The 2012 Police Cup - 14-16.09 - Koszalin/Poland

• * Chemik Police Host

* Muszynianka Bank BPS Fakro Muszyna

* BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała

* Vakifbank Istanbul

• Chemik Police Host

Is this a new team in polish first league ? I did not found any informations on the Polish League Thread here on this forum.

• yes they are playing in 1.league but they have to advance to Orlen Liga, roster is: Muhlsteinova, Zebrowska, Hudima, Mroz, Mirek, Krzos, I.Sliwa, D.Sobolska and so on :) the club is not new they were playing in 1.league for many years, but now they have a good sponsor

• Chemik Police was Polish Champion 94,95 and Polish Cup Champion 93,94,95 so Club has rich history.

But.. the Tour may be delete because Police's Hall isn't ready because of construction company's bankruption.

• Ttom and Bartek

Thank you very much for the informations. Now I am curious if this cup will take place.
    I think after the 1st September, many turkish teams will play some friendly matches, since the rosters will be completed mostly.

• The Tour will be in Koszalin not Police.

Is it sure that Vakıfbank will participate to this tournament? I hope they will, it would be a good preperation before the league 'cause there are CL-level teams like Muszyna and Bielsko Biala.

• Tournament in Koszalin with some changes... Atom instead of Muszynianka... Allianz MTV Stuttgart 1843 from Germany instead of Bielsko-Biała:

14.09.2012 Friday
    16:30 - ATOM Trefl Sopot - Allianz MTV Stuttgart 1843
    18:30 - Opening Ceremony
    19:30 - Chemik Police - Vakifbank Istanbul

15.09.2012 Saturday
    16:00 - ATOM Trefl Sopot - Chemik Police
    19:00 - Vakifbank Istanbul - Allianz MTV Stuttgart 1843

16.09.2012 Sunday
    14:00 - Vakifbank Istanbul - ATOM Trefl Sopot
    16:30 - Allianz MTV Stuttgart 1843 - Chemik Police

• Team Rosters:

VakıfBank

1 Dilek Kinik
    2 Gözde Sonsirma
    3 Gizem Güreşen
    4 Sila Çalişkan
    6 Jovana Brakocevic
    7 Małgorzata Glinka Mogentale
    8 Melis Gürkaynak
    9 Tuğçe Hocaoğlu
    10 Güldeniz Önal
    11 Bahar Toksoy
    13 Christiane Furst
    16 Polen Uslupehlivan
    17 Naz Aydemir
    18 Saori Kimura
    Coach: Giovanni Guidetti

PSPS Chemik Police
    1 Izabela Śliwa
    2 Dominika Sobolska
    4 Kinga Zielińska
    5 Veronika Hudima
    6 Aleksandra Pasznik
    7 Magdalena Soter
    8 Aleksandra Krzos
    9 Alicja Malinowska
    11 Lucie Mühlsteinová
    12 Izabela Żebrowska
    13 Katarzyna Mróz
    14 Anna Karpicz
    15 Justyna Raczyńska
    17 Joanna Mirek
    Coach: Mariusz Wiktorowicz

Atom Trefl Sopot
    1 Natalia Gajewska
    2 Mariola Zenik
    3 Erika Kelly
    4 Izabela Bełcik
    5 Dorota Pykosz
    6 Anna Podolec
    7 Yulia Shelukhina
    8 Dorota Wilk
    9 Sylwia Wojcieska
    10 Anita Kwiatkowska
    11 Justyna Łukasik
    12 Magdalena Kuziak
    15 Rachel Rourke
    16 Klaudia Kaczorowska
    Coach: Jerzy Matlak

Allianz MTV Stuttgart 1843
    1 Silvana Olivera
    2 Pia Weiland
    3 Nadja Schaus
    4 Deborah van Daelen
    5 Ralitsa Vasilieva
    6 Lena Gschwendtner
    7 Lora Kitipowa
    9 Franziska Bremer
    13 Tatjana Zautys
    16 Alessandra Jovy-Heusser
    17 Svenja Engelhardt
    18 Evelyn Delogu
    Coach: Jan Lindenmair

• It seems, we will get only the results of that tournament. Vakıfbank's starting line up:

Vtt: Naz - Fürst - Bahar - Gözde - Glinka - Brakocevic - Gizem (L)

Glinka played as OH, I am qurious how she played. I prefer Glinka as OPP and Gözde-Saori OHs. I believe Guidetti will use Polen in the league much more. Glinka-Saori-Fürst triple is my choice as foreigners that would play against FB, GS, ECV and TED. As for Champions league, Guidetti has so many options. :lol:

• It was a very good game for Vakifbank team. Brakocević was the best on court imo. She had very good serves and spikes. Saori was on the court for only a few minutes. She's not the same Saori in Japan NT ..; She's a little uncertain and embarassed. Maggie Glinka was a little slow but it was enough for "new power" on the polish volleyball map.

I expected more local fans . Maybe at weekend will be better.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Saori can feel awkward due to moving, it's usual that she got culture shock and it'll take some time to get used to Europe ;) Araki in Italy also had problems, unfortunately she was only shadow of a player from best times. Hope that Saori can deal with new challenge :win:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It was a very good game for Vakifbank team. Brakocević was the best on court imo. She had very good serves and spikes. Saori was on the court for only a few minutes. She's not the same Saori in Japan NT ..; She's a little uncertain and embarassed. Maggie Glinka was a little slow but it was enough for "new power" on the polish volleyball map.

Hey, I was there too :)

Anyway, Jovana was the best, that's for sure. I really liked her strong spikes, spirit, serves and her defence.
    I think it may take Saori some time, before she gets used to the team and everything.
    Gozde was bad, and I mean BAD. Naz still needs to find connection with her teammates, but she had a few nice ideas, like that pipe with Maggie at the end of second set. And Maggie was off in her spikes. Chemik (the other team) was well prepared for her spikes and she also had few problems here and there.

You know where you could see the biggest difference? Chemik looked like a bunch of some random players, who don't really know what to do with themselves (and they already played a tournament in Bobolice and they lost only with PTPS Piła), while Vakif players, with new setter and new opposite, they just KNEW how to play together. Of course they had their problems, but they were always a team. And that's what I love about Giovanni's groups - he always creates a TEAM.

• Can you tell me how was Bahar playing? :)

• Sure :)
    She didn't play much. I mean, she was on the court, but didn't get many sets. And I think she couldn't find connection with Naz - most of the times the balls she got were way to low. I think Christiane was a little bit faster and in better shape, like she had more training, and Bahar just got back from holidays :) She didn't play bad or anything like that, she just needs some time.