Russia - Superliga 2009/2010

• I couldn't watch the fourth game between Novosibirsk and Belgorod, but judging by the result, I can guess Belgorod showed the champion's spirit they normally demonstrate, or at least have demonstrated some years ago! A great away victory, leading the series to Belgorod again! Hope they are gonna repeat the success from yesterday :)

• As I predicted, Lokomotiv Belgorod eliminated Novosibirsk after beating them 3-1 in the last 5th encounter at home!!! I am very happy for this team, it's been some time since they last appeared in the final play-offs, this year their place is well deserved and I hope they will manage to beat Kazan :super: Thanks to Mattyrey for the uploads, this way I will be able to watch the games I missed. It would be even greater if they earn an IECL spot again, just as the good old times :D

• Final
    Zenit Kazan - Lokomotiv-Belogorie 3:0 (25:21, 26:24, 25:15) (1:0) stats
    Zenit Kazan - Lokomotiv-Belogorie 3:0 (25:14, 25:21, 25:18 ) (2:0) stats
    Next match: 13.05.10

Bronze medal
    Lokomotiv Novosibirsk - Dynamo Moscow 3:1 (23:25, 27:25, 33:31, 25:18 ) (1:0) stats
    Lokomotiv Novosibirsk - Dynamo Moscow 0:3 (16:25, 18:25, 20:25) (1:1) stats

• Final
    Zenit Kazan - Lokomotiv-Belogorie 3:0 (25:21, 26:24, 25:15) (1:0) stats
    Zenit Kazan - Lokomotiv-Belogorie 3:0 (25:14, 25:21, 25:18 ) (2:0) stats
    Next match: 13.05.10

Uhhmm WTF? is Kazan really THAT good??

• well, Lokomotiv won 3-0 in the third game, so I expect some miracle and a possible comeback :) I think both teams are equally strong, maybe Zenit is more experienced and took advantage of the home factor, which lead to the two convincing victories. Today, the story was different :)

• i would have loved to see Kazan in champions league's final...and not Moscow...
    wonder what could have happened... :)

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• i would have loved to see Kazan in champions league's final...and not Moscow...
    wonder what could have happened... :)

CSKA Sofia lost 1:3 in Kazan and beated them 3:1 in Sofia, so I wonder what if Sofia was against Trento :D

• Unfortunately, Belgorod won only the silver.. However, I think this can be considered successful because this team has been a bit quiet over the past 3-4 years with the exception of winning the CEV Cup last year. So coming back to the final series is not that bad after all, even though they might have at least won their second home game.. but as I said before, Zenit has more experienced players, which made the difference at the end. Anyway, congratulations to the new/old champions! At least Lokomotiv won the right to participate in the IECL again :) I just hope they will be able to keep most of the players for the next season so that they can be competitive enough.

By the way, there is some interesting stats in www.volleyservice.ru about record holders of titles in the modern history of Russian volleyball (after 1992). Sergey Tetyukhin won this year his 8th (!) title.

• Khtey – player of the year

Taras Khtey of Lokomotiv-Belogorie became the winner of the Kuznetsov prize-2009/10, award of Sport Express to the best player of the season.

For the 27-year old outside hitter it is the first title of this kind in the career.

"Thank you for congratulations," said the player. "If I was to choose the best player of the championship I as a captain would name Dmitriy Musersky and Dmtriy Ilinykh."

"They are definitely two revelations of the championship. If they continue to develop this way they can claim the Kuznetsov Prize every year."

"It is no use locking the stable door after the horse is stolen but I think that had we had the advantage of the home court in the final series against Zenit its result could have been different."

source: sport-express.ru siatka.org