Old Netherlands vs Azerbaijan

• I found this old Netherlands vs Azerbaijan match on one of my old volleyball tapes. I have no idea what championship it is from. Erna Brinkman is still in the team and there's a really young Visser and Huurman (as opposite). There's also this Wiegers chick who i hae never heard of, but she seems pretty solid. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy.

Netherlands vs Azerbaijan

• Thank you :flower:

I liked Erna Brinkman very much :teach:

edit: it's WCHQ in 2001 (length: 5 minutes)

• No problem man, thanx for figuring out what this is. Yah Brinkman was pretty cool, would like to se more footage of her, but hard to find

• Thank you so much. I wish it was a full match. Glad to see Boersma there as an assistant coach. She played 2 seasons in Brazil and she was named best foreigner player both seasons.
    I guess I might have some old stuff from Brinkman from Atlanta 96. As far as I remember both Fledderus and Visser were already starters in 96.

• Thank you so much. I wish it was a full match. Glad to see Boersma there as an assistant coach. She played 2 seasons in Brazil and she was named best foreigner player both seasons.
    I guess I might have some old stuff from Brinkman from Atlanta 96. As far as I remember both Fledderus and Visser were already starters in 96.

Boersma and Brinkman played both in Brazilian League, right ??

It's so pity it took place before the internet-era...so I never saw them play :(

In which teams did they play?

• Boersma and Brinkman played both in Brazilian League, right ??

It's so pity it took place before the internet-era...so I never saw them play :(

In which teams did they play?

Yes, they both played here for Rexona (ex Unilever team) and they had Bernardinho as a coach. It was season 97/98 and they got the Superliga championship. Back to that time Erika was 17 or 18 years old and she was playing her first Superliga. Ingrid Visser played the same season but for MRV Minas.

During finals Brinkman didn't perform at her best so she was replaced by a young Raquel Silva. For season 98/99 Brinkman left Rexona and Boersma stayed for 1 more season. Rexona hired a young Piccinini to replace Brinkman. And this same season we had Osmokrovic (Leto) playing for BCN. OMG I really miss those days.

I know I have some games from that season. My upload rate sucks so I will see if I can upload anything even if it's a brief summary.

• I will see if I can upload anything even if it's a brief summary

That would be great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And thanks for your information about Boersma and Brinkman :drink:

• I found this old Netherlands vs Azerbaijan match on one of my old volleyball tapes. I have no idea what championship it is from. Erna Brinkman is still in the team and there's a really young Visser and Huurman (as opposite). There's also this Wiegers chick who i hae never heard of, but she seems pretty solid. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy.

Netherlands vs Azerbaijan

No 7 is Elke Schuil-Wijnhoven...:D Riette Fledderus is the setter, and you saw who's the libero?? Jippie!!
    And in the end a 17 year old Manon Flier with last point!

You saw the position of Francien?

I think it's around 1995,when the Dutch girls won the EC in Arnhem, with the youngsters Ingrid Visser,Elles Leferink ( she's not in the video?)

• Yes, they both played here for Rexona (ex Unilever team) and they had Bernardinho as a coach. It was season 97/98 and they got the Superliga championship. Back to that time Erika was 17 or 18 years old and she was playing her first Superliga. Ingrid Visser played the same season but for MRV Minas.

During finals Brinkman didn't perform at her best so she was replaced by a young Raquel Silva. For season 98/99 Brinkman left Rexona and Boersma stayed for 1 more season. Rexona hired a young Piccinini to replace Brinkman. And this same season we had Osmokrovic (Leto) playing for BCN. OMG I really miss those days.

I know I have some games from that season. My upload rate sucks so I will see if I can upload anything even if it's a brief summary.

Dude, i remember this so clearly! Those were the days where I started following, and, eventually loving volleyball. Cintha was the best, always such an amazing player. Awesome in every fundamental of the game, rocking the back court in spite of being a MB, always reliable and together. I miss those times. Our league had a bunch a foreign players.

Anyway, that is a bit where my admiration for the dutch team came from. I love to get nostalgic... haha :thumbsup: