in the home F4 of the CL made them work harder, they truly look differently now! However, Friedrichshafen is in a better momentum than Trentino, so Skra vs. the Germans will be a real test for Skra.

In the empty hall in Samokov, it was more or less Yasser Portuondo - Cannes 3-2! I still can't believe this guy came to play in Bulgaria! I am pissed, however, that we lost a point, we should've taken 3... but based on the stupid mistakes such experienced players are making, maybe it's a fair outcome. The coach Popov also showed weaknesses, I really can't understand the weird blocking positions at some moments..

• Skra played definitely great match yesterday. I had believed in victory, but rather not in straight sets :D A really good beginning for Skra in CHL: two matches, two victories, six points. Keep on playing like that :thumbup: I also liked Falasca in that match. As well as Kurek, whose actions were incredible some times.

Jastrzębie... Ehhh...The level of the game against Olympiacos was low and Jastrzębie lost again, which can't be surprising, if we see how they have been playing lately. Maybe they are not worse than Olympiacos, but they couldn't have showed that convincingly during the game and used their chances. So - this one point is ONLY one point for them...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Treviso lost 3x0. This was a surprise for me. Not because Treviso is playing a good volleyball, but because i think Lokomotiv is not strong. Treviso have some good players but they play so bad. Pujol is having a new opportunity in Italy, but again he can't play a nice volleyball. Bontje played a good season last year with Ricardinho, but now he is disappointment.

IMO teams from Russia aren't in the same level they were in the past. Only Kazan have some good players. Dinamo will depend a lot in Dante. If he plays well, Dinamo will have some chances.

After watching 2 games of Fenerbahce i dont think they have a team to win this CL. Only Miljkovic is not enough. I never watched Coskovic playing but i dont think he is a great player. Marshall as OH is not playing like in Piacenza. The only hope is Miljkovic. He can be decisive to this team.

I dont know what happened with Rafael Redwitz, but Tours missed him a lot yesterday.

• Fenerbahçe Turkish Champion last season and actually ! Powerful Team But dont ready to be reel team , Fenerbahçe need time some more ... Aslan Ekşi important Setter in Eupore , He and Ivan try accord ... Fenerbahçe can win ...

• After watching 2 games of Fenerbahce i dont think they have a team to win this CL. Only Miljkovic is not enough. I never watched Coskovic playing but i dont think he is a great player. Marshall as OH is not playing like in Piacenza. The only hope is Miljkovic. He can be decisive to this team.

Bruno i agree with you ;)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• CSKA is pwning Zenit :what:
    Edit:Now Mikhaylov's pwning CSKA :D From 16:14 to 16:25

Don't you worry, don't you worry child. See heaven's got a plan for you

Edited 2 times, last by rugby ().

• 2:1 for CSKA
    surprise, surprise...

• CSKA won. Not surprisingly, with two generations of Bulgarian NT and with Portuondo and Meyo

• Skra Bełchatów - VfB Friedrichshafen 3:0 (25:22, 25:21, 25:21)

Very good game by Skra and third in the row victory in straight sets :thumbup:

Budvanska Rivijera - Jastrzębski Węgiel 3:2 (25:20, 28:26, 23:25, 24:26, 16:14)

I hope Jastrzębie won't qualify to the European Cups next season. They are hopless... It is really painful to watch them playing X(

The most important 3:

• CSKA won. Not surprisingly, with two generations of Bulgarian NT and with Portuondo and Meyo

Of course it's an enormous surprise. I think nobody expected it that way. So i'm pretty amazed, too, we sneaked another win and this time over... Zenit?!!! :what:

:dance4: :drink:

But i'd like to see some non-bulgarian opinions if anybody watched the game.

• I've watched CSKA - Zenit and I'm not surprised by result. Zenit played lot of matches lately, they're exhausted by long trips (played in Surgut, Yaroslavl, Kemerovo) and Aleko admit they are really tired so it's logical they didn't give their best. If we look stats, Zenit won more points, and I expect they will trash CSKA in Kazan. Just remember 2nd set and Mikhaylov serves :obey: :obey: I saw CSKA against Unterhaching and I expect we will see even bigger trashing in Kazan :gone:

• I've watched CSKA - Zenit and I'm not surprised by result. Zenit played lot of matches lately, they're exhausted by long trips (played in Surgut, Yaroslavl, Kemerovo) and Aleko admit they are really tired so it's logical they didn't give their best. If we look stats, Zenit won more points, and I expect they will trash CSKA in Kazan. Just remember 2nd set and Mikhaylov serves :obey: :obey: I saw CSKA against Unterhaching and I expect we will see even bigger trashing in Kazan :gone:

Wow, :woohoo: that would be paintfullly to watch :aww: :lol: :lol:
    I agree with you. After the crash in the second set, when the result in 3rd was 3:3 and Mikhaylov went to serve I though: Gee, this set will end 25:3 for Kazan, :lol: poor CSKA...But CSKA really surprised me and for one thing I must admire them. The way they somehow put Kazan playing in their rhythm. This made Kazan fall asleap...CSKA played smart and effective, the players were very concentrated on the game and hadn't impressed much of what happened in the 2nd set. They kept playing in 3rd like nothing much happened...God job, guys, you deserved the victory! :drink:
    The coach said that they don't focus especially on winning or overplaying Kazan because this will be like a suicide, but just wanted to play a good volleyball. Maybe they still have some chances to qualify for the next round. We will see what happen. :roll:

• I hope Jastrzębie won't qualify to the European Cups next season. They are hopless... It is really painful to watch them playing X(

I know it is somehow very paintfully and frustrating to watch your team losing, but don't say that, please!
    Losing match in 5 (very close!) sets is not like something to be ashame off :roll:!
    Teams are really learning of their mistakes, although fans can get a heart attack in the meanwhile :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Look at CSKA - they played so badly in the first match in Germany losing 3:0 and only 2 matches later - defeting Kazan :D
    Give Jastrzębie a chance, they might surprise you soon :win:

• It is not surprising. Alekno lost a lot of tiebreaks lately, and the core of CSKA are NT setter, MBs, libero and receiver - who all know how to defeat stronger opponents. The tiebreak reminded mе the victory over Russia in WC2007
    About CSKA abroad - if they want to win one or two sets, Todorov must play all the time and Portuondo must be our opposite.

• I know it is somehow very paintfully and frustrating to watch your team loosing, but don't say that, please!
    Loosing match in 5 (very close!) stes is not like something to be ashame off :roll:!

Give Jastrzębie a chance, they might surprise you soon :win:

If we are talking about Jastrzębie - it is not about their loses, it is more about their way of playing and attitude (I had written bout that before). They seem not to be on the European level and lose many matches on their own wish. You can lose - it is sport - but why do you have to do this in such a pathetic way all the time :wall:

A chance? They had a lot of chances in European season (this year and the previous one) - and they are still terrible.

The most important 3:

• They seem not to be on the European level and lose many matches on their own wish. You can lose - it is sport - but why do you have to do this in such a pathetic way all the time :wall:

A chance? They had a lot of chances in European season (this year and the previous one) - and they are still terrible.

Losing in a 5 set match didn't looke to me like they lost on purpose ?( . They have to be very rich club with suicidal behavior of just spending time and money accross Europe, playing hard in 5 sets and then just lose like this was their own wish... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: if that was the case this club has to stop doing this, agreed. :sleeping:

Anyway I still think a club has to play in Europe and this is the only way to achieve an European level, no matter how long it will take (in years) and how many loses they will count... :) my oppinion, no offence, please :)

• Loosing in a 5 set match didn't looke to me like they lost on purpose ?( .

I've watched all their games in CHL .Nobody said they have been doing that on purpose. They just have been playing bad, have no character and "killer instinct". That's my point. :)

The most important 3: