The Olympic Games in Beijing - Elimination Round

• CHINA offfcial roster 12 announced

S: Feng Kun, Wei Qiuyue
    Oppo: Zhou Suhong, Liu Yanan
    OH: Yang Hao, Wang Yimei, Li Juan
    MB: Xue Ming, Zhao Ruirui, Xu Yunli, Ma Yunwen
    L: Zhang Na

the same composition as WGP tournament...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• coaches really have different tastes. china is bringing 4 blockers. italy and usa are bringing two liberos. brazil and russia are bringing only 3 blockers but 6 hitters.

• I was just reding about how some of you are saying that K.GAJGAL, is better chois than L.DZIEKIEWICZ for OG in BEJING.Lena is much better playerin than GAJGAL.GAJGAL is having wery bad serves and she is not wery gut blokerin, so Lena is first chois for me. Also beacouse I'm wery big fan of Lena.So, don't insolt me. :wall:

• I was just reding about how some of you are saying that K.GAJGAL, is better chois than L.DZIEKIEWICZ for OG in BEJING.Lena is much better playerin than GAJGAL.GAJGAL is having wery bad serves and she is not wery gut blokerin, so Lena is first chois for me. Also beacouse I'm wery big fan of Lena.So, don't insolt me. :wall:

dont worry, i can understand you :lol:
    But actually Gajgal is a pretty good blocker, what Lena is too. They are pretty the same for me from their playing ambition.
    In my opinion Bonitta could have left Rosner at home... I like Rosner, but her attacks are not efficient enough and her receiption gets worse too. But ok, Bonitta will know what he is doing. First of all im thankful to him, that he "discovered" Lena. And im sure she will play next season with the NT again.
    Btw im also very happy that Lena didnt give pissed interviews or sth (like Belcik or Swieniewicz). It just shows that she is a pretty nice and humble woman.

Now its time to support the poles, without looking back.
    As i read in a polish forum yesterday "Remember the football eurochamps. Spanish coach decided to leave Raul at home and what? they became champions anyway" :super:

• I support them in any way, but I'm wery dissipointed that Lena is not going to BEJING.I was hopping to see her there.I dont know what's wrong with Bonita.The polish team is not the same withowt LENA. :cup:

• What does it mean, that words in polish that you wrote in the end of the sentence.I suppose that Lena said them in one of the interviews.Can you translate them for me in english, beacouse I don't understand polish. THANK YOU. TOMAZ :flower:

• I think Rosner and Baranska (it would have been better to have Sawicka too) are very useful to the team, because they receive and defend very good. People often forget that reception and defence are very important. And Podolec-Glinka-Skowronska are not exactly perfect in back row. In past matches some defendable balls were not defended and that makes me :hit:.

Baranska is also a good server, not just defender/receiver. She could easily enter in every set to sub Bednarek, who does not defend and her serve is normal. That gives Poland an opportunity to gain points. And Baranska is a good attacker too.

Lena is a complete player. She is more than a MB!

• Thank you Samba Player.I totally agry with you that Lena is a complet player.Baranska erned her place in a polish team, beacouse she can play in every position on the court.In a front row they should be Skowronska-Glinka-Dzienkiewicz or Liktoras.That's the best kombination at lest for my opinnion for deffence and attack.
    GO POLAND! :dance6:

• I don't agree with you...Bednarek is probably our best server. She is really very good in this.

Her serves seems rather average, but yes she did a lot of aces in WGP and OGQ. So it means that her serve is really good. :super: But statistics show that Baranska at WGP had the best serve of all Polish team and she is certainly better than Bednarek at defence. I'm curious what Bonitta choices are going to be. :call:

But if Baranska is needed, she will most likely sub Podolec or Glinka.

• Well i agree with pol on this one
    Baranska's serves are maybe the most powerful in the team, but she also commits a lot of errors. I remember a match where she served about 80% of her serves into the net or out...
    And Bednarek has a great tactical serve, the ball flatters a lot and makes problems for the receiving team.
    Its really good to have such different servers on the team, its actually pretty hard for the opponent to get used to an uncertain serving pattern.

Btw, is Kasia still jumpserving? damn i havent seen her playing in such a long time :(

• In 13 days the OG will start!

I'm having butterflies in my stomach already! Can't wait to watch it!

• RUSSİA

• What does it mean, that words in polish that you wrote in the end of the sentence.I suppose that Lena said them in one of the interviews.Can you translate them for me in english, beacouse I don't understand polish. THANK YOU. TOMAZ :flower:

I would translate it for you, but I will left this pleasure to Nastja ;)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• It seems that the test play for the new ball will definitely happen in OG and i dont like that move..I wish they could used it in WGP for the players to get used..

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• It seems that the test play for the new ball will definitely happen in OG and i dont like that move..I wish they could used it in WGP for the players to get used..

i agree with this. i haven't seen the new ball nor do i know whether it will really affect the game. but considering that it will, i think the olympics will be too big an arena to test out the new ball.

• i agree with this. i haven't seen the new ball nor do i know whether it will really affect the game. but considering that it will, i think the olympics will be too big an arena to test out the new ball.

Ive seen this ball being used in a volleyball match when i witnessed in one of the AVP matches here in southern california live...color blue and it looks cool though..

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• oh. i have only seen pictures. yeah. it looks cool. i haven't touched it yet though.