The Olympic Games in Beijing - Elimination Round

• As for this new ball, teams will have 5 matches to get used to it before the real tournament starts.

• It's a pity I can't be in Serbia otherwise I'd sleep in the gym :dance4:
    Anyway, I voted for China, but maybe Italy can win too. :D
    (btw, I prefer Guiggi than Anzanello :P , she did a magnific season for Pesaro)

• I would translate it for you, but I will left this pleasure to Nastja ;)

Oh oh oh przepraszam :D

well it means sth like this:
    There was nothing left for me to do than packing and going home. This was my last chance to go to the Games. I surely wont get the next one.

• Thank you Nastja for translation.I realy appreciate that.I see this words many times and i didn't know what they mean.I do it know.I hope Lena would have another chance for the games,she is not so old.In the next games she will be 34.So anything is posiblle.THANK YOU NASTJA AGAIN,and have fun.

• well it means sth like this:
    There was nothing left for me to do than packing and going home. This was my last chance to go to the Games. I surely wont get the next one.

Wish i didn't know the translation. Now its even sadder that Lena didn't make it.

And from World Grand Prix 2008 thread where some were predicting QTR matchups, but I think this makes it less likely (not saying it won't happen) :whistle:

"The top four teams in each Preliminary Round pool will advance to the quarter-finals
    A1 vs. B4
    B1 vs A4
    A Drawing of lots will determine the opponents of teams A2 and A3 and decide which of these two teams will play against B2 and which one shall meet B3."

• And from World Grand Prix 2008 thread where some were predicting QTR matchups, but I think this makes it less likely (not saying it won't happen) :whistle:

"The top four teams in each Preliminary Round pool will advance to the quarter-finals
    A1 vs. B4
    B1 vs A4
    A Drawing of lots will determine the opponents of teams A2 and A3 and decide which of these two teams will play against B2 and which one shall meet B3."

I totally agree with you, this new drawing of quarterfinals could mix these other predictions up, which im happy about, cos im tired of reading them.

• I see what you mean, Hugo!

But we have to bear in mind that a drawing of lots would determine the pools of the preliminary round and the result of such drawing was exactly the same as the ranking distribution people were making here in the forum.

I don't know if you guys were referring to me when you said that some people were trying to predict what would happen. My predictions were expressing my wishes rather than my opinion about teams when I wrote them. I'm sorry If I offended anyone.

• I don't know if you guys were referring to me when you said that some people were trying to predict what would happen. My predictions were expressing my wishes rather than my opinion about teams when I wrote them. I'm sorry If I offended anyone.

Ah no offense at all. :P Predicting is fun. I just wanted to highlight that little change in case some weren't aware of it. Makes predicting qtrs harder. ;)

• wow, thanks... this is great! i hope i can watch a game...

• Hi everyone. Since it will be barely 10 days before the OG, are there any olympic volleyball team who already left their country for Beijing?

BTW, Kimrossi, thanks for the link. please read my pm.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Hi everyone. Since it will be barely 10 days before the OG, are there any olympic volleyball team who already left their country for Beijing?

BTW, Kimrossi, thanks for the link. please read my pm.

As I know, the team from Africa(Sorry, I cannot spell her name) has arrived the capital of Korea, and the BRA women team has arrived in Japan to train there. And the Polish men team will arrive in Hongzhou, the capital of Zhejiang Province of China ,soon.
    BTW, a famous woman also arrived in Beijing.

• Is that Regla Bell? If its her, good to see her in Beijing. One of the best Volleyball players all-time.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Is that Regla Bell? If its her, good to see her in Beijing. One of the best Volleyball players all-time.

:lol: ,she is Torres,the MVP of 20th century. She is an official of CUB now.

Haha,Regla Bell is fatter than Torres now !

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Hahaha Pardon my volleyball history ignorance. :lol: I was torn between the 2 Regla's of Cuba. Atleast I got the Regla :lol: ..Anyway, now i get that she's Regla Torres after surfing the Beijing website (she's featured there..)

• Brazi's team suffered a lot with Regla Torres and Regla Bell on court both in the Atlanta and Sydney Olympics. In the final match of the 2000 OG the Russian Team with Gamova, Artamonova and Sokolova also suffered a lot with Regla Torres, Taysmarys Aguero, Yumilka Ruiz and Marlenis Costa. That Cuban team was a nightmare for the fans of all the other National Teams.

• I don't know if someone already post it here...but there were this special report made in one of Brasilian televisions (GLBO)...adn they did some amazing shots with Female Brasil NT...I thought Really interesting...

here it is...http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=zcUfIh32dEk

If someone is interested at the text...I translated....well..or tried to... :D

woman starts saying - You will see now the last special report that "Bom Dia Brasil" prepared about Beijing's Games.
    Men beside her (Alexandre) - What our super camera brings today, Tadeu?
    Tadeu - The volleyaball Alexandre, the technique, the power, the effort to save the ball that seemed lost.
    - The female NT in special images, as you had never seen it.

The movie starts...(I'll translate only the principal voice...adn teh spaces btween lines are going to represent different frames of the movie...ok? ^^ )

When the ball comes up... Brasil will climb together.

If they will come to attack us...strengh in shoulders...arms firms over the net...wall where no ball can pass.

When the doubt comes...Is the ball going to fall?...Is it going to fall?.......Strech till fingertips...to bring the sure...here it won't fall!

Whe our time arrive...face the bal...and reach it at the highest point possible...at the explosion of muscles!

At the Olympic Games, the Brazilain volleyball will throw itself with all desire.

The care with the ball...the precision of the touch.

And when our opponents thinks they know our ways...the surprise...

When the ball comes up...

( hope I could help...hehe...but actually I just put it...cause of the images...hehe)