Champions League 2008/2009

CSKA SOFIA - AZS CZĘSTOCHOWA 1:3 (23-25,16-25,25-20,20-25)

I also expected that CSKA will finally win in this year's IECL but Czestochowa fully deserved their victory! It was painful to see exactly Mlyakov scoring 31 points :) in fact, he made just few mistakes and was almost all the time unstoppable for the Bulgarian block :( Rafa Pascual helped the young "red" team a lot despite his injury, but the truth is that today CSKA disappointed as a team in the crucial points after the second TTO...

• Skra BEŁCHATÓW - Iskra ODINTSOVO 3:0 (25-22,25-22,25-17) :woohoo: :thumbsup: Great game by Polish champion and stars from Iskra had nothing to say. Bąkiewicz, Wlazły, Możdżonek - they all were good today.
    Giba had played rather average game, but gave very nice interview after that. He is a real class player and man, which I never doubted :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• SKra was absolutely incredible today to be honest i have never seen Skra playing like that. they were awsome in block service defence uh everything Iskra could not do anything today . great job guys :win: :box:
    i think Gaic has some kind of POlish course everytime he play with polish team he loose :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Congratulations to Skra and all their fans! That was a 100%-deserved victory! The element that they were constantly dominating in today was the block! Amazing job by Plinski and Mozdzonek!!! Nice words for Falasca, who was simply impeccable tonight, and Wlazly, who made quite a lot of points! Gacek was very inspirational as well, but, for me, the trully MVP was Murek (just my opinion)... The only weird thing I noticed while watching were the two substitutions Castellani made at the end of the first two sets. At score 24-21 (or something similar) replacing the two starting 4-s - Murek and Bakiewicz, with Antiga and Kurek...?!?!?! But that was the night of Skra, whoever was on the field would have done enough to finish the game in 3 sets...

It was a fascinating game to watch! Let's hope Skra will show even more in the rounds to come :)

• Another great game tonight: Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza - Zenit Kazan 3-1

Sweet revenge for the Italians after the defeat in the IECL 2007-2008... Nice game for Zlatanov (as usual) and, especially, Marshall! I would also mention the second setter of Piacenza Dante Boninfante, who replaced Meoni in the best possible way! Zenit was playing without Korneev and Apalikov though Abrosimov had a good game and scored a lot of points! It was great to see these two teams against each other once more!

• It's unbelievable :rolll: Skra played great match. Everyone were fantastic. Especially Bąkiewicz. Iskra had a very bad day. I don't remember, when I last time watched so frail Verbov.

• Another great game tonight: Copra Nordmeccanica Piacenza - Zenit Kazan 3-1

Sweet revenge for the Italians after the defeat in the IECL 2007-2008... Nice game for Zlatanov (as usual) and, especially, Marshall! I would also mention the second setter of Piacenza Dante Boninfante, who replaced Meoni in the best possible way! Zenit was playing without Korneev and Apalikov though Abrosimov had a good game and scored a lot of points! It was great to see these two teams against each other once more!

:dance6: great match for us! we played almost perfect, Marshall and Boninfante overall. amazing block, strong defence and a quite good serve(6 aces but many times the opponents didn't receive good) made the russians cry! :)
    Korneev started the game but he was subsituted by his coach at the half of the first set, i don't know if because an injury of because he was playing bad.
    i want to underline one thing: 3100 spectators even though Piacenza was totally covered by the snow yesterday and the streets were in the worst condition i've ever seen.
    the only pity is that with no snow we could have had 4000 spectators and maybe someone more, but it's ok, the important thing is the fantastic win!
    for me, this wasn't a revenge, cause it wasn't a final but just a round game, however it's a sweet win for sure.. :whistle:
    anyway, i think in Russia it will be too hard to win, i hope the contrary but i'm not so confident on it.

P.S: congratulations to Skra Belchatow, magnificent play!! Iskra is for me the favourite team to win this title, so great job guys! ;)

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

Edited once, last by Copra Piacenza ().

• i want to underline one thing: 3100 spectators even though Piacenza was totally covered by the snow yesterday and the streets were in the worst condition i've ever seen.
    the only pity is that with no snow we could have had 4000 spectators and maybe someone more, but it's ok, the important thing is the fantastic win!

Quite a lot. But yesterday in Łódź- 8000 spectators. :woohoo:

• i've read 9000...yeah i remember the amazing atmosphere there. the only problem is that our arena can contain 4500 spectators, if we would have had such a big hall it would have been so great also for us...
    anyway 9000 people for a volleyball match is always a magnificent show! congrats! :drink:

• Skra hall can contain only 2500 spectators. So match Skra-Iskra was in Łódź, not in Bełchatów. Such curiosity. :drink:

• AZS Częstochowa crushed CSKA Sofia 3:0 again. No doubt, which team was much better :super: Two precious wins for AZS. :)

The most important 3:

• great job guys one more win and Czestochowa probably advance to next round :thumbup: after very poor start of a season they starting to play really well young team but very dangerous. Bartman-what a great player he is 20 and he is amazing already how well he will play in age of 25? :D
    Pascual-he should end up with volleyball such a great player finish like this :(

Pascual-he should end up with volleyball such a great player finish like this

Did he play that badly? I could not watch the game, the statistics says he made .... 1 point only...

• A:
    Domex Tytan AZS CZESTOCHOWA - CSKA SOFIA 3 : 0 (25:13 25:20 25:16)Stats
    Fenerbahce ISTANBUL - Iraklis THESSALONIKI 0 : 3( 17:25 7:25 11:25 )Stats

B:
    Noliko MAASEIK - VITORIA SC 3:0(25:18 25:10 25:23)Stats
    Jihostroj CESKE BUDEJOVICE - Dinamo MOSCOW 1 : 3( 25:22 19:25 22:25 18:25 )Stats

C:
    Lube Banca Marche MACERATA - Portol Palma MALLORCA 3 : 0( 27:25 28:26 25:10) Stats
    Crvena Zvezda BEOGRAD - Knack Randstad ROESELARE 0:3(20:25 20:25 22:25)Stats

D:
    Zenit KAZAN - Copra Nord Meccanica PIACENZA
    Piet Zoomers/D APELDOORN - PARIS Volley

E:
    BEAUVAIS Oise - ACH Volley BLED 1:3(25:20 23:25 27:29 23:25)Stats
    aon hotVolleys VIENNA - TRENTINO Volley 2:3(29:31 23:25 25:18 25:23 9:15)Stats

F:
    Panathinaikos ATHENS - VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN 3:1(25:17 15:25 28:26 25:18 )Stats
    Iskra ODINTSOVO - PGE Skra BELCHATOW

• Did he play that badly? I could not watch the game, the statistics says he made .... 1 point only...

unfortunatly yes ,only name left from that great player. he struggle a lot in reception and he couldn't score point. i don't know why he continue his career :whistle:

• quite interesting...we totally dominated the match but we lost 3-2, i don't know why...really
    we were leading in all sets, then after the half Kazan every time tied the game and then beated us...
    anyway, without Zlatanov, the opposite and even his subsitute(injured during the match!!!) we lost only 3-2.....veeeeery good signals for us

• Very unlucky loss for Piacenza.. :( they didn't deserve to lose this game... Fantastic Marshall and Bravo, the team played well even without Zlatanov! Cheremisin was the hero for the Russians! The serves he made at 10-13 in the tie-break need no comment... Overall, I think Zenit will suffer a lot if Korneev continues to play like this.. For me, he is not the best option a coach might have for a 4 at all, but this is Alekno's choice.. he can contribute more for the next rounds, I hope, otherwise, we will see the reigning champions eliminated soon..

• Iskra ODINTSOVO - PGE Skra BELCHATOW 3-0
    it was a bad, bad, bad match..

• D:
    Zenit KAZAN - Copra Nord Meccanica PIACENZA 3 : 2 (16:25 26:24 25:23 19:25 15:13 )Stats
    Piet Zoomers/D APELDOORN - PARIS Volley 3 : 2 25:18 25:16 22:25 23:25 23:21 Stats
    F:
    Iskra ODINTSOVO - PGE Skra BELCHATOW 3 : 0 ( 25:14 25:22 25:20 )-Stats

after 4 round of the matches,DynamoIraklis, MACERATATRENTINO aleady won the pass to the play-off

• Iskra ODINTSOVO - PGE Skra BELCHATOW 3-0
    it was a bad, bad, bad match..

That game took away from me all the joy of victory in Łódź... I hate when Poles plays like that against Russian teams in Russia - giving up before the game. Even when we have foreigners in the squad :down:

The most important 3: