Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Question: How is the South American/Africa spot decided for the Intercontinental Qualifier? Solely based off world ranking? If so, does that mean Kenya has pretty much taken the spot considering their the highest ranked team after Brazil (who will almost definitely win the CSV)?

• Between 2nd Team who will lose to Brazil and 2nd Team from African Final will be play-off.
    FIVB loves Africa so always gives Her chance to be.
    No matter that She hasn't any chance :rolll:
    In good moment FIVB will write- We carry to African Volleyball as much as We can.

• Between 2nd Team who will lose to Brazil and 2nd Team from African Final will be play-off.
    FIVB loves Africa so always gives Her chance to be.
    No matter that She hasn't any chance :rolll:
    In good moment FIVB will write- We carry to African Volleyball as much as We can.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• @ Kadir

Thanks! But, 8 teams means 4 matches a day...isn't it too much for in one gym?

Very strong roster indeed.

One gym isn't a problem for the games. I think it could be 13.00-15.00-17.00-19.00 or 14.00-16.00-18.00-20.00 ;)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• from May 1st to 6th

they can arrange 3 matches in 4 days and then 2 semifinals and 1 final...

every two teams can take a rest during the bye day....

well....The teams resting in the opening day will be very tough for the whole tournament...because they have to fight for consecutive 5 days if they need the only one spot...

it would be very nice to expand the tournament period by one more day

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Burak.. I have question 4 U..
    Who Team will You support in Istanbul Tour? Turkey or "if things go wrong" at least Russia or Serbia?

1. Remember that Margareta will read it.
    2. If U don't answer it means that Turkey and Margareta will know it too.
    3. Remember that Margareta by Inside Volley Group knows like You look so maybe won't be autograph and photo in Istanbul airport..

So what is You answer? :rolll:

• Objection :teach:

Her name is Malgorzata or Maggie, but NOT Margareta :teach:

:D

• Bartek

Turkey :super:

Russia & Serbia are favorite teams. Russia will win the ticket for the London in my opinion

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Official:

The spots to the WOQT FIVB will distribute from the Ranking which will born 12 January 2012.

CEV has 2 places, Norceca 1 but the last spot will get the best Team from the Ranking from CSV or CAVB so won't be play-off.

Probably it means that FIVB loves Africa much more than I expected.

• In such case Kenya has already qualified for the tournament? There aren't any point scoring tournaments left from now till then, right?

• Why? Cuba is the highest Team after USA so even if Dominican Republic wins Continental Qualification, Norceca has 1 place in the WOQT, so Cuba will play in Japan.

• They will fall behind behind Dominican Republic in the new rankings when the Olympic and WCh points get reduced.

Of course, there's a 99% chance that either they or DR win the NORCECA tournament, so they will be in contention for London until the end, but it can happen.

• I think the 12 teams in 2012 Olympics will be

Britian, Italy, USA, China, Cuba, Brazil, Germany, Kenya, Japan, Russia, Serbia, Thailand

• according to Puerto Rico Volleyball Federation, NORCECA has made an adjustment to the schedule of COQT in Mexico, and the new date announced as April 27 to May 6, 2012

there are about 10 National Teams registered to participate in the tournament, including Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, the host Mexico and so on...

the host city has also announced as Baja California of Tijuana

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• How many players team can register for Olympic? 12?
    Is the same rule apply to qualification tournament?