World Cup 2011

• Im sorry, but I dont think is simple as that.......most European teams have just exausting calendars...it is easy to say they dont take serious, but of course they do! But they cant play with injuried players, or players with no physical condition...

And just because the qualification it is how it is, means I have to agree with it and shut up about it.

I dont think is fair that the competition gets restricted by continents, I think should be more open, the teams should not have desavantage cause they were unlucky to be in an continente where there are such other good teams, while others have no competition at all.....only with more open competition, between continents right away, then we would really know who was the best team that deserved the spot in Olympics...who knwos maybe Europe teams would get 5, 6 spots, maybe they would get only 3, but at least we would know for sure that the real best one was the one in the qualification...that is what I think...and I wont stop complaining about it, cause it is just stupid.

Maybe they should allow 2 positions for Europe OGQ.

• prejudice

prejudice? Are you kidding? I don't have any prejudice. I just said what I think. And If you mentioned about Japan and Brazil, I don't see them screaming like Chinese players. (Maybe They do, but not as noisy as Chinese) Well,If you think It's prejudice...It's up to you. :whistle:

• Im sorry, but I dont think is simple as that.......most European teams have just exausting calendars...it is easy to say they dont take serious, but of course they do! But they cant play with injuried players, or players with not physical condition...

And just because the qualification it is how it is, means I have to agree with it and shut up about it.

I dont think is fair that the competition gets restricted by continents, I think should be more open, the teams should not have desavantage cause they were unlucky to be in an continente where there are such other good teams, while others have no competition at all.....only with more open competition, betwing continents right away, then we would really know who was the best team that deserved the spot in Olympics...who knwos maybe Europe teams would get 5, 6 spots, maybe they would get only 3, but at least we would know for sure that the real best one was the one in the qualification...that is what I think...and I wont stop complaining about it, cause it is just stupid.

1. When you can show me how the "European calendars" are any more exhausting than Asian, NORCECA, or the Brazilian schedule then maybe I'll buy that argument. Injury is one thing that you can't control but players are entirely responsible for their own physical condition. If Serbia doesn't qualify for the Olympics they have no one else to blame but their own players. Also, how does that argument apply to Germany who had all of their top players at full strength and yet they failed to earn a bid to the OG?

2. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I just don't see the point of writing the same thing 500 times. You don't like the qualification system, we get it. I don't like China's uniforms but I don't feel the need to share that because it's not likely to change.

3. I give credit where credit is due. People don't respect Asian or NORCECA teams and continue to praise Europe like they're incredibly superior. Show me the medals and the results that garner all that praise (Russia doesn't count because Russia is Russia). China just eliminated Germany and rather than congratulate their effort for EARNING their qualification, it's more important that the European region is so difficult. Give me a break.

• prejudice? Are you kidding? I don't have any prejudice. I just said what I think. And If you mentioned about Japan and Brazil, I don't see them screaming like Chinese players. (Maybe They do, but not as noisy as Chinese) Well,If you think It's prejudice...It's up to you. :whistle:

Maybe it's because Germany is on the opposite side that makes you feel annoying.

• 1. When you can show me how the "European calendars" are any more exhausting than Asian, NORCECA, or the Brazilian schedule then maybe I'll buy that argument. Injury is one thing that you can't control but players are entirely responsible for their own physical condition. If Serbia doesn't qualify for the Olympics they have no one else to blame but their own players. Also, how does that argument apply to Germany who had all of their top players at full strength and yet they failed to earn a bid to the OG?

2. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I just don't see the point of writing the same thing 500 times. You don't like the qualification system, we get it. I don't like China's uniforms but I don't feel the need to share that because it's not likely to change.

3. I give credit where credit is due. People don't respect Asian or NORCECA teams and continue to praise Europe like they're incredibly superior. Show me the medals and the results that garner all that praise (Russia doesn't count because Russia is Russia). China just eliminated Germany and rather than congratulate their effort for EARNING their qualification, it's more important that the European region is so difficult. Give me a break.

ok, well 1. Do you even follow volleyball in Europe? I can five you not one, but many examples... to start, European leagues already started, did Norcecas, Asians or Brasilian? Any of these continents have a tournament like Champions League? They play weekends their leagues (that by the way, most of it very competitive between many teams not two or three), and during weeks travels to play Champions ELague,an even more balanced and hard tournament, can you imagine a team in Brasil having to play weekends brasilian league and during week days traveling to Peru, Colombia, Argentina, and still having to train to play against all the adversaries, that is Europe!.....and any of the continents have a balanced and important tournamnt such the European Championship....for me that are enough arguments to realise how demading the calendar is....do you think what all player in europe so pretend they are tired...commom

2. Ok, I agree with u, maybe I dont have to write what I think over and over again, it is just that in moments like this frustration takes over, and we just need to let it out...well it is 6:00 am now, my family is still sleaping, I had no one to talk to, so I had to write one more time.. :whistle: hehehehehe Ill promice to control myself better. :P

3. I never said that Asian teams or NORCECA are not good. I do think USA, China, Japan are between the best of the words, and Im sure if they faced european teams, as they do, would win maybe most of the time, but what about the others?....you cant ignore the fact that Europe is the continent with the most NUMBER of good teams, and also the continent where volleyball is more organized, that is why people talk so much about Europe, it is not cause they dont respect the others. But maybe if we could put all teams in same conditions we could make a better analise, since we dont have that....you cant also say that Europe dont deserve, so we are in same place (and I really didnt understand you statment as Russia donest count...why not? So Brasil also doenst count or China....really, makes no sence to me that argument. So what Im saying it is not that I want only European teams playing, and they take the spots of USA, Brazil, China or Japan...Im sure if we had a international competition these teams would get also their tickets still, but at elast everyone would be in same conditions, same hard process...and maybe teams like Turkey, Germany, Netherlands that in Europe aer soso, maybe in an internacional level they could beat offen teams like ARgentina, Dominican Rep, and then maybe you would also have a different point of view over them. ;)

• 1. When you can show me how the "European calendars" are any more exhausting than Asian, NORCECA, or the Brazilian schedule then maybe I'll buy that argument. Injury is one thing that you can't control but players are entirely responsible for their own physical condition. If Serbia doesn't qualify for the Olympics they have no one else to blame but their own players. Also, how does that argument apply to Germany who had all of their top players at full strength and yet they failed to earn a bid to the OG?

You don't like their uniforms, really? I don't either. It doesn't show any sexiness of the girls. However this problem goes with the sponsors :dance6:

• You should watch it. And you should see how Brazil and Japan cheers with even louder voice. Don't have prejudice anyway.

I don't think the comments here are meant to be prejudicial. I think it is a matter of preference and what people are used to.

I think it is not really the volume that people are commenting on, but the pitch. People are unfamiliar with it.

It's like those who speak English and European languages are not as used to tone languages as much as those who speak Asian languages (Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, etc).

For example, to a foreigner visiting China, a normal conversation between two Chinese could sound higher pitched compared to what a usual conversation from people in their country would sound like.

Then imagine hearing that amplified during a match and chances are, you will have people whose ears are more sensitive to higher-pitched sounds.

So I think it's not really the "shouting' that people are commenting on. If teams celebrated loudly but in low/big voices, I don't think people's ears would be that sensitive. It's the pitch. I think people are just not familiar with it.

I realize I'm off-topic by the way.

• 2. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I just don't see the point of writing the same thing 500 times. You don't like the qualification system, we get it. I don't like China's uniforms but I don't feel the need to share that because it's not likely to change.

Luckily, ladies' volleyball at 2016 OG shares the same qualification formula with men's tournament. That's somehow a good news for European teams because they would have more chances.
    But speaking of this, I start to doubt whether FIVB is a competent organization which can thrive the volleyball game in the world. And every time I see only a few "Likes" on facebook page of FIVB or FIVB Heroes, my doubt increases.

Totally agreed. Each team has the same opportunity but only the winners deserve the ticket. It's really a big shame that German didn't make it in the last minute.
    I agree that European players always have busier seasons because of multiple leagues in Europe and CEV events. In my opinion Asian countries always have shorter and simpler leagues or international club events, so do many American countries. That's also what I can't understand: why low level leagues emerge so many outstanding national teams, especially of ladies' volleyball.

Maybe it's because Germany is on the opposite side that makes you feel annoying.

I'm afraid "prejudice" is a too big word for Emil. He is just talking about the noise but not Chinese. Japanese and Brazilian players' screams are not relieving his disgust at noises. This is about his personal preference but not a prejudice.

• She might be asleep now, but SORRY for Emil.

• Japan-USA 29-27

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• What If Japan beat USA? Is Italy going to get the champion Trophy? :thumbsup:

Even 2 days ago, Germany was expected to get the bronze Medal and a ticket to London at the same time, but most likely They'll be ranked at 6th Eventually...
    But I don't want to blame them at all. No matter the result is, They played well and won against USA. This is what matters to me :thumbsup:

• ITALYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WINS :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• I've just realized that I'm in love with Logan Tom. :love:

• What a world cup! :white:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• We are the champions!