European Championships 2009

• I don't care if Serbia ends up winning gold medal (which of course won't happen), I want Terzic out of the NT. Today was the most amateurish coaching on high level I have ever seen. What does it take to call a time out? That we lose 15 points in a row? What does it take to sub Nikolic and Djerisilo who play HORRIBLY the entire match? Isn't it coach's job to help the players relax when they're so tense they look like they're going to explode??? And this wasn't the first time, sadly.

Congrats to Turkey, a match very well played. And well coached.

• After today's results I think that Germany, after Italy, has a big chance to play the semi's.

In the other group, Russia and Netherlands will probably make it.

About 'our' match tomorrow against Belgium I'm a little bit worried. The team is so full of confidence, they may underestimate Belgium :down: . That's the thing I conclude out of some interviews after today's match against Bulgaria. Belgium has proven against Russia what they are capable of..a really tough opponent.

We will see tomorrow :whistle:

• @ Matthias

Do you agree with me that Germany after today's results has a big chance to get into the semi's :?:

• Massimo Barbolini: Azerbaijan team deserves much more than they have now!

- The national team of Azerbaijan – very good team, - tells Massimo Barbolini. – Comparing with matches of the first group round the Azerbaijan volleyball players played well not only in an attack, but also in defence. It was very difficult to us to resist to a national team of Azerbaijan in first two sets and we had serious problems. So the two first parties were key in all match and I have understood that having won them, we will win all match.
    - During the first party when your team was in the lead with the big separation and suddenly began to lose points, and then the national team of Azerbaijan has made even the account, were not afraid, what will lose a set?
    - Certainly, I very much was afraid that we will lose the first set. It could break my wards. But it is normal, when the team conducts with the big account, and then over and over again starts to lose points. Any strong team can, both to win, and to lose. I consider that for us important was to win such sets when the contender shows persistent resistance and can win. It is a wide experience which will help us and further on the European championship.
    - Whose game as a part of a national team of Azerbaijan was pleasant to you most of all?
    I think that all Azerbaijan volleyball players played very well. First of all, it would be desirable to note Polina Rahimova, well and of course, it is necessary to note world star Natalya Mammadova. Basically, today the national team of Azerbaijan played better in all components.
    - On what the national team of Azerbaijan in your opinion can count?
    - Difficult tell on what it can to count in the present European championship, but it is assured that she deserves much more, than now has. I think that in the future, when young Azerbaijan volleyball players gather experience against a national team of Azerbaijan will play very much and very difficult!

• Congrats Turkey.They took our revenge.i hope we will take their revenge from germany.

Thank you. What do you think about today's games?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Congrats Turkey.They took our revenge.i hope we will take their revenge from germany.

I hope Shabovta :drink: It will be so good ;)
    You played 3-2 with Germany, I think you can beat them..

• Mammadova going to play? As yesterday's injury was serious

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• She has two injuries and it was not just yesterday.Everyday she played with this injuries. in both feet she has big problem,but she plays.She is really amazing,even with the injury. Golden MAMMA! And I think she will play.But i think we will play not for won. Because our team counts Turkey as brother and we can help) :rose: :drink:

• Today we have 2 very important matches: Poland-Russia and Gemany-Serbia. Unfortunately, at the same time :thumbdown: If Poland and Gemany win, have a great chance to semifinal.

• Yes, very important matches. First of all we have to beat both Russia and Bulgaria. If it happens, we will be close to the semis. But there is a one condition more: Russia CAN'T win against Holland. And Holland don't have to beat Russia to qualify, so... :whistle:
    But let us wait with so complicated predictions. If we don't beat Russians, we have nothing to talk about...
    Germany-Turkey... I don't care that much who wins it. But I would bet on Serbia. After all.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• She has two injuries and it was not just yesterday.Everyday she played with this injuries. in both feet she has big problem,but she plays.She is really amazing,even with the injury. Golden MAMMA! And I think she will play.But i think we will play not for won. Because our team counts Turkey as brother and we can help

Yesterday the person who commented on the match in our game before we went Mammadova meanwhile rubbing his leg and was seriously injured I think he said. That's why I asked you. I wish you success with our Azerbaijani brothers. We can not leave our brothers get out of Azerbaijan in the semifinals.We are seeing a different happiness Korotenko libero last season.We love Korotenko :win:

• Yay we're officially in semis!! :dance6:

Now it'll be interesting to see who's going to be there with us...Germany? Serbia? :huh:

• Italy didn't play very well today, they won mainly because of Czech mistakes and because they had better nerves in decisive moments. But they certainly played much better in the preliminary matches...On the other side, the Czech girls put up a really good fight, I think their setter and Matuszkova played very well.

• Italy didn't play very well today, they won mainly because of Czech mistakes and because they had better nerves in decisive moments. But they certainly played much better in the preliminary matches...On the other side, the Czech girls put up a really good fight, I think their setter and Matuszkova played very well.

Yes, we played better in the first part of the tournament. But today I saw very good things in defense, so I'm still satisfied. But I'm looking forward to see what we'll do tomorrow against Serbia. THAT is going to be entertaining. :)

• @ Ros

Italy in semi's is no surprise for me. In my opinion Italy is the strongest team at this tournament. The difference with the other strong teams is that they have no single weak point.

I think worldwide Italy is at second place, after Brazil.

• @ Ros

Italy in semi's is no surprise for me. In my opinion Italy is the strongest team at this tournament. The difference with the other strong teams is that they have no single weak point.

I think worldwide Italy is at second place, after Brazil.

Well, I can't say I'm really surprised, but I'm never too sure about the results we can achieve. I still remember the horrible, horrible match against the U.S in the last Olympics, where we were one of the best teams (at least in theory) so... :wall:
    I always try not to keep my hope too up. :)

• Matlak will not be present on matches against Russia and Bulgaria.