The Olympic Games in Beijing - Elimination Round

• I would advise Bonitta to take Dziekiewicz :lol: well ok, its not her position but who cares :lol:

Dziękiewicz's reception is quite good. :) I suppose she plays better in receiving than Podolec :roll: But...Anna must go to Beijing. She is very important player of our team :!:

• I hope this Podolec's case is not true. Team needs her. It would be a big lost, if she couldn't play. Her play is something dissapointed, if we consider her great skills, but when she is in the top form :whistle:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• That would be really sad if Podolec couldn't play in Pejiing ;( Does anybody knows who would take her place if it comes true ???

I'm a little bit scared that Polish NT won't be really god at Olympic Games because there are so many troubels now and a lot of health problems... ;(

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...

• That would be really sad if Podolec couldn't play in Pejiing ;( Does anybody knows who would take her place if it comes true ???

I'm a little bit scared that Polish NT won't be really god at Olympic Games because there are so many troubels now and a lot of health problems... ;(

I hope Podolec's ok (anyway, she played in Russia, didn't she?), but I don't think it's just an excuse to make the team performance go up or go down :!: After all, they are a team... :thumbsup:

• Podolec has still serious problems with her shoulder. Polish team awaits some medical tests results and than Bonitta is to decide if it is necessary to replace Podolec and call out some another player... :( I have bad feellings...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• its weird that Italy´s roster always looks less dangerous on paper than on court.
    The team is beatable for sure. It lost a strong attacker with Del Core and Barazza cant be in her topform yet...
    I just cant wait for the Olympics to begin, im tired of predicting and analyzing possibilities, its time to see the reality :lol:

as you can see i added some smileys to the board, extra for the olymics :olympia:

• its weird that Italy´s roster always looks less dangerous on paper than on court.
    The team is beatable for sure. It lost a strong attacker with Del Core and Barazza cant be in her topform yet...
    I just cant wait for the Olympics to begin, im tired of predicting and analyzing possibilities, its time to see the reality :lol:

as you can see i added some smileys to the board, extra for the olymics :olympia:

i like the smileys! :olympia:

I have to agree with you Nastja. Italy's roster seemed not that dangerous but Im sure they will still be formidable and so is Russia. The Olympic games will be very unpredictable and whoever comes closest with luck will win..remember the US in 2004. They were world number 1 coming to the OG but ended up 5th in the games..So i expect a completely unpredictable OG. Whoever wins, they will deserve it.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• that's what i like about team italy. it's not the individual skills of the players that wins there matches. but they're teamwork and tactics.

:olympia: i'll use the olympic smiley too, just for the heck of using it.

also, i feel sorry for anzanello and del core. both of them worked so hard for the team and now they would not be included in the lineup.

i haven't seen centoni play in A international competitions; the last time i saw her is with Cannes and in Abu Dhabi.

• Italy:

Palleggiatrici: Eleonora Lo Bianco, Francesca Ferretti

Opposte: Serena Ortolani, Nadia Centoni

Centrali: Jenny Barazza, Simona Gioli, Martina Guiggi

Schiacciatrici: Taismary Aguero, Francesca Piccinini, Manuela Secolo

Libero: Paola Cardullo, Paola Croce

http://www.volleyball.it/leggi.cfm?art=37266

• well, thats exactly what Matthias posted 5 posts above you...

• yes I know but I guess there is a mistake because Italy web site wrote Aguero is Schiacciatrici and Ortolani is Opposite

Mattihas:

Opposites: Aguero, Centoni

OH: Piccinini, Secolo, Ortolani, Croce (L)

• i actually like it better when aguero plays as an OH. her reception is really good. but i think her back row attacks are better than ortolani too

• I've already said it ten thousand times but I'll say it again: I'm SAD Del Core won't be at the Olympics. And I'm sad for Anzanello, too. :( But I'm sure her moment will come.
    As for the team in general, I'm really happy with it. It's the strongest team we've ever had. I like Centoni, I think she can be good for the team. I hope Barazza and Aguero will recover and be at their top condition in time for the beginning of the OG. Or at least, in time for the most important matches. :)
    And, last but not least, let me use the new smiley: :olympia: .

• up to now, i still do not know what happened to del core.

and i will use the olympic smiley again. :olympia:

• Well, a bit late but better than never, i added a poll to this topic on the first page in the opening post.
    So before you continue to post here, select one option in the poll :lol:
    Dont wonder why i didnt write down all countries, but i think nobody will argue with me that Venezuela, Algeria and Kazakhstan wont win Gold

now get it started! :serve:

• even though i want italy to win; i voted for brazil.

• I just want to clarify that i DID NOT vote for poland :lol:
    Eventhough i support the team from all my heart, i just cant believe that they can win the goldmedal.
    Russia is usually very concentrated in big matches, so i think they will have great chances BUT i voted for Italy... First of all because they have a great style of playing (thats why i didnt vote for russia) and they are from Europe ;)

• http://www.nbcolympics.com/cou…tos/galleryid=151488.html

LINK TO THE OFFICIAL OUTFITTING OF TEAM USA (by Polo Ralph Lauren...suprising!)

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)