2009 transfer news

• Anderson Menezes (Brazil, 31-year-old, opposite, CAI Voleibol Teruel) moves to the newly promoted to Serie A2 Italian team Globo Sora. This transfer is, at least for me, quite surprising since the Spanish champions Teruel will play in the IECL next season! Moreover, Sora is a newly promoted team which I doubt will have that much chance to reach Serie A1 at all... I simply cannot understand this decision by the player and I am wondering what the inspiration behind this move could be!

• I think Ball and Stanley have already signed new contracts with Kazan

So far the updates were about players finding teams
    Now one about a player who won`t find a team this season

Plamen Konstantinov retires from volleyball and gets involved with politics. He joined the party of the former king of Bulgaria (Simeon) and tha plan is to become the next minister of sports

• Robert Kromm (Antonveneta Padova) to Marmi Lanza Verona.
    Dore della Lunga (Itas Diatec Trentino) rumoured to join on loan Marmi Lanza Verona as well... no confirmation yet!

Some news about Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia:

Cosimo Marco Piscopo (middle-blocker, Itas Diatec Trentino) set to sign with Vibo Valentia.
    Santiago Orduna (Argentina, setter, Sp Catania) joins Vibo as well.

Vibo is also showing interest towards Marco Molteni (Yoga Forli) and getting on loan Javier Gonzalez (Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo). I don't think they will sign Gonzalez though...

• gundars celitans in ziraat bankası, ı remember he is a good server and skorer players, can anyone give me some information about him?

• I think he goes to E.A. Patra.

Yes, he is in conversations with E.A.P

Kostas Christofidelis passes from Olympiakos to Panathinaikos. He signed for two years.
    This is a major surprise because Christofidelis was the captain of Olympiakos and played for the team for 14 years.
    He is the second player, along with libero Achilleas Papadimitriou, who changes from Olympiakos to Panathinaikos this transfer season.

Olympiakos signed Pavlos Kouzounis (libero) from Foinikas Syrou (he was on loan), Kostas Ioannou (outside hitter/opposite) from Milon and Chrysanthos Kyriazis (outside hitter/libero).

Kostas Christofidelis passes from Olympiakos to Panathinaikos. He signed for two years.
    This is a major surprise because Christofidelis was the captain of Olympiakos and played for the team for 12 years or so.
    He is the second player, along with libero Achilleas Papadimitriou, who changes from Olympiakos to Panathinaikos this transfer season.

Is this because of all the transfers Olympiakos have made recently..? It does not make sense otherwise for such an experienced player AND captain of the team to leave unless the club's situation makes him do so..

• Is this because of all the transfers Olympiakos have made recently..? It does not make sense otherwise for such an experienced player AND captain of the team to leave unless the club's situation makes him do so..

Yes I believe so. Olympiakos has signed Kunnari, Caldeira, Ioannou, Kyriazis and they want another foreigner outside hitter. They also have Karipidis. So, it seemed that Christofidelis wouldn't have much time on court.
    In Panathinaikos he won't be a starter, but he will be the third outside hitter. Also Panathinaikos offered him more money.
    I have to say that Christofidelis and Panathinaikos have agreed but the contract hasn't been signed yet.

• Gundars Celitans is just a really good opposite, among the best perhaps even. This season they gave Khtey more playing time in Belgorot as far as I could see.. he did play really well as well. But anyway, Celitans played the Dutch National team a couple of weeks ago with his national team and he was really hard to stop. Luckily the rest of the team was crappy, but he's definitely a good opposite, even though he has a goofy approach (wrong foot in front o the other).

• Nice. I wish all the best for Max!
    Can you tell me the other players that you have there?

Unfortunately, I don't know about other names. De Kergret will leave Yantar, the new coach is Yaroslav Antonov.

• The young Russian libero Roman Martinyuk (Prikamie Perm) signed with Gazprom-Yugra Surgut.

Also, Alexey Kazakov (Ural Ufa) moves to Lokomotiv Novosibirsk.

• gundars celitans in ziraat bankası, ı remember he is a good server and skorer players, can anyone give me some information about him?

14 June 1985 born Latvian spiker is 2.00 tall and 95 kgs. While his spike height is 3.52m. block capacity is 3.30m. Gundars started his professional career in Latvia 2004. After playing for VK Lase R Riga in 2006-2007 season, he moved to France Pro A in 2007-2008 in order to play in AS Cannes. He scored 21.5 av. per match and went to Russian Lokomotiv Belgorod next season.

• Pawel Woicki (Asseco Resovia Rzeszow) signed with Delecta Bydgoszcz! Another good player in the squad from Bydgoszcz after Szymanski, Gruszka, Wojciech Jurkiewicz and Wojciech Serafin! They should achieve high results in the next season then :)

• As a replacement of Anderson Menezes, who left to play in the Italian Serie A2, CAI Voleibol Teruel signed two opposite players - Iban Perez (Portol Palma Mallorca) and the young Daniel Rocamora (Unicaja Almeria).

Also, Aleksandr Mastyuk (middle-blocker, TNK-VR Orenburg) signed with Fakel Novyi Urengoi.

Alexandre Antonio Bergamo (opposite, Esse-Ti Carilo Loreto) moves to Toulouse to replace Marien Moreau leaving to AS Cannes.

• SSK Ankara contracted two Finnish players - the setter Arto Hanni (Pafiagos Syllagos, Cyprus) and Antti Siltala (Aris Thessaloniki).

Philip Schneider (Aon hotVolleys) moves to Montpellier.

• Alexey Bovduy (Zenit Kazan) signs with Ural Ufa.

The setter Alexander Butko did not renew his contract with Iskra Odintsovo. He has an offer from Lokomotiv Novosibirsk but has not made a decision yet...

• Alberto Cisolla (Sisley Treviso) goes to Lube Banca Marche Macerata!!!

Finally a change in Treviso's team! Robert Horstink is going back to Treviso as a starting player. So I guess that's why they don't need cisolla, because with the both of them their reception would be too weak.